It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is DHS Preparing a False Flag Attack on American Shopping Malls or Sporting Venues?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 01:07 PM
link   
DHS is starting a new program that will promote citizens turning in other ‘suspicious’ citizens in an effort to protect us from domestic terrorist attacks and keep us safe.

In Virginia and Indiana, Simon Property, owner of 393 properties worldwide, including the Town Center at Aurora (the shopping mall located near the Century 16 Theater in Colorado where the Batman shooting took place) will partner with DHS and Janet Napolitano to participate in the See Something, Say Something campaign which turns average American citizens into Stasi.

Other participants in the DHS surveillance program are the MLB, MLS, NBA, NHL, and the NFL. So who does DHS suspect would perpetrate such an attack? Well of course it would be Muslim extremists and those damned Right Wing Extremists!

Reported last month in mainstream media was the premise that the DHS had reason to believe there was a reasonable supposition that radicalized extremists could threaten shopping malls. Federal and local law enforcement was on alert that Middle Eastern Islamic militants or rightwing extremists could and most likely would threaten a shopping mall to instill fear into the general public.

The Southern Poverty Law Center who is sponsored by the FBI and the Zionist-controlled Anti-Defamation League both reported that militia groups in the US had risen to 824 and that there was an intensification of racist hatred by white supremacists in militia movements.
link

What evidence has led them to this “reasonable supposition”? I think this is either a set up for some future staged incident or simply a strengthening of the police state; either way it’s not good!

Is this just DHS being cautious or does this smell funny to you?

edit on 17-9-2012 by seabag because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 01:15 PM
link   
reply to post by seabag

Being that the Southern Poverty Law center was mentioned in the article, I would have to agree with your thread title!

IMO, one of the biggest threats to our freedoms and liberty in this country are organizations of the likes of SPLC!

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 01:22 PM
link   
It smells more than funny....stinks to high heaven.

I knew this see something say something was going to get even worse.

Make the sheeple paranoid, get them to turn each other in, ff and then bang...martial law and gun control.

Our government is working right out of the SS playbook.

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 01:25 PM
link   
Things here and around the world are just moving way to fast.... Something BIG is about to happen soon.... This is all too crazy!!!
edit on 17-9-2012 by camaro68ss because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 01:30 PM
link   
You may be on to something. Look at the latest string of bomb threats at universities. The most recent one being at LSU this morning...

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 01:34 PM
link   
It's hard to know what matters and what doesn't. While in trucking I was a 'card carrying' member of Highway Watch and the DHS related training w/ the assigned number and all that went with it. Basically it just meant that if I saw something as a trucker, I had this number to give someone on the other end of 911 and it was supposed to tell them I was more than the average John Q Citizen.

In reality, the drunks I called in still drove on their merry way without being stopped..and the only legit possible terrorist thing I ever saw, never had anything done about it. ( A car with a couple guys parked under the flight path of the Memphis airport...in the no turn center lane..and seemingly doing nothing late at night)

So is this something to worry about or another program to make those who head it feel powerful, those in it feel special and everyone else feel screwed by the cost to make nothing happen?

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 01:34 PM
link   
Yes why would we worry about our shopping malls being targets just because they have been targets in other countries. Has to be a false flag because you know everything is.

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 01:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by camaro68ss
Things here and around the world are just moving way to fast.... Something BIG is about to happen soon.... This is all too crazy!!!
edit on 17-9-2012 by camaro68ss because: (no reason given)

Couple the false flag potential in Malls to this new rush to strengthen the ability of the government to detain us and you have a VERY scary scenario.

“A Department of Homeland Security bulletin was issued Friday claiming that the riots [in the Middle East] are likely to come to the US and saying that DHS is looking for the Islamic leaders of these likely riots,” Afran tells Hedges. “It is my view that this is why the government wants to reopen the NDAA — so it has a tool to round up would-be Islamic protesters before they can launch any protest, violent or otherwise. Right now there are no legal tools to arrest would-be protesters. The NDAA would give the government such power. Since the request to vacate the injunction only comes about on the day of the riots, and following the DHS bulletin, it seems to me that the two are connected. The government wants to reopen the NDAA injunction so that they can use it to block protests.”
link

Notice how in their appeal they leave out "right wing extremists" yet you find that term linked with "Muslim extremists" in almost everything DHS puts out?
edit on 17-9-2012 by seabag because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 01:46 PM
link   
The DHS is being cautious; the public are one of the best sources that law enforcement have in the prevention of terrorism. The public are essential for reporting a suspicious lone package in sitting at an air-port or reporting neighbours who appear to be involved in terrorist activates and so on. “see something say something” is actually quite a good sounding campaign

I don’t see anything here to say “FALSE FLAG!!!” rather all I see is yet another campaign to keep the public aware of terrorism and their role in preventing terrorism. In the UK is know that this forms a core tenant of our counterterrorism policy, there is no reason why other states would not be the same.

So no false falg.

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 01:50 PM
link   
reply to post by OtherSideOfTheCoin

I don’t see anything here to say “FALSE FLAG!!!” rather all I see is yet another campaign to keep the public aware of terrorism and their role in preventing terrorism.

They KNOW the terrorism is about to hit our shores in a big way.

