It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Religion is a Hoax

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 15 2004 @ 12:36 PM
link   
First off, Religions, they are created to give all humans a sense of being, a cause, a sense of reality, just basically something to believe in so "we" as humans dont walk around the earth with our minds continuly spinning of how did I get here etc.

Second, The Beast, yes the writers of "Religions" were correct on how they potrayed this one, the beast is " man" actually human (Men/women) and is instilled in all of us. No one on this planet can even deny this because we have all had impure thoughts, wished others harm and lied, cheated and stole in one way or another. The beast is a symbol which stands for impurity, evil, deception, destruction etc.
We have come to our own demise by our own "god". (read further you will understand our own god)

Third GOD, Supposively created all of us in this form. I doubt that, because we all are "GOD", but dont see it. (Men/Women) have created everything we have now by using "GOD" hense by using our brains. Our brains interpet every possible thought proccess we choose to believe, in creativity, hatred, jealousy, attraction I can keep going but I wont.

The true point I am making here is the Bible was written by man, Man has dictated history, civilization, theory, technology, nutrition and has even learn to adapt to diffrent environments. We all use our brains to create good and evil, so too make a long sentance short "wake up", "The Beast and The God you are all searching for lies in your own head. We created it, we will destroy it.. its just fact, nothing more, nothing less.

Sorry if I hurt anyones beliefs but I think its time we all wake up and take accountibilty for ourselves and stop putting all the worlds good and bad on two diffrent spectrums "God" & "The Beast" and accept what we as (men/women) have done to ourselves.

Just my thoughts

posted on Oct, 15 2004 @ 01:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Justmytype
First off, Religions, they are created to give all humans a sense of being, a cause, a sense of reality, just basically something to believe in so "we" as humans dont walk around the earth with our minds continuly spinning of how did I get here etc.

I think that religion was more so created to answer questions of an unknown nature for the people at that time. Why Is man? Why does the sun shine? What happens to me after I die? The fear of the unknown seems to be the greatest fear for most people and religion seems to add a comforting answer to those fears.

Further more, I believe that religion is merely the evolution of things like fetish worship which was the belief that an object such as an axe or knife was infused with powerful forces such as gods or animals when it was used in a victorius battle. It was an explanation of why the one using the weapon was the winner.

What religion turned into today, IMHO, is merely a twisted form of control that is used for the benefit of the few in power of that religion to keep their power.

The true point I am making here is the Bible was written by man, Man has dictated history, civilization, theory, technology, nutrition and has even learn to adapt to diffrent environments. We all use our brains to create good and evil, so too make a long sentance short "wake up", "The Beast and The God you are all searching for lies in your own head. We created it, we will destroy it.. its just fact, nothing more, nothing less.

Yes, I agree. It is not the Word of god, but rather that of man and revised by other men time and time again. The Beast I would think refers to our animal side that we are suppose to 'overcome'. Of course one would have to ask themselves who defines what human activities are animalistic/evil. This could also be construed as just another form of control.

Humans are animals. Plain and simple. You can not deny what you are and expect to be true to yourself. I believe a balance of reason and instinct is necessary and not the extremes of a murderous barbarian or the Ego-self god.

posted on Oct, 15 2004 @ 02:55 PM
link   
I know this will come as a big surprise from my name, but I disagree. I base it on personal experience. I believed the same thing but at the same time demanded answers shaking my fist at Satan, Zeus, God, or whoever. I guess you could say I was an aggressive agnostic. I got answers in a spiritual war that I almost lost (including my life). Though glad now I found the truth, I realize the way I went about it could have cost me a heavy price.

Search for the truth, as this site encourages. My advice though is to search for God first 'cause the other way first just ain't worth it.

