It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Androids are coming

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 05:30 AM
link   
I appreciate your interest, but please keep it civil, please, no sex bot discussion if it´s possible. Many thanks in advance

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 05:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by StareDad

Giggity.

Also excellent thread

edit on 23/9/12 by blupblup because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 03:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by DermotMcDerp
reply to post by yuppa

Ballistics testing would also be a field to use them in too.

Are the robots made of human like tissue? I don't think so.

The fact that they can mimic human expression has nothing to do with their ability to mimic human tissue.

They are not built like us you know.

edit, my bad the poster was talking about real flesh and blood, but still not likely.
edit on 22-9-2012 by DermotMcDerp because: (no reason given)

You didnt read the poster before me did you? If they do design robots with blood and tissues you Could use them for testing because they would be a more realistic analogue to humans than a pig or gel. Or mayby i would like to see a robot that can bleed being ripped apart by 50 caliber rounds. Oh and if they would include routines in the robots to mimic pain and things like begging for its artificial life that would be a bonus.
edit on 23-9-2012 by yuppa because: Edited to add gory details for nice visual in the readers minds.

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 03:23 PM
link   

The important thing is Asimov, I think.

The point of I, Robot was that the Three Laws (four if you count the Zeroeth Law) can be interpreted where the robots have to enslave, or exterminate humanity to prevent harm. People always talk about Azimov's Laws of Robotics without truly understanding some of the implications of them and where they could lead to.

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 11:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Zaphod58

I never watched I robot :-/
You come with an interesting remark

Now that you say it, it makes sense.
(robots enslaving us because of interpretation of Asimov)
edit on 24-9-2012 by StareDad because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 11:39 AM
link   
reply to post by yuppa

Why put the effort into robots with human flesh just to blow them up? This is really insane.

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 01:33 PM
link   
reply to post by StareDad

Read the book. The movie did a good job, but the book was better.

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 02:05 PM
link   

reply to post by yuppa

Why put the effort into robots with human flesh just to blow them up? This is really insane.

Because it could be done. Hollywood would literally make a killing on saving special effects for certain movies. SInce robots would have no rights it would not be considered killing a sentient being.

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 02:24 PM
link   
reply to post by yuppa

This explain why the Gods of old were guilty of so much genocide. So we create some form of lifeform just to brutally destroy it in the name of entertainment. Maybe the idea of the God of the bible is not so far fetched and we are mere puppets and robots toa higher lifeform. We obviously would do the same thing if we created a new form of life.

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 02:29 PM
link   
Watch "Chobits", anime series. Very good. Japan is always many steps ahead in regards to the technology and it's impact on the world.

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 02:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Zaphod58

In my long lifetime (2.5 decades), I learned that the book is always better, because its the origin. Lord of the Rings was a fantasy destroyer. 100s of pages overjumped from one scene to another. Thanks for the hint I will give it a try

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 10:40 AM
link   
I was thinking about planets like Mars where android could colonize the planets for us and do the dirty job like gather resources, build factories or housing and perhaps terraform if possible with a backup plan in case some android did not "behave" like what it is intended.

Another thing perhaps human could evolve into cyborg to live on those planets, why make it adaptable to human when human can be "made" to adapt to it instead?

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 04:03 PM
link   
This needs to be mentioned on this thread:

Blade Runner/Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep is becoming reality.

Bring on the Voigt-Kampf Tests!

top topics

<< 1   >>

join