It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

India Sending 40,000 Troops and 2 Tank Brigades To Border With China

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 10:03 AM
link   
The army’s defences on the China border will get a major offensive boost with the impending deployment of two tank brigades, one each in Ladakh and north-east India. This is the first time that India will deploy armoured formations on the China border. Such formations, equipped with main battle tanks and BMP-II infantry combat vehicles, are traditionally used for striking into enemy territory.

Authoritative MoD (Ministry of Defence) sources tell Business Standard that the plan, cleared by the MoD, involves raising six new armoured regiments, equipped with 348 tanks (58 tanks per regiment, including reserves). In addition, three mechanised infantry battalions will be raised, amounting to about 180 BMP-IIs.

stratrisks.com...

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 10:13 AM
link   
reply to post by TheMindWar

I think its safe to say we are most definitely on the brink of war or the war has started and TPTB controlled media have not been informed to tell us yet.

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 10:17 AM
link   
Im not sure this was such a good idea on Indias part. Throwing themselves into the mix is only going to cause more tension and confusion. And it may end with them getting sucked into a war.

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 10:27 AM
link   
It isn't such a bad one. India is no slouch , they just completed a test fire of their new missile months ago that can hit anywhere in China. They have a massive population as well. This says, we see you and what your doing. Don't start thinking you can run things because we are still here.

They wouldn't win a one one but they would easily be good match.

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 10:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by 369821
Im not sure this was such a good idea on Indias part. Throwing themselves into the mix is only going to cause more tension and confusion. And it may end with them getting sucked into a war.

What the hell are you talking about?

India has every right to move whatever resources it chooses to do within their borders in their defense. China should take notice, India will and have defended themselves against past and possible future Chinese aggression. [Side note] So will Japan...
edit on 17-9-2012 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 10:39 AM
link   
reply to post by MrStyx

I agree, but do they really want to get involved in a war with a country that populated? They can defend the border, thats a good idea. But I think thats where their involvement should end. Why get into a messy war if you dont have to?

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 10:46 AM
link   
Maybe India should try and address their internal poverty situation before wasting resources on defending their borders against an enemy that has the resources and man power to make them obsolete.

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 11:10 AM
link   
Hmm pieces are moving all over the board recently

There is probably a long way to go yet but it looks like China/Russia/Iran are doomed

Way too much firepower for them to deal with, "way to much"

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 11:12 AM
link   

I'm not sure this was such a good idea on India's part. Throwing themselves into the mix is only going to cause more tension and confusion. And it may end with them getting sucked into a war.

The way I see it is most every country will get sucked into the rapidly approaching (or already started) war. They might as well get started on their own terms rather than a forced response.

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 11:19 AM
link   

reply to post by MrStyx

I agree, but do they really want to get involved in a war with a country that populated? They can defend the border, thats a good idea. But I think thats where their involvement should end. Why get into a messy war if you dont have to?

Maybe you should read up on the many land/sea boarder disputes India & China have

India & China have both over a billion in population each... this does not make them indestructible or to be feared in any way, unless you can feed them all and arm them all it matters not, to starve over a billion people would be very very easy to do, as soon as a major war started more than half of both China & India's population would die,

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 11:26 AM
link   
India and China (hopefully) smart enough not to start a war with each other. Both are heavily populated, both are within the top 3 of the global GDP.

If they were smarter, they would join forces, take out opposition and then fight with each other.

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 11:27 AM
link   
reply to post by TritonTaranis

I am well aware of the rifts between India and China. I just think India should mind its manners on this one, wait to see what happens and dont make any preemptive strikes. Theyre already a poor economy, why risk starving millions of people to death with an unnecessary war?

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 11:34 AM
link   

I am well aware of the rifts between India and China. I just think India should mind its manners on this one, wait to see what happens and dont make any preemptive strikes. Theyre already a poor economy, why risk starving millions of people to death with an unnecessary war?

What are you talking about, both India and China have up and down in their economy, yes China is richer but to say India should mind its manners? what let China walk on it?

They are not making preemptive strikes, they are setting up defenses.

If my neighbour is walking up and down my fence with a gun, i would think about my security and get a weapon ready.
edit on 9/17/2012 by luciddream because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 11:40 AM
link   
Last two days the PLA Air force Fighter violated Indian Borders over west Bengal area's...They are always making trouble to us...try to breach our Navy Computers...constructing bases over Pakistan and Pakistan Occupied Kashmir as well as in Sri Lanka Also...

Moving our Infantry is a good choice ....but they does best Moving Tank Brigades to the eastern Frontier ..India also have a Air force base near that border including the Air Superiority fighters and C 130 Flying Artilleries...

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 11:44 AM
link   
Last two days the PLA Air force Fighter violated Indian Borders over west Bengal area's...They are always making trouble to us...try to breach our Navy Computers...constructing bases over Pakistan and Pakistan Occupied Kashmir as well as in Sri Lanka Also...

Moving our Infantry is a good choice ....but they does best Moving Tank Brigades to the eastern Frontier ..India also have a Air force base near that border including the Air Superiority fighters and C 130 Flying Artilleries...

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 11:50 AM
link   

MIND THERE MANNERS?? LOL

Hmm sounds familiar

Sounds like something people said when the French constructed the Maginot Line

The Maginot Line (French: Ligne Maginot, IPA: [liɲ maʒino]), named after the French Minister of War André Maginot, was a line of concrete fortifications, tank obstacles, artillery casemates, machine gun posts, and other defenses, which France constructed along its borders with Germany and Italy, in light of its experience in World War I, and in the run-up to World War II. Generally the term describes only the defenses facing Germany, while the term Alpine Line is used for the Franco-Italian defenses.

India has every right to act on suspicion, intelligence what ever it wants really, especially when there's a monster living next door devouring everything

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 11:52 AM
link   
This is what happens when you show weakness to the world. The world knew America was strong and had no problem flexing her muscles anywhere in the world. Now they see a weak President apologizing for them having to murder one of our Ambassadors. They know Obama will do nothing but posture.

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 11:53 AM
link   
China has a history of boarder clashes with its neighbors. This is simply a prudent move on India's part. The problem for China is as soon as they start pushing to take conrol of one territory it makes everyone else more nervous. Japan, India, Taiwan and the ASEAN states are working more and more closely with each other and the US to show a united front. If this continues then China may start looking north at Russia again and all those undeveloved Siberian resources protected only by a decaying Russian military.

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 12:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by jimmiec
This is what happens when you show weakness to the world. The world knew America was strong and had no problem flexing her muscles anywhere in the world. Now they see a weak President apologizing for them having to murder one of our Ambassadors. They know Obama will do nothing but posture.

Not sure how this is related to "weakness" and "president" but last thing American wants is making more enemies other than middle east. A nuke is a nuke, don't matter if a body builder holding it or a skinny nerd holding it, the damage is the same.

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 12:15 PM
link   

Mind their manner= Dont provoke the angry bear. Im not saying they dont have a right to defend themselves and their borders by any means.I just would rather we didnt go into world war 3 because some pissed off Indian fired a shot at Chineese solder or something to that effect.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join