It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

4000 Marines Headed To Middle East As Part Of Peleliu Amphibious Group Dispatch

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 04:44 PM
link   
Misleading headline.

Peleliu ARG and 15th Meu Depart For WESTPAC Deployment By U.S. THIRD Fleet Public Affairs To cover the departure of the Peleliu ARG or for more information please contact LT Greg Flores Expeditionary Strike Group Three (619)556-5478; or Cell: 619-572-9456 no later than 4 pm Friday, Sept. 14. SAN DIEGO – Peleliu Amphibious Ready Group (PELARG) and 15th Marine Expeditionary Unit (MEU) are scheduled to depart Naval Base San Diego on Sept. 17 for a regularly scheduled deployment to the Western Pacific and Middle East. Nearly 4,000 Sailors and Marines will deploy with the ARG/MEU aboard USS Peleliu (LHA 5), USS Green Bay (LPD 20), and USS Rushmore ('___' 47). The ships have been trained and prepared to conduct a wide range of military and expeditionary operations globally. source: www.peleliu.navy.mil...

Its not 4000 Marines and Its a normal deployment.

edit on 17-9-2012 by dcmb1409 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 05:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by schuyler

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000
reply to post by schuyler

I don't think we have Embassies and Compounds being over run and the threat of more being over-run to the quick accompaniment of the State Department saying the Marines are on the way in-force, every 6 months.

The POINT is that the two are not related. People who think so are jumping to the conclusion that BECAUSE of the embassy situation, THEREFORE 4,000 Marines are on their way. That's not true at all, even a little bit. And if you care to go back and look at the many threads on Navy deployments in the past you will find that every six months, whenever a Strike Group or ARG deploys, the same thing happens. People rush to judgment and proclaim there is an "escalation" in effect.

This is like clockwork going back about three years ago when an erstwhile new ATS member proclaimed that the USS Stennis was going to go to attack Korea and start WW III. Didn't happen. I told him so. My reward? Calling me a bunch of names. The plain fact is I've been correct every single time.

You know the reasons the Peleliu is being deployed? Because the Iwo Jima is running out of Diet Coke and the Marines want to get home and get laid. That's why. They are trading one group of 4,000 Marines for another group of 4,000 Marines. That's all.

ATS's response? Chicken Little. OMG! WW III! False Flag! Escalation! People here seem incapable of absorbing and learning normal Naval rotation schedule.

Like I said. Chill. Really.

I concur...what he said ^^

I did five ARG deployments and they all sucked.
Lines for EVERYTHING on the ship. Marines love to stand in line, sometimes they aren't even sure what the line is for. They do it just for something to do.

These rotations occur every six months and people's panties get in a bunch that WWIII is breaking out or some other crazy thing.

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 05:21 PM
link   

Reserves in this area have been told to cancel any vacations, as they may be called up very shortly.

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 05:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dogdish

Reserves in this area have been told to cancel any vacations, as they may be called up very shortly.

Very cryptic....what is "this area"?

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 05:51 PM
link   
reply to post by dcmb1409

Its not 4000 Marines and Its a normal deployment.

They are going to the Westplac exercises with 4,000 Marines and Sailors on 3 ships.:
www.peleliu.navy.mil...

Nearly 4,000 Sailors and Marines will deploy with the ARG/MEU aboard USS Peleliu (LHA 5), USS Green Bay (LPD 20), and USS Rushmore ('___' 47). The ships have been trained and prepared to conduct a wide range of military and expeditionary operations globally.

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 05:51 PM
link   
reply to post by bg_socalif

Sorry, didn't mean to be cryptic, that's all the info I have. Indiana.

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 05:54 PM
link   
reply to post by sad_eyed_lady

I understand that. The headline said 4000 marines it didn't mention that number also included sailors. It takes more than two people to run a ship. Some aircraft carriers have around 5000 personnel aboard without Marines.
edit on 17-9-2012 by dcmb1409 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 06:05 PM
link   
reply to post by dcmb1409

Thank you for enlightening me as to the crew capacity for the ships. I kind of blows my mind how huge they are,
Given the situation in the Middle East I would not expect a skeleton crew. Lets hope there is no need to stay past the exercise period.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join