It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Maryland Residents Are Sick of Being Spied On And Are Tearing Down Police Cameras

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 07:49 PM
link   
taxpayers destroying things their own money helped buy lol
y not just buy some black spray paint and spray out the lens?

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 07:51 PM
link   
As a born Marylander, I have to say that I hope they tare every government owned camera down and destroy them. Traffic cameras, speeding cameras, red light cameras and surveillance cameras.

To bad we can get rid of the eyes in the sky's.....

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 07:55 PM
link   
is it a crime to want the constitution to be followed?

sorry but no government entity has a right to spy and track people for no good reason in public land

its amazing how far we have lost ourselves

the guys ripping these down are akin to the boston tea party

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 07:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Pervius
Destroying others property is bad. Why don't they take a greener and less illegal tactic and use paintball guns to obstruct the cameras?

What would be illegal about that? Would it merely be a littering charge? Drastically less of a charge than what those poor souls of Maryland are doing now.

destroying the constitution is worse

destroying the life , liberty, and pursuit of happiness is bad

the right for people to be secure in their own papers and property is not just a right..its natural LAW

and cameras like this are infringing on natural law that every rational freedom loving person expects in 2012

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 08:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by ArtOfTrance

Because destroying the expensive cameras seems like more fun.

Suck those budgets dry!

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 08:16 PM
link   
We had lots of speed cams in Arizona a couple of years ago. We were told that they only clicked speeders. Then, it became known that was a lie. A bald-faced lie. The cameras were sending pics of the license plate and driver of EVERY car that went by to a master database – speeding or not. They were monitoring everybody who came and went from downtown Phoenix. Then the s*** hit the fan. Some of it playful, like Santa Clauses putting present boxes over the cameras. Some destructive of the cameras. It was when an employee of the contractor that maintained the cameras was shot that the governor and legislature got the message. The cameras, most of 'em at least, came down. Now only a few isolated towns still use them.

Please don't construe that I advocate violence. Quite the opposite. I only point out the extremes that can result.
edit on 17-9-2012 by Detergent because: add second paragraph

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 08:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Corruption Exposed

Well one reason why speed cameras are stupid.....in my old hometown of Baltimore MD kids were printing out license plate numbers of people they were upset with, putting them on their vehicles and running through Easy Pass....and red lights framing people.

www.thenewspaper.com...

Botttom line whether the government recognizes it or not, I'm a free individual.....I'm not a slave, I'm not a child...I'm glad other individuals are destroying them...I hope it catches on.

edit on 17-9-2012 by kat2684 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 08:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by MDDoxs
In my opinion this level of surveillance and interconnectivity is inevitable.

Technological advancement not only for the purpose of crime prevention and surveillance will utilize these type of networks, but personal devices as well.

Tit-4-tat.

They want to surveil us 24/7, they should get ready for the same. And then some. I want their ID's. I want their address, bank acct numbers, family size, family member names, pets and hobbies. I want these f* a* to bend over and spread 'em anytime they offend a member of the public.

It's a forgone conclusion that a lot of us are gonna buy it. It's also a forgone conclusion that there are a lot more of us than them. The holocaust happened to people just like us. Are you going to willingly participate in holocaust part two?

www.blinkx.com...

edit on 17-9-2012 by jcarpenter because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 08:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by DarthMuerte
reply to post by DrumsRfun

The speed cameras are not about public safety. In many instances, they have made some intersections more dangerous. This is all about revenue generation and surveillance of the populace. Tear them down.

Some cities decided to remove the cameras themselves after the state legislature passed a law forbidding the police departments shortening of the yellow light interval. The shortened yellow meant more tickets but also caused many more rear end accidents when drivers learned that they either had to slam on their brakes or face an expensive ticket. After the yellow intervals were set to state standards the police decided to remove them because it was costing more to maintain them that they were providing in revenue from tickets; thus completely dispelling any notion that they were ever about increased safety instead of money from increased fines.

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 08:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by ArtOfTrance

It's one thing to destroy something you willingly bought...its a completely other thing to destroy something someone bought with money they stole from you...
edit on 17-9-2012 by Sly1one because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 08:46 PM
link   
i have to wonder how many of the angered people are prone to committing crime or just paranoid because personally i don't care if i'm surveilled, i'm not doing anything wrong and in fact who among you crying about the cameras wouldn't be the first to want to see the recordings if, God Forbid, a loved one or family member was hurt or worse? it's also preventative, if someone about to do something illegal then spots a nest of high deff cam's pointed right at you, you think they're going to continue? anyway.. if you're legit why does it really bother you?

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 09:02 PM
link   

I'm glad they are doing something about it.Just wish they would have used a calmer method.
second line.

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 09:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Legion2024
Only those that are in to crime are having the issues. Don't do crime. Btw it is a criminal act in destroying these camera's so that speaks for it self. Nothing but common criminals that are destroying the camera's, and the tax payer will have to pay to replace them. On ya Boys

Hmm, what about the 30,000 dollars in my taxes that are used to buy these things to begin with?
I do not agree to that either.

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 09:23 PM
link   

I can just see this issue 2 months from now.

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 09:48 PM
link   
Useless, cameras in plain sight are not what people need to worry about.

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 10:05 PM
link   
They used to have speed cameras where I live. It became a political issue and voila no more cameras, sold them all to Maryland.....haha!
brice

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 10:21 PM
link   
reply to post by n3mesis

You are so nieve it's adorable

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 10:25 PM
link   
One Nation, under surveillance...

In California "we" have recently re-repealed the laws so they are re-reinstalling them again. To everyones chagrin I am sure.

Rear end collisions go up when these thinfs are active. So who cares about that? Not the government. Your spinal injuries aren't their concern. Just your dollars.

This game they play with everyones life is insane. They are trying to improve safety but in fact reduce it when they make people nervous just as the light changes. Short duration yellows are another aspect of litigation that increases court costs. So is destruction of property. Thats why they outlawed them in the first place. The cost of repairing them outweighed the income.

www.thenewspaper.com...

Over the course of a month, nearly one-fifth of New York City's red light camera system were taken out of service by a man and a woman who allegedly used a cherry-picker to snatch the cameras out of their protective housing. According to the New York Post, the suspects snatched twenty-two of the 12-megapixel Nikon D2X cameras, worth $4000 each. According to police, thirteen of them were sold to a local camera shop for $300 each.

edit on 17-9-2012 by intrptr because: link

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 10:30 PM
link   
reply to post by goochball

I'm good with 99% surveillance the only rooms are bedrooms and toilets and bathing rooms, the rest i could not care if i was under 99% surveillance. I don't do crime and i have 99% nothing to hide apart from you know bedroom stuff.

only because the wife wont allow it
j/k
edit on 17-9-2012 by Legion2024 because: Just because

edit on 17-9-2012 by Legion2024 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 10:37 PM
link   

Ok.... So once they destroy the camera's that watch the other camera's they will need camera's to watch the camera's that watch the camera's. And then when they destroy the camera's that watch the camera's that watch the camera's, they will need new camera's that watch the camera's that watch the camera's that watch the camera's...

And now a message from our sponsor.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join