It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Urban O-ccultfitters

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 08:34 AM
link   
I recently ventured into an Urban Outfitters store in my home town. It always changes and gets new decorative materials, themes, and budgets.
Mostly they are really dumb, but this time I could not help but notice ALL of the occult symbolism that this company is indoctrinating the youth with. I was only there for a couple minutes but even so I managed to take a few pictures:
Here we have a shirt with all sorts of contradictory religious symbols, all mumbo-jumbo'd into one RADICAL t-shirt.

The store seemed to be plastered in pyramids and geometric shapes alluding to pyramid-scheme like power.

Another example

They also don't want us to forget how they flaunt the ALL seeing, all knowing OWLs

More owls

And for any of you who doubt their message I've saved the best for last.

Personally I am disgusted and saddened by all this. This store is the number 1 stop for many youth today all over the world, and they are being bombarded with symbols all around them - then BUY the sh*t and then the rest of the community has to unknowingly be witness to these occult powers and symbols.

If you've noticed teens and even younger kids wearing this type of clothing try and snap a picture or just comment below. THANKS!
PLEASE NOTE - for some reason when I uploaded the pictures they all went upside down or sideways (it wasn't me holding the camera upside down) even when I change the picture to upside down on my computer then upload onto ATS it flips again. - you can still get the gist of the picture though.

edit on 9/17/2012 by RudeJJ because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 08:40 AM
link   
What's the problem here? Stores produce merchandise based on trends, and guess what's trendy?

I know a handful of girls that have Owls tattooed on them, all of which got them within the last few years (embarrassing really). However, NONE of them are into the occult, or witchcraft, symbols, or anything of the sort. They simply saw one turd with an owl on a shirt or tattooed, and wanted to get it because it happens to be TRENDY.

I'm not saying the OP is wrong, but it's not hard to find symbols in unexpected places. SYMBOLS rule the world/market.

Also, I will be opting out of taking pictures of children and posting them on the internet, terrible advice....

Talk about effing creepy.

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 08:40 AM
link   
reply to post by RudeJJ

dude, why are the picture upside down ? the first picture shows a pentagram. in your upside down version it represents black magic, otherwise it would be white (good) magic. the devil is in the detail.

edit on 17-9-2012 by icepack because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 08:43 AM
link   
reply to post by RudeJJ

First few photos uploaded up side down, the rest is on their side! LOL! Could you fix them, please?
Yes we have this kind of shops here in UK as well. Usually, all goods are very expensive, for no reason (in my opinion) and quality is something to be desired. Normally I do not go in there. Not my cup of tea, I am afraid.
Star and Flag for you for your method in uploading photos!!! LOL!
edit on 17-9-2012 by Whiteinch because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 08:52 AM
link   
Jeez man. I think maybe you are reading too much into this stuff. It's just pictures on clothes, really!

Why do people insist on making a fuss out of every shape, symbol or bit of text that doesn't fir the "christian ideal"

silly humans!

Peace

PW

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 09:35 AM
link   
reply to post by MmmPie

It's not really the pictures of kids I'm interested in - more so the clothing that they wear and have no idea what it means.

I agree symbols do rule the world - but what does this say about a store that predominantly display symbols on merchandise that have been used by the NWO for ages?

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 01:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by RudeJJ
reply to post by MmmPie

It's not really the pictures of kids I'm interested in - more so the clothing that they wear and have no idea what it means.

I agree symbols do rule the world - but what does this say about a store that predominantly display symbols on merchandise that have been used by the NWO for ages?
if they don't know, then who cares? Symbols only have as much power as someone puts in them.

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 03:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by MmmPie
Also, I will be opting out of taking pictures of children and posting them on the internet, terrible advice....

Talk about effing creepy.

I think you're misinterpreting the comment in the OP. At least I hope that's what you're doing, and not purposely twisting their words for purposes of ridicule.

I believe by "kids" the OP actually meant "young people," not the kind of "kids" that would make such a suggestion borderline-pedophilic. The people wearing these clothes are typically in the 16-25 year old range. Legally at the "age of consent" in many / most places, and still what many (myself included) would call "kids."

I call anyone under 30 and / or immature-acting "kids," regardless of their actual age.

