It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How to truly understand others on the planet without judging

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 02:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by trysts
reply to post by Lichter daraus

Well, I guess I'll have to start watching the videos to see what it's all about. Though I do have some trepidation about them being about "souls". For me, "souls" plus 'don't judge', equals religion

yeah im going to check them out too. But to me "souls" don't say religion. i believe there are souls weather we have religion or not, the don't judge part i cant really say as i always here religious people and non religious throwing it out every where, while they are judging every one else for not having there same beliefs.

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 02:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by violet
reply to post by Bodhi911

Maybe somebody else can do the math on that. I could be wrong, but think about it.

I think it's perfectly normal to judge. You just shouldn't be insensitive to others feelings. However I cannot just turn a blind eye to somebody who I think was rotten by saying its ok they're just a baby and didn't understand. It's not ok and they are not babies.

My perspective on the math thing is that there are an infinite amount of souls, and some of us come to Earth, others go to other planets. There is not only Earth, there is not only humans, there is not only this dimension and there is not just one universe. Sounds very weird, I know.

I agree - you shouldnt turn a blind eye. We should all be the best person we can be, and part of that is trying to make others feel better about themselves, help them, and lift them up. But you cant prevent bad from existing, and people grow from being treated badly. Its part of this reality you know. We dont like it, but most of us dont really think about why good and bad exists and how we grow from both of them.

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 02:14 PM
link   
There are different ways to judge people. If someone is attempting to endanger your family or yourself, it is ok to judge them for this action and act appropriately to correct the situation. If someone is doing something that is going to endanger others and is doing so for personal gain, an appropriate action can be taken and this kind of judgement is allowed. Notice I said appropriate. To judge yourself as better than another person should not be done. If I have to kill an intruder who has a gun, I was not better than him, I just did what I had to. The intruder would be insane to break into my home, I have to judge him as insane or greedy not for being inferior.

I am smarter than most people as far as testing shows. I am no better than others for this gift I was given, I am happy I was given the intelligence to help others. Do the intelligent people need my help? No they don't. The common people need my help. Most of my life has been easy because of this gift. I tried to make it go away so I wouldn't feel superior to others and would fit in. That was not right either, hiding from my responsibility. I'm back now to except the challenge.

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 02:15 PM
link   

Those who are closer in touch with their soul do not do as you say although they may have a religion. But you must love even those who judge, those who are fanatics, and those who offend you because it is through love that those type of people come back to the truth. As Jesus said "love also thine enemies" because what soul has been saved through ridicule?

Peace to you

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 02:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by CosmicEgg

I do agree that judgment is counterproductive as it shuns the very contact we need to assist in our growth and knowledge. This was one of the things I "objected to" in his early statements there in the first video: the concept that going to university and becoming a valued member of your profession is somehow a determining factor in your soul's age. If that were true... well, it's just not. All the über-wealthy go to university and really, how many of them are mature/old souls who do great things for humanity? How many bankers with university degrees go and do really good things with their profits? Doctors? Lawyers? Come on. Making money is a pretty poor measure of soul age.

I didnt agree with that part of the video either, personally. Money, education or status are not factors in soul growth for me.

Nobody will be perfect however, and there are many things in these videos that I really liked as well.

edit on 17-9-2012 by Bodhi911 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 02:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by backcase

Those who are closer in touch with their soul do not do as you say although they may have a religion. But you must love even those who judge, those who are fanatics, and those who offend you because it is through love that those type of people come back to the truth. As Jesus said "love also thine enemies" because what soul has been saved through ridicule?

Peace to you

Well, i cant disagree with you because...well...i agree. i was just pointing out that there are a lot that say don't judge others while they them selves are judging others. Me personally i love all my brothers and sisters.

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 02:30 PM
link   
reply to post by backcase

I can try to understand my enemy but if they are intentionally trying to hurt me or my family, I will not oblige. I will defend my family if they are in the right by any and all means. If the reason is because I unknowingly broke a law of my country I will not argue except in court. I have no reason to disregard the laws or police force of this country. I respect the judicial system of the country even though there are a few that abuse their power.

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 02:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by rickymouse

I can try to understand my enemy but if they are intentionally trying to hurt me or my family, I will not oblige. I will defend my family if they are in the right by any and all means. If the reason is because I unknowingly broke a law of my country I will not argue except in court. I have no reason to disregard the laws or police force of this country. I respect the judicial system of the country even though there are a few that abuse their power.

