It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Religion is a Hoax

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 26 2004 @ 10:41 PM
link   
Without a doubt, I know religion is a form of control over the masses. This can be proven very simply.

1: When presented with an event that is 'unexplainable'. Most people will say, "It's Gods will".

2: A very long time before organized religion came into being, people worshiped almost anything, rocks, trees, piles of mud with sticks in them (I think these were the first 'churches').

3: If given the choice between death and joining a religion, people would choose the religion. As evidenced by the beginnings of ALL religions.

4: ALL religions demand 'money'. I have NEVER seen them give the money back.

5: ALL religions were the predecessors to government. They even collected TAXES. Isn't that something.

6: Religion is the best way to explain away real reasoning. When lightning strikes the tree and it cathes on fire. That was Gods doing. I don't think so. I think there was a lightning strike and the heat from that caused the tree to catch fire. I think this pretty easily explains the 'Burning Bush'.

So, in conclusion, I would like to ask that we do away with religion. Can we please move forward with our lives and do away with the 'extremists' that demand we follow 'their' religion, pay extra taxes for not following their religion, or perhaps die for it.

Just my humble opinion.

posted on Oct, 26 2004 @ 11:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by kuilor2k
Without a doubt, I know religion is a form of control over the masses. This can be proven very simply.

I hate to break this to yall but you can not prove EITHER side.

You can not prove there is a god and you cant prove that there isnt.

Heck you cant prove that Odin and Thor do or dont exist either.

Neither side will ever accept the "facts" from the other side, so saying "I can prove so-n-so" is a waste of time.

posted on Oct, 27 2004 @ 10:22 AM
link   
Wow look at the contraversy I created

Hmmmmmmm Gold and Tv's wow what a "God". Well I'm speechless.. So in a sense you are telling me that "God" creates things and men dont. Ok so I guess we can blame the war on Iraq on "God" Terrorism on "God" Rape, Murders, Child Abuse, Neglect and everything else that is dispictable on this planet on "God". Now that I have your panties up in a bunch asks yourself this...... If your "God" can created Gold from a TV, which I dont see happening, how come he cant rid all this.

Want the answer....... Because Man created all of this, not "God". Your inner self, thoughts and actions have created everything by the process of sharing feelings, actions, thoughts etc.. throughout the human race.

Also, I never said I was starting a religion, I also am not a 5% and I definately dont believe thier is such a thing as "God" in the sense of a supreme being. I feel we created this world on our own, How we got here, I cannot answer that, How we evolved, one step at a time, from person to person sharing all those ideas and thoughts.

Oh yeah and by the way, These are my words, not read or obtained from any other source.. This is just the way I feel.

just my thoughts.

posted on Oct, 27 2004 @ 11:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Justmytype
First off, Religions, they are created to give all humans a sense of being, a cause, a sense of reality, just basically something to believe in so "we" as humans dont walk around the earth with our minds continuly spinning of how did I get here etc.

I would agree with you that this is a large part of it. Religion itself is completely man-made. It is here to form a sense of purpose, community, belonging, to explain the world... It gives hope and motivates people to live.

At times, it is used as a way to control the masses but I have seen no evidence that it was created for this purpose. It has been sustained and enforced for this purpose, but then again that didn't make people believe it, so it didn't really create the situation where you had a religion with followers, you just had a religion with those who claim it's name hanging around.

I think of religion as a sort of arrow pointing to things we don't understand to make them comprehensible.

The things that religions point to (a god, life itself, creation, souls, etc.) are things that if they exist, are not man-made. Religion is how we explain to ourselves all of these things that we don't know about. Some people believe that there is an entity that is responsible and none of us completely can stomp out the arguement against what we think.

Justmytype, I am very curious what you think of religions that aren't Christian or Jewish? You do realize that most of the world believes something different than what the bible says, right?

Whoever said it- not ALL religions ask for money. That is a flat out lie.

posted on Oct, 27 2004 @ 11:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Justmytype
First off, Religions, they are created to give all humans a sense of being, a cause, a sense of reality, just basically something to believe in so "we" as humans dont walk around the earth with our minds continuly spinning of how did I get here etc.

I would agree with you that this is a large part of it. Religion itself is completely man-made. It is here to form a sense of purpose, community, belonging, to explain the world... It gives hope and motivates people to live.

At times, it is used as a way to control the masses but I have seen no evidence that it was created for this purpose. It has been sustained and enforced for this purpose, but then again that didn't make people believe it, so it didn't really create the situation where you had a religion with followers, you just had a religion with those who claim it's name hanging around.

I think of religion as a sort of arrow pointing to things we don't understand to make them comprehensible.

The things that religions point to (a god, life itself, creation, souls, etc.) are things that if they exist, are not man-made. Religion is how we explain to ourselves all of these things that we don't know about. Some people believe that there is an entity that is responsible and none of us completely can stomp out the arguement against what we think.

Justmytype, I am very curious what you think of religions that aren't Christian or Jewish? You do realize that most of the world believes something different than what the bible says, right?

Whoever said it- not ALL religions ask for money. That is a flat out lie.

posted on Oct, 27 2004 @ 02:50 PM
link   
Yes Yes Yes, I do understand there are more than the Christian & Jewish religions.

ok, not to confuse anyone I will try to explain my terminology.

Religion= is a practiced belief proccess, by one or more person.
God= The good in ones inner self
Satan= The bad in ones inner self

Now to get to the point.....

If I were to die my world would stop, your world would continue to go on until you passed and so on and so on.
I created the path I chose in life by my decisions, feelings emotions and actions which are not pre determined as you do as well.
If I had no influence, over anything obtained by parents, friends, society, schools, goverment, religion etc.

I would be ????

That is the ultimate question, that proves everything is determined by what is learned by one man/woman to the next.

What you do not know is not "wrong" because if it is not taught and the knowledge is unique it becomes genuine and a genuine thought is real because it was thought up by man/woman.

just my thoughts....

top topics

<< 1   >>

join