It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How to truly understand others on the planet without judging

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 11:44 AM
link   
These videos are, in my opinion, very helpful for understanding different kind of people and why they act the way they do. The author talks about soul ages, and I was fashinated with how accurate it all is (in my perception, naturally).

So take a minute and listen to some of these. I have used them for three things:

1) Understand my own soul age.
2) Understand other people and why they act the way they do so I dont judge them for it.
3) Understand why the world looks the way it does, with much competition over material things and power.

Yes, lots of videos, so if you dont want to watch them all, I would watch "Young souls" and "Old souls" to get a feel for all of it.

I truly hope some people will enjoy these as much as I did.

edit on 17-9-2012 by Bodhi911 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 11:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Bodhi911

I didn't watch the videos, Bodhi911, but I do want to ask, what is wrong with judging people? Judgments are made every day of our existence. We judge whether we like this person or that person. I don't see where judging people should be negated?

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 12:13 PM
link   
Reply to post by trysts

i didnt watch the vids yet either, but i think its more how and what you judge. just my opinon.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 12:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by trysts

I didn't watch the videos, Bodhi911, but I do want to ask, what is wrong with judging people? Judgments are made every day of our existence. We judge whether we like this person or that person. I don't see where judging people should be negated?

Because by not judging them and disqualifying them from being a part in your life, you are actually missing out on learning so much about how to handle that personality. And learning that will save you so much anger, frustration and sadness, specially when you are forced to work with someone you dont really want to!

I have learned that the more people you get along with, the easier your life become. Its often the behavior of other people which frustrates us, and its not possible in life to just avoid everybody you dont like. And its certainly not possible to make them change if they are one of the soul groups who dont see anything wrong with how they act.

So you have to change and learn how to handle their personality with a smile and with an understanding that they are not out to get you - they are just different with a different perception of themselves, their goals and their ambitions.

Hope that makes sense.

P.S. Think about someone in your life you have a hard time with... we all have them.... and how it would benefit you to understand that persons actions and feelings to the degree that you simply smile whenever they are being arrogant or selfish.
Because you just "get it". Why they do it. D.S.

edit on 17-9-2012 by Bodhi911 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 12:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Lichter daraus

Well, I guess I'll have to start watching the videos to see what it's all about. Though I do have some trepidation about them being about "souls". For me, "souls" plus 'don't judge', equals religion

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 12:26 PM
link   

reply to post by Lichter daraus

Well, I guess I'll have to start watching the videos to see what it's all about. Though I do have some trepidation about them being about "souls". For me, "souls" plus 'don't judge', equals religion

These are not religious, they just make sense to me.

Thanks for watching them and I hope you get something from it, weather you agree or disagree with their content.

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 12:30 PM
link   

That's understandable, Bodhi911. I'll see if the videos grab me

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 12:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bodhi911
So you have to change and learn how to handle their personality with a smile and with an understanding that they are not out to get you - they are just different with a different perception of themselves, their goals and their ambitions.

Well said.

An interesting thought experiment is to imagine that maybe some people only need to discover one truth during their life in order to succeed in every possible way.
But what is the easiest way for that truth to be targeted? Well, maybe to make that person basically fail in every aspect besides the one he needs to strive for. So we could judge.... but why?

When you smile, like you said, and are thankful for the interaction. The truth is there, unquantified yet obvious.

Thanks for the vids, I'm gonna see what they are all about a bit later today.

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 12:40 PM
link   
Wow, perfect timing checking the boards now. I was thinking on the way home today; if we all have a soul what makes us differ so much. I had questions like: can the body change the soul? and Can the soul 'learn' from the body? This is very interesting and should answer some questions.

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 12:43 PM
link   

It sounds like an interesting presentaiton so 1 shall take a look Bodhi911

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 12:49 PM
link   
You should have mentioned this theory is based on the belief in reincarnation.

The first video starts off saying how one sibling can go off the rails and get into drugs, even though the other siblings didn't adapt this drug lifestyle and were all raised in the same household.

Drug addicts caused by reincarnation?
That's the worst excuse I've ever heard.

There is nothing that proves reincarnation is real. It's just another silly idea concocted to go around excusing bad behaviour. Best to ask yourself who would want me to act bad and tell me that's ok cause I get to live again.

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 01:02 PM
link   

At the end of the first video, the narrator says that 'you're probably asking one of three questions'. Actually my question wasn't one of the three. My question, which I always ask due to having a philosophy professor who made us ask this, was; how do you know?
I can't really follow these videos, because there are too many presumptions, and bizarre ideas for me, but thanks anyway, Bodhi911

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 01:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by violet
Drug addicts caused by reincarnation?
That's the worst excuse I've ever heard.

There is nothing that proves reincarnation is real. It's just another silly idea concocted to go around excusing bad behaviour. Best to ask yourself who would want me to act bad and tell me that's ok cause I get to live again.

Reincarnation seems perfectly natural to me from the perspective that we come here to grow as souls from human experiences.

But I do understand your perspective as well. If I felt that reincarnation was concocted to excuse bad behavior, I would absolutely reject the entire idea as just a bad excuse for not taking any responsibility for your actions.

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 01:34 PM
link   
Oh this is excellent.

I've been thinking about this stuff lately a lot.

It's a good way to explain away why we have all this negativity on the planet, or why children have to die so young etc.