posted on Oct, 15 2004 @ 05:58 PM
link   
I am actually not searching for anything but making light of what I believe to be a true argument between "Humans" vs "Beliefs". I in know way am saying that you are wrong in believing what you do, I am just stating a simple and truthful observation. We all have feelings and we all have our own beliefs but keep this in mind, your beliefs are taught to you by your up bringing. As mine were as well, I could not grasp any of what I was taught in my childhood because i found that within myself portrayed everything which was good and evil. I have had horrible thoughts as well as peaceful loving moments and was taught to believe in a so called "God", Unitl I really understood how smart people actually are but also they never recognize it. Our brains are never being used to the extent it could be. "Why is that? Is it because we were taught to think a certain way so we never question, or is it because we as a species have become so intelligent that we have created this place where we all live and have put "caps" on all our minds abilities. Men & Women alike have created, designed, astonishing things in our lifetime that were just thoughts years ago.
I understand that you may be thinking "yeah, well how in the world did we get put here?" well, I dont know, but have an idea. I truely feel we are not the first of homosapiens ever to live. I truley believe we live this life to fix what we have done wrong in the past. I think we possibly have evolved so much that "humans" did live on another planet out there and destroyed all the resources they once had being with nukes, disease, chaos etc. I believe they found Earth with thier technology as we find other Galaxy's out there with our technology. I also believe they may have sent a group of men "ADAM and a group of women "Eve" to find if life would exsist on this planet and they were the people who thought up the ways to alter how humans would elvolve here then on the planet they originated from. Dont get me wrong, I am not saying we come from little green men, I am saying another "human" race found our planet in the time of need, journey'd here and possibly were never able to leave. hence starting life on earth.

just my thoughts

posted on Oct, 20 2004 @ 06:41 AM
link   
I agree, i think religion is a means to control the masses. Hower there after research'n alota different stuff i can see that alota stuff in the old testement is metaphoricly talk'n about historical events, because there altered versions of acient acounts of histroy from egyptian and sumerian texts. Also that revelation stuff is pretty bang on. I am in no way a religus person. But i do think some of the stuff they say is true if u can look through the metaphores and perbles. My problem with religion is the way they brain wash ppl into blindly following somthing with out researching it or even thinking twice about what there being told. Now if u find somthing in a religion to be true based on kind of fact, thats different. But to blindly follow things when u think about it is just plain dumb. Think about it, in any other subject no body would just blindly belive what someone told them. If you were researching somthing, you would used more than one source for the research. So why would ppl blindly follow 1 book, and base their entire belife system on it, just dos'nt make sence to me. In fact its probly one of the biggest things that is wrong with this world today. Think about it, if i can get u to blindly follow the bible or any other holy book for that matter, what else can i get u to belive. Thats we should invade iraq becaue they have wmd's? hmm starting to see a pattern here? When I that the majority of christians are pro-Bush, i was like "no ****'n way", but when you think about it, it makes alota sence.

posted on Oct, 24 2004 @ 07:01 AM
link   
Read "Blue Blood True Blood" by Stewart Swerdlow everybody.It's a must.www.stewartswerdlow.com

posted on Oct, 25 2004 @ 12:19 PM
link   
This is a very very very interesting and TOUCHY subject ... I believe in alot of things and NO RELIGION is what I believ in by far. BUT I do believe in God. I have felt him before ... that is all I can say if you haven't felt his presense with you sometime or another to help you cope with something. OR ANYTHING ... I am sorry ... maybe you were not there for him when he wanted you to say something to someone to help thier whole day out.But sometimes we don't listen if we can't take time out of our day and do somethign why should he do something for us ... Myabe not ... ta ta 4 now ..

posted on Oct, 25 2004 @ 04:08 PM
link   
Bet555
Although you are only 21, your replies seem to always contradict something else you have said or thought in a past thread. Please stick to one theory, weather its coming from another planet or believeing in a so called "GOD".

One strong point for you to understand... We "man/woman have created everything with our own minds, from the clothes on our back to the houses we live in to the food we eat. We have figured out advanced technology, nutrion and also have found ways to fight disease. So with this said... What did your "GOD" do?

Think about that one.

Just my thoughts.....

posted on Oct, 25 2004 @ 04:16 PM
link   
Yes, yes, you are utterly correct. God and religion were created to quell a narrow minded and afraid culture. Although it once had use when modern science had not been developed, it has none now and has become nothing more than a roadblock for evolving society.

My hope one day is that humanity will abandon its primitive inhibitions and pursue what really should be; the truth of knowledge.

Let me say this with truth that no one can deny: More people have died under the name of god than any other one thing in our world.

posted on Oct, 26 2004 @ 05:42 PM
link   
Justmytype, Let me guess you must be a 5%er?

If, you are a god?

Can you make matter? or just change its form?
Can you rule others lives or just your own?

Your not a GOD like you think, just merely a human with freewill.

posted on Oct, 26 2004 @ 05:46 PM
link   
Why is it always to try to disprove the bible?

Why is it always bible vs everything else?