“A Department of Homeland Security bulletin was issued Friday claiming that the riots [in the Middle East] are likely to come to the US and saying that DHS is looking for the Islamic leaders of these likely riots,” Afran tells Hedges. “It is my view that this is why the government wants to reopen the NDAA — so it has a tool to round up would-be Islamic protesters before they can launch any protest, violent or otherwise.
RT

Whether this is manufactured or genuine terrorism, they are planning for it to arrive and are beginning to condition us.

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 02:08 PM
link   
reply to post by seabag

And just who exactly are “they”

Seriously terrorism is a real threat, is it the job of the department of homeland security to maintain the national security of the United States that includes being pro-active in preventing terrorism. Part of that involves getting the public involved to alert authorities to possible threats as well as a vast number of other methods. As such the DHS announcing a new campaign to raise the public’s involvement in counterterrorism is not suspicious it’s just the DHS doing their job. This is not evidence of any false flag.

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 02:10 PM
link   
I hope not, if so
I hope they fail. Time only can tell,
if they succeed may they burn in hell.
edit on 17-9-2012 by popcornmafia because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 02:20 PM
link   

And just who exactly are “they”

Quite clearly “THEY” are the federal government. THEY know these attacks are coming. THEY have said so…..I quoted it above.

Seriously terrorism is a real threat, is it the job of the department of homeland security to maintain the national security of the United States that includes being pro-active in preventing terrorism. Part of that involves getting the public involved to alert authorities to possible threats as well as a vast number of other methods. As such the DHS announcing a new campaign to raise the public’s involvement in counterterrorism is not suspicious it’s just the DHS doing their job. This is not evidence of any false flag.

I know terrorism is a real threat, I’m just trying to identify the real terrorists.

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 02:25 PM
link   
reply to post by seabag

I agree that in some respects the federal government knows about possible terrorist plots in the pipe line. Where I think we will disagree is that I believe that they, the government, are trying to disrupt and prevent these plots planned by terrorist organisations.

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 02:30 PM
link   

I agree that in some respects the federal government knows about possible terrorist plots in the pipe line. Where I think we will disagree is that I believe that they, the government, are trying to disrupt and prevent these plots planned by terrorist organisations.

I’d like to believe that but the government is notorious for usurping and abusing authority.

NDAA is an atrocity….it is so intentionally broad that it can be applied to just about anyone who THEY deem a threat. That’s not freedom when you fear your government and I certainly don’t get the feeling they are looking out for my best interest.

Thanks for the input!

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 09:29 AM
link   
With all the uncertainty going on around the world and with the help of economical situation that most countries are involved in,it is not unlikely that eventually people are going to be fed up,and start riots,divisions and revolutions all around the world...but is there a way out of this? maybe,,the idea is, if you add fabricated terrorism to the scenario and spread fear and hatred towards certain groups,then supposedly most people unite against "terrorism" and put their real concerns aside, at least for a while...meanwhile the governments can profit from the fear and kaoas and at the same time enjoy the unity of their nations once again and delay the full collapse of their regimes for a little longer... This will definitely buy them some more time and make them some more money and result in dealing with less rough people to be concerned about,but for how long? could they always give us an advil to deal with the headache that has it's roots within our body and souls?!..We can only hope that they can then smart up a little and come up with real solutions to the real problems which are mostly man made and have their roots deep in pure selfishness and GREED...One thing is for sure and that's "big changes and bumpy roads are ahead"and no one is in a safe side ..they put us all in it together.. together we stand,,divided we fall..Peace.

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 09:38 AM
link   
reply to post by shapur

the idea is, if you add fabricated terrorism to the scenario and spread fear and hatred towards certain groups,then supposedly most people unite against "terrorism" and put their real concerns aside, at least for a while...meanwhile the governments can profit from the fear and kaoas and at the same time enjoy the unity of their nations once again and delay the full collapse of their regimes for a little longer... This will definitely buy them some more time and make them some more money and result in dealing with less rough people to be concerned about,but for how long?

And it will also give them the opportunity to get rid of certain groups within our society that know their agenda and are working to expose them for what they are. They have already identified the groups who they will target…..and it isn’t just Muslim extremists.

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 11:34 AM
link   
reply to post by seabag

They are already exposed...and i think it is been planned way in advanced...Politics are so complex yet so easy, just like the life itself.

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 11:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by shapur
reply to post by seabag

They are already exposed...and i think it is been planned way in advanced...Politics are so complex yet so easy, just like the life itself.

'Exposed' and 'stopped' are two different things though. The courts just gave Obama back his ability to detain Americans.

A lone appeals judge bowed down to the Obama administration late Monday and reauthorized the White House’s ability to indefinitely detain American citizens without charge or due process.

Last week, a federal judge ruled that an temporary injunction on section 1021 of the National Defense Authorization Act for Fiscal Year 2012 must be made permanent, essentially barring the White House from ever enforcing a clause in the NDAA that can let them put any US citizen behind bars indefinitely over mere allegations of terrorist associations. On Monday, the US Justice Department asked for an emergency stay on that order, and hours later US Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit Judge Raymond Lohier agreed to intervene and place a hold on the injunction.

The stay will remain in effect until at least September 28, when a three-judge appeals court panel is expected to begin addressing the issue.
RT

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 11:42 AM
link   

our Gov , the US, 9is always planing and having sting ops to catch or create them , depends how you look at it , if some one said to you here is money the tools and how to now go do it, would you?the ones that would, are the ones in the news, or fail too it is about that time we here of a failed attempt of using a SUV or say a missing semi full of AN,DF

edit on 19-9-2012 by bekod because: line edditing

top topics

<<   2 >>

join