It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

India Sending 40,000 Troops and 2 Tank Brigades To Border With China

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 12:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by 369821
reply to post by TritonTaranis

Mind their manner= Dont provoke the angry bear. Im not saying they dont have a right to defend themselves and their borders by any means.I just would rather we didnt go into world war 3 because some pissed off Indian fired a shot at Chineese solder or something to that effect.

Works both ways

India wouldn't need to go to its boarder if someone wasn't already militarising it, anybody would be concerned, its a counter move from India nothing wrong with that what so ever

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 05:36 PM
link   
Sine America is obviously on vacation other countries need to show the world they can fight if they need to.

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 08:52 AM
link   

Im not sure this was such a good idea on Indias part. Throwing themselves into the mix is only going to cause more tension and confusion. And it may end with them getting sucked into a war.
Well they have to protect their borders which are being carved away every so slowly by Pakistan and China. Especially with the recent posturings by China, its a logical move and necessary precaution by the Indian military IMO.

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 09:01 AM
link   

reply to post by MrStyx

I agree, but do they really want to get involved in a war with a country that populated? They can defend the border, thats a good idea. But I think thats where their involvement should end. Why get into a messy war if you dont have to?
Really? Do you think every single chinese will be fighting the war? If you go by the population numbers, India's population is officially 1.2 billion (Not sure about the unofficial number). So there by your logic, they can still handle a person to person fight. Its not about a war but protecting your boundaries and borders which any nation would defend.

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 09:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by lewman
Maybe India should try and address their internal poverty situation before wasting resources on defending their borders against an enemy that has the resources and man power to make them obsolete.
Every country has internal and external issues. Both are addressed simultaneously. If one has to wait for complete resolutions of the internal issues then good luck. Thats why they have internal affairs and foreign policy experts in many nations addressing just that. Do you think the countries involved in Wars have no internal poverty?

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 09:12 AM
link   

reply to post by TritonTaranis

I am well aware of the rifts between India and China. I just think India should mind its manners on this one, wait to see what happens and dont make any preemptive strikes. Theyre already a poor economy, why risk starving millions of people to death with an unnecessary war?
I'm assuming that you've not been in touch with the progress that India has made as well. Sure poverty and domestic issues exists in every country. But what does that has anything to do with 'Defense' (not 'Offense')?

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 09:19 AM
link   
How common is this?

This appears to be pretty big news, but its almost 1m here, maybe i'm just tired.

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 02:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by luciddream
India and China (hopefully) smart enough not to start a war with each other. Both are heavily populated, both are within the top 3 of the global GDP.

If they were smarter, they would join forces, take out opposition and then fight with each other.

Well India is partnering up with the number 1 force in the world, so apparently they are smarter?

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 06:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by OccamsRazor04

Well India is partnering up with the number 1 force in the world, so apparently they are smarter?

You obviously are from the US

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 06:45 AM
link   
Two of the most heavily populated stagnate countries on the planet and you all dive in for a piece of the feed?!?!

This site is full of people who would pull up at a fatal accident and start taking photos,
oohing and ahhing over the tradegy like they give a flying fat rats frollick!
mongrel dregs hanging on baited breath for some poor bunch of HUMANS to start shedding bloody.

Since when is China going to move into indian territory? Or are India STILL paying their loans back and have been called on an owed favour (or else)?

OOOh!! I know!!!! Let's spread MORE rumours and hope there's fighting somewhere other than where we are!!!
So brave!!!!

You guys need serious psychotherapy treatment, voyers, vultures and dead shiites, get a life.

The working mechanism will “study ways and means to conduct and strengthen exchanges and cooperation between military personnel and establishments of the two sides in the border areas,” an Indian Foreign Ministry official said.

from January

see how their trying to build it up, and you're helping?

I wonder if down the track ats will be held responsible for some of this mess you're all determined to head for?

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 10:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by felixjames20

Originally posted by OccamsRazor04

You obviously are from the US

I am, but would the statement be somehow different if I lived in another country? Would living in Switzerland make the Swiss army the most powerful somehow?

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 10:51 PM
link   
reply to post by TheMindWar

Interesting find, actually.

Though our civilian and military intelligence agencies had a satisfactory capability for the collection of infrastructure intelligence from Tibet, their capability for the collection of war indicators from Tibet was very poor. They detected in time the clandestine Chinese construction of roads such as the Aksai Chin road in the Western sector, but they missed the Chinese preparations for a military foray into our territory. The Chinese attack on our positions must have been preceded by weeks, if not months, of preparations on the ground in Tibet. The war indicators caused by such preparations were missed by our intelligence agencies. b. Our capability for the analysis and assessment of China-related intelligence was inadequate. Even the limited intelligence flowing from Tibet from human and technical sources was not subjected to vigorous analysis and assessment. Our knowledge and assessment of the Chinese military thinking and mindset were poor. We hardly knew anything about the India expertise in the PLA and the Chinese intelligence. As a result, we seriously underestimated the Chinese political and military will to assert their ground interests across the Himalayas and over-assessed and over-projected our capability to anticipate and neutralise any Chinese assertion of their will.

The writer is Additional Secretary (retd), Cabinet Secretariat, Govt. of India, New Delhi, and, presently, Director, Institute For Topical Studies, Chennai, and Associate of the Chennai Centre For China Studies.

INDIA-CHINA: Can the Humiliation of 1962 Repeat Itself?

top topics

<< 1   >>

join