Someone who was born with a small brain tumor died here two weeks ago at the age of 26. It was probably his 'soul plan' and most likely taught a lesson to everyone affected, especially the parents.

Reincarnation was always an interesting subject.

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 01:38 PM
link   

At the end of the first video, the narrator says that 'you're probably asking one of three questions'. Actually my question wasn't one of the three. My question, which I always ask due to having a philosophy professor who made us ask this, was; how do you know?
I can't really follow these videos, because there are too many presumptions, and bizarre ideas for me, but thanks anyway, Bodhi911

This is where the soul comes in I think. Because how can you prove any of this is real? To me, it just makes sense on a deep level. Its accurate with what I have observed in people around me, and how my own personality have changed over the years. Its like a knowing or a recognition of basic truths that are part of me.

If I didnt have that, I wouldnt believe any of this because I would need rational evidence to believe it.

I have asked myself how teachers such as Alan Watts or Eckhart Tolle knows what they do. Nobody tought them to spend a life trying to convince people of the things they speak of. Why do they do it? Why are they different compared to the majority of people?

I believe the answer is that they simply know things and they trust themselves. Their mindset comes from knowing, not learning from someone else.

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 01:51 PM
link   

Peace to you and your will to spread love, light, and openness. To share what I believe helps not to judge, would be to see any other person as yourself. Know that all people go through trials and we all share tough experiences. We all share experience and solitude in this life and our souls are all imprisoned. Think of anybody else as being in the same situation as you, and that you must do your duty to raise their spirit even if it is only to say or think a small prayer for them. To some any of this up I would use Jesus' words which say "Love your neighbor as I have loved you". We are all imprisoned in these bodies and love only will get our spirits up and out.

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 01:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by LOLZebra
Oh this is excellent.

I've been thinking about this stuff lately a lot.

It's a good way to explain away why we have all this negativity on the planet, or why children have to die so young etc.

Someone who was born with a small brain tumor died here two weeks ago at the age of 26. It was probably his 'soul plan' and most likely taught a lesson to everyone affected, especially the parents.

Reincarnation was always an interesting subject.

Sarcasm - one of my favorite traits actually because its witty and intelligent. Thanks for that.

I tend to view our lives here as an experience. We come into physical bodies when we are born, and we leave them when we die. Your soul can evolve much more under difficult situations than under easy ones, because difficulties always force you to change and accept things you would never, ever do otherwise.

Misery is an excellent motivator for change, and you grow on a soul level from changing and learning things. Life often gives you experiences that at first seems so unfair, but you can see their purpose later in life because how how they changed you.

I dont know how this 26 year old changed the people around him. Perhaps his parents learned to appriciate being healthy, or not take every day for granted. Things like these change people. They do have a purpose, even though they are very sad from our perspective.

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 01:56 PM
link   

Im just no convinced we are here for lessons.

I'm no math whiz but I can sort of estimate this makes no sense. If we are at 7 billion people on the planet right now, and going with this idea we all lived here as humans ( not insects or animaks) before, then who's body did we inhabit in previous lives? Where did these souls originate? How did a few thousand or less become 7 billion? Civilization would have to have begun at this figure, never increasing, yet the population is always growing, it just makes no sense. Unless the suggestion is souls are being spliced and reproduced that way. That only happens in the plant kingdom as far I know.
Are the statistics of births and deaths in sync?

Maybe somebody else can do the math on that. I could be wrong, but think about it.

I think it's perfectly normal to judge. You just shouldn't be insensitive to others feelings. However I cannot just turn a blind eye to somebody who I think was rotten by saying its ok they're just a baby and didn't understand. It's not ok and they are not babies.

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 01:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by backcase

Peace to you and your will to spread love, light, and openness. To share what I believe helps not to judge, would be to see any other person as yourself.

We are all different aspects of the same conciousness, and I do see myself in other people

Thanks for being encouraging.

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 02:00 PM
link   
I started watching the first video but found it to be simply a regurgitation of all the New Age stuff I've heard and felt annoyance over for some years now. I free form meditate quite a lot and have found this sort of classification system to be ... well, it's not how I see it. It's not a judgment per se, it's more of an experiential perspective vs a spoon-fed one.

I do agree that judgment is counterproductive as it shuns the very contact we need to assist in our growth and knowledge. This was one of the things I "objected to" in his early statements there in the first video: the concept that going to university and becoming a valued member of your profession is somehow a determining factor in your soul's age. If that were true... well, it's just not. All the über-wealthy go to university and really, how many of them are mature/old souls who do great things for humanity? How many bankers with university degrees go and do really good things with their profits? Doctors? Lawyers? Come on. Making money is a pretty poor measure of soul age.

On the other hand, I feel that living a very challenging life (as a junkie or other social "failure") can actually be where the most soul growth is done. They aren't failures. They're learning lessons the hardest way possible. Dying in infancy of starvation and/or neglect is a hard way too, but not necessarily indicative of soul age. Isn't it easier to be born wealthy and "above" the rest of us? Surely to have all the niceties of life has it's challenges too, but finding a place to sleep while your body is ravaged by god-only-knows-what has to be tougher.

Find more compassion in this concept than this guy outlines. Naturally, I'm making the assumption that he was following the same old tired lines of thought of other New Agers. Please do tell me if I'm wrong.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join