It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I was wrong about my ideologies. You might be as well.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 10:43 AM
link   
I was wrong about many things thus far. I was always convinced of the illegitimacy of power.

I thought being against "evil" as enough to be a productive person. I thought all I wanted was to do good. I have found out that what I really want to do is help people.

I see all the same type of people who spew another flavor of hatred in the name of "good". The type of people that say the American government is evil and is out to get us. I see the same type of people blindly call you brainwashed or sheeple go off without even knowing you.

They have made up in their minds that everyone that is not like them is their enemy and have grouped them into a generic "blind patriot".

I will not sit here and say that my government is the greatest thing on earth. No. I will say that it certainly is not the worst. I don't really care if they are perfect or not.

We feed millions of our citizens and educate them daily. That is kind of cool. We have electricity and running water. We have adequate entertainment and more than enough offered in terms of social mobility. If you really want you can do well. You might have to be some ones bitch for a while, whether that is your customers or your slimy boss, but if you save your money and work hard you can one day provide yourself with the security in life to focus on more altruistic ends.

You will throw in the "they make war" card. I don't care. We make war because the worlds wealthy ask us to fight on their behalf. We are the worlds hessians. You know what we get out of it?

We get hardened and battle ready troops and say what you will, a territory as big as ours demands it. We get a flow of big money to our shores and on top of that we get to have more of a say than Italy or France or any country you choose.

If it was not us it would be Russia or china or the next big guy. We do what we do, and I don't care if it Wright or wrong. It is what it is. Life is not the perfect little dream you want it to be.

I understand that you are passionate about what motivates you to go against the grain, but really you are just being petty. If you were offered the world you would take it and try to make it into your little utopia you think it should be. If people said no to you as a leader and asked you to restore the old US government you would refuse and proceed to eliminate them. You might be worse than the last guy because at least you are still around to be their antithesis.

You can point out all the things that are wrong with our country and say they are intolerable. Yet you don't leave.
You shouldn't leave your home but if it is not to your liking then move away. Don't buy an Xbox, a new car, dumb glasses clothing, ect. Save your dough and leave.

You will be going to another version of the same evils you left our country for, just in another language.

Basically you can say what you will, but I will ask:

Have you considered the good things your country does? DO you even appreciate the positive aspects of the country, or is it all bile fueled rage you vent on your fellow citizens when they disagree?

Who is the enemy then? Can you identify him? or is it just everyone who doesn't think like you.

for example if you are anti war, are you then against everyone that supports it just because they think it is necessary? In that situation, would you call them brain washed and dismiss their points as lies without checking first? If they say they do not want to kill innocent people but simply serve in the military because that is what they really want to do, would you call them dumb animals just because they chose a profession you do not like?

beyond that one example, for all the world love you preach and peace, why do you then deny it from those who do not agree with you?

/tangent
I made this thread because I was on the other side of the isht storm of a raging fool who called me all sorts of things just because he didn't appreciate my way of thought. Yet he was preaching some BS message of love and peace. Calling my government evil while over looking all others. He then said things like people like me are the reason why governments get away with so much.

I think it was he that is to blame for that. Another useful idiot that chooses to divide himself from his fellow man because of some hype paranoia he took to heart and now feels superior for thinking he is the best person on earth and everyone else is brainwashed.

Oh enlightened hippie morons, please show me the way. How do I buy into social programming and never find cohesion with my people. How do I too avoid working the problem and instead just bitch about it all in an effort to feel better about how much I don't care about the things that don't affect me. Please show me the way.......

/end tangent

So if you can, let yourself grow. Don't get stuck in your circle logic and see the world with new eyes every day. Question everything, and most importantly yourself. Never convince yourself of anything. You will only avoid growing beyond your preconceptions. If it has all the answers it is a lie. The world would be in the same situation it is in now if it was the way you wanted. It would still be run by humans.

BE free. Don't label yourself left right or anti.

BE yourself and let others do so as well.

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 10:55 AM
link   
So you accept war, aslong as you get money and a nice house etc.?

This is the type of ignorance that lets the tptb get away with causing so much misery and destruction.

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 11:01 AM
link   
Every country has good things and bad things, unfortunately the media mostly focuses on the bad things when reporting, and as a result, I mostly hear bad things coming out of the USA. I know this isn't the truth as I have family there. The problem is, is that governments are run by humans and we are fallible. The people usually in charge have not or can not remember what it is like to struggle to live. They lose their memory as soon as they are given power. As much as I don't like the US government, I respect and admire the American people(the nice ones anyways).

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 11:28 AM
link   
reply to post by lewman

you do as well. You on a computer in a structure of some sort with running water and heating and such.

You may not know it, but you are rich if you go by the worlds standard.

They are poorer for you to be richer, and our wars make it possible.

Move to Africa if you want to be guilt free....

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 11:33 AM
link   
reply to post by BIHOTZ

I could still have running water, without my nation being at war. It's not the little guy who profits from such events, aslong as you dont abuse resources.

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 11:37 AM
link   
I like your message on acknowledging the existing division, because it really will result in the end of conflict.
I think that is pretty much spot on.
Although.... seeing as I feel that you are okay with war, I will demonstrate why I think that is.

