It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Democrats Retreat On Civil Liberties In 2012 Platform

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 01:01 PM
link   

I dunno about that ... they are the ones with Marriage Equality as part of the platform.

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 01:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic

Originally posted by PvtHudson
... she now gives Obama a complete pass on.

If you had read my post, you'd know that that isn't true. But I'm not going to waste any more of my time responding to the likes of you.

Go ahead and give us some links to all the threads you've made about Gitmo, high gas prices, high unemployment, the deficit, drone strikes or the ability he has to kill american citizens without due process. You made TONS of threads on those topics during the Bush admin, so it should be fairly easy for you to show us all the threads you've made on these topics since Obama took over.

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 01:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic

... she now gives Obama a complete pass on.

If you had read my post, you'd know that that isn't true. But I'm not going to waste any more of my time responding to the likes of you.

Go ahead and give us some links to all the threads you've made about Gitmo, high gas prices, high unemployment, the deficit, drone strikes or the ability he has to kill american citizens without due process. You made TONS of threads on those topics during the Bush admin, so it should be fairly easy for you to show us all the threads you've made on these topics since Obama took over.
Seconded. I would like to see all of the links she made denouncing the actions of the current regime. I doubt they will be forthcoming though. Apparently trampling on civil rights is ok if done by a democrat.

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 02:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan

I dunno about that ... they are the ones with Marriage Equality as part of the platform.

They are also the ones that sav rich folk do not have equal rights isn't that what all the hullabau about marriiage is all about?

money and someone elses.

On topic:

The Democrats never had the corner of promoting civil rights sure they have a slighty hipper rap than those right wingers.

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 04:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by 369821
reply to post by RealSpoke

There in lies the problem. People actually believe what these politicians are saying. They buy into their lies whole heartily and then are shocked when they are let down.Every last one of them is full of poo and are just speaking what they think we want to hear.
After politics, they should consider a career in used car sales. I think they would all be very good at it.

That'd be fine if they still had to work after quitting politics, however being a politician is a quick ticket to getting rich so by the time they are done (if ever) they won't have to work anymore anyways.

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 04:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96

Originally posted by FlyersFan

They are also the ones that sav rich folk do not have equal rights ......

I stand corrected. Yep ... I forgot about that. Taking away the rights of the productive and the wealthy .. taking their money .. slavery to the state. Yep. Thanks neo96. Totally slipped my mind.

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 05:26 PM
link   
TPTB wont allow somebody who wants civil liberties to take office or gain any kind of political power. Look what happened to Ron Paul and Martin Luther King

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 08:43 PM
link   
well, Obama didn't close Gitmo as he said he would, so they had to come up with a different plan. That plan was focusing on another aspect of nanny statism health, abortion and contraception. Oh yah and blaming Bush and Romney.

Oh wait, I'm not Democrat.
Well, anyway, thanks for your honest appraisal of the CIC who disappointed. Maybe it is more proof that the agenda of TPT will continue regardless of the party.
edit on 17-9-2012 by ThirdEyeofHorus because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 08:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skyfloating
What happened was that Obama got the big picture intel and began to realize that some people are not quite as friendly towards America as the utopian left would have hoped. Obama matured. Will you?

So when did you mature? Were you one of those who bought into Obama's lies too? Bet you didn't like the term "enemy combatants" either and wanted trials in downtown Manhattan. Then you grew up. It's only different when the party of your affiliation does it, it seems.

Grow up. This effects us all.

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 09:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Skyfloating

When did Obama realize Islam wasn't as friendly as the left thought?

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 09:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThirdEyeofHorus

Obama actually lived in an Islamic society,

do you base anything on knowledge or is it all hyperbole?

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 09:56 PM
link   

What happened was that Obama got the big picture intel and began to realize that some people are not quite as friendly towards America as the utopian left would have hoped. Obama matured. Will you?
Funny thing is, the Rombots thought you were talking about Islam.

I believe the Separation you speak of is from Israel.

Makes Sense.

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 03:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by thepresident

Originally posted by ThirdEyeofHorus

Obama actually lived in an Islamic society,

Oh thanks for telling me. Goodness knows I didn't notice it when I was reading Jerome Corsi's book, "Obamanation" in the Phoenix Airport in July 2008.

Sooo are you trying to tell me that Obama lived in an Islamic society so he already knew they weren't as friendly?
edit on 18-9-2012 by ThirdEyeofHorus because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 03:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tw0Sides

Funny thing is, the Rombots thought you were talking about Islam.

I believe the Separation you speak of is from Israel.

Makes Sense.

You are suggesting that Utopian leftists were hoping Israel was more friendly to us? Hmmm interesting theory.

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 03:37 AM
link   
reply to post by thepresident

Right back at ya bud.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join