It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The "I voted for Kodos" Strategy

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 11:44 AM
link   

Is it just me or does it seem like both major party candidates are doing their level best to throw the election this year?

Romney says corporations are people and the middle class makes $200-250 thousand a year while Obama keeps campaigning while a hurricane destroys New Orleans again and the Middle East explodes into anti-American violence and then he apologizes to the folks who killed our diplomat. :shk:

I'm not the only one who's noticed this.

Obama and Romney Both Trying to Lose the Presidency

It’s almost like President Barack Obama and GOP candidate Mitt Romney are trying to screw themselves out of the presidency. Both are guilty of so many egregious slip-ups and oversights, it’s kind of frightening. Apparently, they’re both doing their best to throw the race, but for now neither has out-erred the other.

We’ve still got three months until election day, so there will be plenty of time for one of the candidates to really botch things up. We’re just waiting to see who can mess up the biggest.

The New Mic

Is it possible that neither one really wants to win? Are they both trying to throw the election so their party can point their finger at the winner and blame him for all of the country's problems in the next four years? It sure looks like it to me.

Over the next four years, the next president will have to deal with our impossible debt through either massive taxation, hurtful spending cuts or take on the banks and wipe out everyone's debt; A sure fire way to attract an assassin's bullet in this country. He has numerous wars and anti-American violence breaking out everywhere for an already war-weary nation to slug through. Absolutely nothing is pointing toward a pleasant presidency for whoever wins.

No matter who wins, the country is going to end up hating them after a very short period of time and the parties may be vying for the position of being able to say "don't look at me, I voted for the other guy".

Is this the strategy both parties are pursuing; trying to out gaffe each other in an effort to force the other guy to have to take responsibility for the decline of America over the next four years?

It sure would explain their dismal campaign performances this time around.

edit on 9/17/12 by FortAnthem because:
_________ extra DIV

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 11:57 AM
link   
More likely, they already know who has been appointed to win, so are just going through the motions for the sake of the show.

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 12:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by incoserv
More likely, they already know who has been appointed to win, so are just going through the motions for the sake of the show.

Another good possibility; maybe they know that the winner has already been selected by the establishment and feel no need to "set their hair on fire" to fight for a position which has already been decided.

Maybe they aren't that enthusiastic to be the nation's sacrificial scapegoat for the next four years and can't get too worked up over fighting for what I would consider the worst job on the planet.

What kind of idiot would want that job anyway, especially knowing the problems they will be facing?

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 12:06 PM
link   
I'm flagging this simply because of your tag line.

Hilarious.

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 03:11 PM
link   
You bring up an interesting point. Perhaps they both know something we don't?

I have been thinking about this lately and i wonder if the whole 2012 thing has something to do with it?

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 09:12 PM
link   
reply to post by redbarron626

That could be it too. Maybe they both know it doesn't matter who wins because the world will end or change in some big way that will make the presidency irrelevant.

Still, I have to wonder about the sanity of anyone who would run for that office even in good times. Running with the world in the state it is now in is pure MADNESS!

They've either got to be incredibly deluded, blinded by their ambition and egos, completely stupid or are being blackmailed into running for that horrible office. I can't believe anyone in their right mind would want that job right now.

Then again, they could both be evil aliens who intend to eat us all.

top topics

join