When you comment on your experiences in this way:

Originally posted by BIHOTZ
I think it was he that is to blame for that. Another useful idiot that chooses to divide himself from his fellow man because of some hype paranoia he took to heart and now feels superior for thinking he is the best person on earth and everyone else is brainwashed.

It results in this:

We make war because the worlds wealthy ask us to fight on their behalf. We are the worlds hessians. You know what we get out of it?
We get hardened and battle ready troops and say what you will, a territory as big as ours demands it. We get a flow of big money to our shores and on top of that we get to have more of a say than Italy or France or any country you choose.

Change the first quote, and the second will shape itself accordingly.
My 2c.
edit on 17-9-2012 by adrift because: spelling

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 11:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by lewman
So you accept war, aslong as you get money and a nice house etc.?

This is the type of ignorance that lets the tptb get away with causing so much misery and destruction.

Yes, and he also doesn't care whether his government is right or wrong. What a brilliant guy...

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 11:46 AM
link   
reply to post by lewman

too bad it doesn't work that way. Too bad that living in one of the rich countries comes with a price. The west is not able to be wasteful by resource management.

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 11:51 AM
link   
reply to post by trysts

what should I do, resign myself to sitting in parks and in front of buildings and being a prick to people not in line with my way of thinking....

I do not think my government is god's gift to the world. That said most have their problems. I am actually very critical of my government and the power elite. That does not mean I am going to be a simpleton about it and say everyone like me is correct or everyone like them is wrong. That is just dumb.

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 11:55 AM
link   
reply to post by adrift

well, I am not OK with war.

I love history and I have not found a single time EVER where it did not exist. It is part of human nature, ugly us.

Truth is I don't like chit chat, cats, gossip, dirty looks, and many other things. I will not take a position against them though just because of it. I am not against them. They too have positive attributes.

I think we should work the problem instead of choosing sides on it.

edit on 17-9-2012 by BIHOTZ because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 12:12 PM
link   

reply to post by trysts

what should I do, resign myself to sitting in parks and in front of buildings and being a prick to people not in line with my way of thinking....

I do not think my government is god's gift to the world. That said most have their problems. I am actually very critical of my government and the power elite. That does not mean I am going to be a simpleton about it and say everyone like me is correct or everyone like them is wrong. That is just dumb.

What about being not just aware that your government is flawed, but being aware that your government is a terrible problem in the world? What about actually caring about others besides yourself, by criticizing your government while you're still allowed to do so? I don't know what your ideologies were before your epiphany that as long as you're okay then to hell with the rest of the world, but that's just closing your eyes. I'm glad that I am capable of walking out on a bad movie and telling everyone I know just how bad it is, instead of sitting there and waiting for it to end.

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 12:19 PM
link   
reply to post by BIHOTZ

In some ways I agree with your reply. I really don't feel that war is human-nature though, but that leads quite off-topic.

I was just trying to point out that when you differentiate between 'clever' and 'idiotic', it is a division.
And yes, that results in conflict whether one is aware of it or not.

I agree with some of the points you made, but it really did seem to stem from a dark place.
edit on 17-9-2012 by adrift because: spelling

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 12:26 PM
link   
reply to post by BIHOTZ

This will probably be buried but I hope you have the chance to read it.

It is extreme to be "anti" war and it is extreme to be "pro" war. Everything which is an extreme must be shunned, always walk the middle path in life.

In the middle path concerning war, an unjust war is what is evil. There are unjust wars and there are just wars. We must learn to find out for ourselves in each situation what is the just and what is the unjust:then stand against that which is unjust.

When things are for material or worldly gain they are not just, because people are dying for your greed. But if a people is trying to kill you, then it is just to defend yourself.

But here, you must make certain that they are not trying to kill you because you first killed their family for your greed... then it is they who are the ones making a just war upon you.

Learn the words just and unjust.... then learn to look for that middle path in all your stances.

Always remember, there is a capacity for good, and a capacity for evil in all of us. Therefore, you will find good mixed in with the bad... It is always to us to attempt to eliminate our own bad before worrying about others.

edit on 17-9-2012 by OpinionatedB because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 12:33 PM
link   
reply to post by OpinionatedB

thanks for the reply I really appreciate that way of thought. It is basically how I see it. Any extreme is a bad thing and ruins the balance necessary for healthy life. Good on you.

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 12:40 PM
link   
reply to post by adrift

Thanks for being tolerant. I wouldn't say it comes from a dark place. I like to stay in the middle when it comes to polarizing issues.

Again, thanks for the consideration.

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 12:42 PM
link   
reply to post by trysts

I am very critical of my government. I would go so far as to say that I am probably on every one of those lists, short of the ones for violent terrorists, as an enemy of the state under the new classification of domestic terrorist.

I just like to see how best to work solutions, not just see the negative aspects of things. You have to play to win.

edit on 17-9-2012 by BIHOTZ because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 01:00 PM
link   

reply to post by adrift

I like to stay in the middle when it comes to polarizing issues.

Me too

So thank you, because through our conversation you have helped me find the middle, even though I may have thought I was already there.

Best Wishes

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 01:45 PM
link   
THAT is PROPAGANDA at its best!

Go ahead with your wars, and you will see what the rest of the world will do to you.

Hint: the rest of the world is SICK of you...

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 01:51 PM
link   
reply to post by GLontra

the world is sick, I agree

new topics

top topics

join