I think you can love thine enemy while teaching them a lesson too.
edit on 07/16/2009 by Lichter daraus because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 02:40 PM
link   

I suppose

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 02:48 PM
link   
I just watched all seven and I actually kind of enjoyed them. I totally don't believe in reincarnation but I do believe that I may have discovered a pretty effective (and inexpensive) video doc format that we can use in the near future. Thanks for the thread. It was worth spending the afternoon with that series.

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 03:19 PM
link   

Oh I wasn't being sarcastic. I probably didn't get my point across in a well written way because I feel like I'm falling asleep.

I just finished the 6th video, starting on the 7th.

My goal in life is not to come back here

Thus my interest in re-incarnation and why we reincarnate. My life is not bad at all either, it's rather pretty good compared to many others but I still wouldn't really want to come back here, but in a way i still do since it sure is fun here sometimes, although it does get really boring. Everything is really boring honestly. I'm at the point where I only do things to see if I can do it, or to help someone else out / so they can learn a lesson too.

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 03:41 PM
link   
reply to post by rickymouse

Those who purposely cause harm out of malicious intent harm their souls, and you should love those who do so. It seems to me that you are feeling guilt, which you may or may not be,or that you feel offended. Just remember that all people are only people and if you deserve forgiveness also your enemies need it. Grudges are weight which hold down your spirit. I remember reading the words "reject every thought which isn't love". It feels well to love because you can only get what you give.

If you receive a slap in response to your kiss, know that God repays for persecution.

Peace to you, open your heart and love without attachment or sentiment, that is holiness and faith.

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 03:44 PM
link   

It remains impossible not to judge but we must work to judge correctly. Saint Paul said "the spiritual person judges all but is rightly judged by no one.

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 04:24 PM
link   

I don't feel guilt and am not offended. I am not worried about what will come. I am prepared in case something happens and that gives me peace of mind. Part of that preparedness is to understand that I may someday have to kill someone that endangers my family. None of this is a problem. I trust in god to steer evil away if possible. I trust in my guardian angel to help me with life.

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 04:27 PM
link   

That is not what Jesus says in anything I have read. Maybe he was misinterpreting things. Maybe it was added by those who wanted to gain power in the church.

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 04:53 PM
link   
reply to post by rickymouse

The last quote I put was about rejecting non loving thoughts, and I did not say that Jesus said that, I read a lot of things. Either way, it benefits you not to hate, not to plan your sins, although I understand that you fear harm to those you love. Remember that Jesus heal the servant of His executioner in the garden of olives, and He told Peter that those who take the sword die by it. I understand your want to defend your family but always remember how in the our Father prayer we say "thy will be done". Another relevant gospel quote I like is "Fear not those who can harm the body, but do no harm to the soul, rather fear Him Who, after your death, can condemn you to hell"

I do not mean ill intent to you I understand but be at peace know that the souls of your family are saved

Peace again

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 05:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by trysts

I didn't watch the videos, Bodhi911, but I do want to ask, what is wrong with judging people? Judgments are made every day of our existence. We judge whether we like this person or that person. I don't see where judging people should be negated?

Agreed. And this is just another episode on the idea of 'Try Not To Be Human'. Don't hate. Don't be depressed. Don't be a pessimist. And now, Don't judge.

This is what humans do. Sure, there are ignorant people that judge people for being a different color, or judge women to be less equal to men, but this allows rational people to judge the ignorant ones as plain stupid. But there are important things to judge in this world. If you judge your neighbor to be dangerous and potentially violent - this is a healthy warning sign. Don't ignore it.

If you don't judge terrorism and terrorists to be bad, then you aren't human.

Judging - good. Keeping your head in the sand - bad.

edit on 9/17/2012 by jiggerj because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 05:04 PM
link   

I don't like fighting, I don't like violence. If I have to fight I will but I will try to talk my way out of it first. Most time violence can be stemmed by using different tactics. Jesus never meant us to die because of some deranged individuals want power over us. Sometimes god works through us to take care of things. Didn't Moses sicken a lot of people by throwing molten gold into water and make the people drink it? Didn't he have the Levitites kill these sickened people because of their disrespect of god? I am only going to protect my family if needed, nothing else.

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 05:05 PM
link   

I'm not a religious person but i am a spiritual person, and i love your posts in this thread, they make sense to me.

thank you.

Peace

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 05:15 PM
link   
reply to post by jiggerj

There are a lot of people who judge others for being overweight. That has been going on since I was a kid. Judging is sometimes an insecurity problem. Make others appear bad so you look better.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join