Polls Debunked: Democrats Oversampled

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 01:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by RELDDIR
Rasmussen and Pew were the most accurate polls in 2008. My advice to you, don't open your mouth without using your brain.
Pew and Rasmussen Most Accurate Pollsters of 2008 By Greg Pollowitz
www.nationalreview.com...#

Originally posted by Indigo5

The thing about polls is that they can be compared to reality after the elections take place...

Puhleese.....Here let me help you out...From your source link
www.fordham.edu...

The following list ranks the 23 organizations by the accuracy of their final, national preelection
polls (as reported on pollster.com).

Oh yes...Rasmussen out of the 100+ polls leading up to the 2008 election which showed more GOP bias than any other poll...managed on the very LAST SINGLE POLL...to get the outcome correct along with Pew.

Your ranking...ONE POLL...RIGHT BEFORE VOTING...after Months and 100's of Polls Rasmussen conducted showing Rasmussen to be the most GOP biased pollster in the race.

I have no doubt in this election as well that Rasmussen will try to salvage some morsel of thier credibility come the week before elections and starting releasing more honest figures.

But just cuz a thief doesn't rob a bank for a single day...doesn't make them captain justice..
edit on 17-9-2012 by Indigo5 because: (no reason given)
edit on 17-9-2012 by Indigo5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 01:20 PM
link   
Nate Silver is nothing but a MSM polling puppet. Where is his prediction record?

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 01:23 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 01:24 PM
link   
reply to post by RELDDIR

The first thing that happened when the page loaded that you linked to...National Review...was a popup ad encouraging me to ACT FAST because SUPPLIES ARE LIMITED...evidently I need to hurry up and order my "689 Reasons to Defeat Barack Obama (The Poster)."

You are one of a handful of ATS members who consistently and unfailingly (even unflinchingly) offer us links ONLY from decidedly right-leaning sites. So obviously right leaning, in fact, that it isn't even necessary to read a few op-eds and other things in order to get a feel of whether the site is partisan and if so, toward which party it leans. I do have to say, however, I appreciate the fact I can use the time I save toward other efforts.

That elephant is blocking your view.

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 01:26 PM
link   
I will ignore you from now on. That will be my first step. Don't push it.
reply to post by Indigo5

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 01:30 PM
link   
To be honest it does not matter if you all think the polls are right or wrong but, clearly Romney does and the campaign is now trying revamp itself. No more foreign relation misteps and sticking with the economy seems to be the new train of thought. He has also been working very hard preparing for the debates because they know that is going to be place he at the very least has to keep from losing any more ground. The problem is stopping losing ground is important but, they have startt gaining some at some point. Unless something drastic happens its pretty much over?

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 01:31 PM
link   
reply to post by MrSpad

Let's not forget the debates?

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 02:00 PM
link   

I will ignore you from now on. That will be my first step. Don't push it.
reply to post by Indigo5

Just like every other Poll aside from Rasmussen?

I would suggest your first step be to review the factual evidence and multiple sources I have posted here showing Rasmussen to be consistently bias....I am not posting opinion pieces, I have posted research. The one bit of research you posted in rebuttal was the ranking of what pollsters got it right on the very last day of polling before the election, whilst ignoring the hundreds of polls leading up to the election...which kind of is an afront to the whole puepose of polling?

and save the threats...it's a discussion forum...if sources and evidence frustrate you then there are deeper issues you need to examine.

I have yet to find any logical argument you have made and supported here to back up the preposterous claim that Rasmussen is the standard and everyone else has it wrong. I have provided links and research showing the precise opposite.

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 02:02 PM
link   
Like I said, I will ignore you.
reply to post by Indigo5

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 02:03 PM
link   

Like I said, I will ignore you.
reply to post by Indigo5

And like I said....A predictable response when facts and links are presented.

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 02:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Indigo5

Are you harassing me? I said I will ignore you. What part of that don't you understand?

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 02:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by TDawgRex
reply to post by RELDDIR

Whats ironic though is while the polls are heavily Democratic based, Obama only leads by a slim margin. That's really saying something isn't it?
edit on 17-9-2012 by TDawgRex because: Misspelling...LOTS of it. Crap, I need more coffee.

Yea,it says 4 more years thank God.

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 02:12 PM
link   
Where's Freedom of Speech? I got my own thread hijacked. I don't know what gives. I can feel the extreme dislike. Everytime I post something, a mob shows up and pestures me.

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 02:12 PM
link   
reply to post by RELDDIR

'Statistics' is the art of turning meaningful information into a creatively useful misrepresentation of reality."
-anon

"Torture numbers long enough and they'll give you any answer you want."
-anon

"Numbers make my brain hurt. I'm getting drunk."
-beezzer

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 02:14 PM
link   
I don't mind the debates. I just wish they were productive back and forth posts and replies, where people actually LISTEN AND DEBATE TOPICS WITHIN THE CONTEXT OF THE PREVIOUS POST.
reply to post by RELDDIR

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 02:18 PM
link   
reply to post by RELDDIR

My friend, exposing the wrong doings of the left to the light of day will get you nothing but grief from them.

Imagine turning on a garage light and having an oppossum hissing at you from the corner.

Honesty is the Holy Water to the "Linda Blair" of politics. (Old Exorcist reference
)

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 02:23 PM
link   
Thanks for the encouragement Beezer. I will vote on election day. I won't post anything about polls anymore. As soon as I post a poll, the left goes into panic mode. And I get all the stress for it.
reply to post by beezzer

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 02:28 PM
link   

Thanks for the encouragement Beezer. I will vote on election day. I won't post anything about polls anymore. As soon as I post a poll, the left goes into panic mode. And I get all the stress for it.
reply to post by beezzer

Awww heck. It's fun to watch them squirm.

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 02:29 PM
link   
I can feel their PANIC. It's almost like they are taking these polls way too personal.
reply to post by beezzer

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 02:36 PM
link   
reply to post by RELDDIR

The hope is that the polls will sway the undecided, so they'll stack the deck in any way that they can.

Exposing that, gets them ouchy.

new topics
top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join