It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bomb Scare At Louisiana State University

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 12:54 PM
link   

Bomb Scare At Louisiana State University

www.chicagotribune.com

The university said campus police were investigating a bomb threat and that students and faculty had "been asked to evacuate as calmly and quickly as possible."
(visit the link for the full news article)

Update at 1:44 p.m. ET: Thetowntalk.com reports that the threat was called into the East Baton Rouge Parish 911 office.

"We determined there was a need to evacuate the campus," said Associate Vice Chancellor Herb Vincent.

TheTownTalk.com says traffic on campus after the alert went out "resembled the end of a Saturday night football game.

Update at 1:26 p.m. ET: WAFB-TV reports that the order could affect tens of thousands of students at the university in Baton Rouge. The evacuation alert was sent at 11:32 a.m. CDT.
edit on 17-9-2012 by scottromansky because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 12:54 PM
link   
Whats going on the past few days with these threats?
Just a test?
False alarm?
False flag coming?

I wonder if this is just something to get us to not react when something like this happens and when an event actually does happen more people perish. If the fire alarm here at work goes off nobody moves, but if it was a real fire that isn't good, so therefore i think that's whats going on the past few days to get us to not pay attention till its too late.

www.chicagotribune.com
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 17-9-2012 by scottromansky because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 12:59 PM
link   
Sounds like someone doesnt want to take their mid terms. Calling in a bomb threat is so much easier than actually studying.

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 01:00 PM
link   
Me thinks someone is staging a dry run. I think it is a test for now. Unless it really is someone who has absolutely no life and gets their jollies off doing these things.

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 01:01 PM
link   
What happened to good old fashioned fire alarm pulling to get out of class.

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 01:01 PM
link   
reply to post by scottromansky

You also have to factor in, the random disgruntled student. The one who maybe flunked out, or feels they were treated unfairly by the University. Stressful times draw the nut jobs out of the woodpile.....

Des

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 01:02 PM
link   
reply to post by 369821

When i went to uni it was told to us that if the uni had a fire in the library at exam time that in theory we'd all get an automatic pass so if that place has a similar rule then i could imagine it would be cheaper and less effort than actually learning your subject

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 01:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Destinyone

Thats a lot of disgruntled students in a short amount of time doing bomb scares at universities, i think they are connected and is a plot for something bigger in the near future.

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 02:08 PM
link   
Lots of bomb threats at universities in the last week. Copycats? Students not wanting to take tests? Doubt it considering that school is only a few weeks in.
Something is going on. Not sure what yet.

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 02:17 PM
link   
reply to post by scottromansky

Too many CCDTV cameras these days
Mind you it's not much safer to call from a phone box either (perhaps a disposable cell?)

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 02:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Maxatoria
reply to post by 369821

When i went to uni it was told to us that if the uni had a fire in the library at exam time that in theory we'd all get an automatic pass so if that place has a similar rule then i could imagine it would be cheaper and less effort than actually learning your subject

Really? geeze they just rescedualed at my University.

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 05:32 PM
link   
The number 1 smoking gun on this whole bomb scares in the past few days, all the way down to the 2 planes at JFK airport being investigated. Where are the people who placed the calls, they had to have tracked the phone calls back to where they came from, the amount of detail that can be taken out of someone calling 911 these days are insane. Why hasn't anyone been taken in for questioning, arrested for false claim, nothing like this has happened in the past few days. If i make a phone call they know my location in seconds, and im brought in that day for questioning. Especially if most of them were "terrorist" related someone should have been caught by now.

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 05:38 PM
link   
Some inside info for you all.

I live in Baton Rouge, and most of you are aware that we were right in the middle of Isaac. With that being said, students did not have class for roughly three days of that week. It was announced that students will not be having a fall break this year because of the days missed - which caused A LOT of discontent among the students. You have to keep in mind that there are a lot of students that are not from Louisiana and plan on regularly scheduled breaks to visit family and what-not.

I wouldn't be surprised that it could have been retaliation by a disgruntled student.

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 07:07 PM
link   
So now this has happened at LSU, Texas, and North Dakota State wow seems like most are copy cats. I'm pretty sure the person who called in the threat I think at Texas said he was al-qaeda. When I heard it I knew it was just some crazy person because since when does al-qaeda tell you they are going to blow you up first?

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 04:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Noinden

Well it was over 15 years ago when I went to uni so in those days there was not as much internet access and e-books/tablets were well into the future so if there was no books it would of been a bigger hit than today, plus you only got the minimum score for the exam

new topics

top topics

join