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 03:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by PrimalWisdom
Jeez man. I think maybe you are reading too much into this stuff. It's just pictures on clothes, really!

Originally posted by shanegm
if they don't know, then who cares? Symbols only have as much power as someone puts in them.

I think a lot of people ask this question, or share your attitude, and so here are my thoughts on that:

Maybe this is true, and maybe it's not. This is what I was taught, when I was learning, and is more-or-less what I believe. That a symbol (or anything similar, really) gets its power through belief. However, I think it ignores a few factors. First of all, a lot of people believe in these symbols. Hundreds of millions to billions of them, in fact.

Second, many of these symbols are being put onto clothing, which will be worn in public, where these symbols may come into the view of many, many "believers," even if the one wearing it has no beliefs.

Third: Many occultists believe that "belief" or faith is not the only tool for generating power. If you study occult, you will know that "focus" is a big part of the formula. A student of the occult will also be familiar with the idea of wearing sigils or symbols for occult purposes, and using one's personal, spiritual energy to charge one of these symbols via proximity and / or focus.

If I perform a ritual in private involving a sigil, but I print that sigil on 10,000 t-shirts and have people walking around wearing them, looking at them, thinking about them, wondering, fearing -- that may be many tens of thousands of points of focus, belief, and emotive thought toward that symbol. It is like creating many unwitting ritual participants. Some also argue that the purpose behind some of this may be subconscious influence.

I don't know why this symbology is becoming more popular, but I strongly suspect it has something to do with certain modern rap artists. Nameably guys like Jay Z, Kanye West, Lil Wayne, Drake, etc....

Take a look, if you're not already familiar:

Illuminati Fashions?

Even More:

Lil Wayne's Extremely Satanic Clothing

Jay Z and Crew Occult and Masonic Symbolism

Drake Illuminati Symbolism

(This critique is, itself, in the form of a rap. Novel and kind of entertaining)

If this is your introduction to this subject, you could probably spend the next whole week non-stop watching new youtube vids on the topic. This has become a big thing, and there's plenty of talk about it.
edit on 24-9-2012 by iwilliam because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 04:01 PM
link   
Here's another great one about masonic / illuminati geared symbols on clothing. You can skip right to 5:20 if you are already familiar with the symbols themselves, and just want to see illustrations of the clothing lines:

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 04:13 PM
link   
This is all over the place in pop culture, but what's amazing is it appears more often in places where people who wouldnt know or care about the symbology would see.

Lady Gaga, Rihanna, Justin Bieber, they all do the 'Illuminati Eye' gesture, but I can guarantee that MOST of their fans have no idea what it means.
I have a list of pictures compiled on my blog that shows how undeniably consistent all the major celebrities that are publicized all do the same or similar gestures. All payed for and by the same people that own both media and politics.
Who would have guessed?
The Eye symbolizes awareness, yet most still think that we're 'reading too much into things'.

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 04:29 PM
link   
reply to post by RudeJJ

Great thread!

It's still difficult for me to believe that people still shrug off these gang signs as style. "It's just trendy, man!"
For those who have studied symbols and understand how territorial these "people" are, we can understand why one shouldn't wear attire with certain colors and symbols on it.
From your photos, I can tell immediately that Masons either own this store or are invested in it, Probably both.
For those who are asking why, don't be so coy. Black and white checker boards, geometric designs, and triangle cyclops are their calling cards.
I for one wouldn't shop here because I don't believe I'd like where my money was going. I'd like to know what types of charities and such the store has been involved with or has donated to.
Another business rife with Illuminati/Occult symbolism is the dance school Britney Spears was endorsing until her breakdown. All seeing eyes everywhere on that website! I just as well assumed it was a major programming center.
Thanks again for the photos, JJ. Nice to know you're one of the ones seeing in 20/20.

edit on 24-9-2012 by Afterthought because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 04:34 PM
link   
Good observation. Also of note is the white/black checked patterns which are freemasonry.

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 04:45 PM
link   
The more you can put these symbols in front of people, the more energy the symbols garner. I don't know how it works, or even if it works, but that's what these people believe. And when you start researching and recognizing the symbols, where they are and who is using them, it does seem like somehow power is derived from them.

top topics

join