I do agree Religions are corrupt in general, but, to tell the truth Justmytye you have a religion but, you just don't know it.

posted on Oct, 26 2004 @ 05:49 PM
link   
you! Prove to us all that you exist and then maybe we will listen.

posted on Oct, 26 2004 @ 05:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Justmytype
Just my thoughts

Behold, the foundation upon which all religions are based!

So, what are you planning to call this new religion of yours?

posted on Oct, 26 2004 @ 06:09 PM
link   
Wow, some thoughts never seen on this board before!!

Those aren't your thoughts, those are the thoughts of others that have collected in your head. None of those "thoughts" are new, although, I have to admit that is the first time I've seen "Supposively".

You can prove the hypothesis is worthy of theory, if you'd like. You say we are all Gods. If this is true, create a block of gold out of your own matter, (Don't use as much as one molecule that God made, use your own or else you are cheating) and then cause this block of gold the size of a 27" TV set to materialize in my living room. Then, I'll see that you could possibly have a point.

posted on Oct, 26 2004 @ 06:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Thomas Crowne
Wow, some thoughts never seen on this board before!!

Don't throw stones in glass houses. Especially if it's bulletproof glass, cuz it might bounce off and smack you right in the nards

Those aren't your thoughts, those are the thoughts of others that have collected in your head. None of those "thoughts" are new, although, I have to admit that is the first time I've seen "Supposively".

I'm quite sure the same can be said of you, or me, or anyone else. You off of the faulty assumption that an unoriginal thought is automatically an incorrect one.

You can prove the hypothesis is worthy of theory, if you'd like. You say we are all Gods. If this is true, create a block of gold out of your own matter, (Don't use as much as one molecule that God made, use your own or else you are cheating) and then cause this block of gold the size of a 27" TV set to materialize in my living room. Then, I'll see that you could possibly have a point.

Semantics should really be beneath you.

What (I hope) he meant is that everything in the world as we know it is a representation within our brains. This is correct. Red and yellow and apples do not exist. Carying wavelenghts of light and certain combinations of atoms do. I believe he used the word "GOD" to either prove some sort of point or to rile up the foolish Believers (and it seems to have worked on you quite well
)

Now, he may be one of thsoe crazies that thinks the world actually is dictated by our minds so far as our minds physically create the universe around us, as opposed to interpereting it into workable information.

posted on Oct, 26 2004 @ 06:27 PM
link   
Why argue the relevance of a Religion at all?

Isn't the question "if God exists?"

God can exist without a religion existing. Your point is moot, my friend.

-wD

posted on Oct, 26 2004 @ 06:40 PM
link   
The point is, Eso, these aren't his thoughts, these are the words one can read at many anti-Religion sites, and these are also the regurgitated words seen so many times here.
Also, Eso, I've suggested an experiment to prove what he says. Want to help? Please, feel free.

If you are referring to me as foolish, please, be more clear. Don't try and be sly.

No, really, our eyes receive frequencies and different wavelengths indicate different colors? Really? Wow!! Wait a minute, I already knew this. And this has nothing to do with whether or not we are gods, this merely means God created our eyes in a specific manner.

Now, Eso, please, the gold, if you don't mind? You may place it right on top of the TV, I don't care, just try and miss the fish tank with the cherry barbs. I've had them for 4 years, now, and I'm curious as to how long they'll live.

posted on Oct, 26 2004 @ 06:46 PM
link   
By the way, Eso, my repsonses, both to him and you, were not from a position of being riled up, but from one of flippancy, light sarcasm and amusement. I should have used a slathering of emoticons to indicate that, but I didn't.
So, here you go:
and

posted on Oct, 26 2004 @ 06:58 PM
link   
I am not a religious person even when I have my own believes on a supreme being or creator.

Base on that I will say that religion perhaps had a humble beginning as been a hoax I don't see it that way.

Yes in ancient times people depended in religion to find his place in earth and to identify themselves as a part of sometime better and higher than just the rest of the species in earth.

I maybe wrong or maybe right, but religion as a hoax is not, but as a personal thing is the law in which many may live by, for some it�s a path to control and self empowerment yes some may have used it too and are using it to harm others all you have to do is look at the world of today and see how religion has been misused and taken advantage off, for most people is a way to better themself and help others.

No, religion is not a hoax, because religion is the life that bread of many.

[edit on 093131p://222 by marg6043]

posted on Oct, 26 2004 @ 07:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Thomas Crowne
The point is, Eso, these aren't his thoughts, these are the words one can read at many anti-Religion sites, and these are also the regurgitated words seen so many times here.
Also, Eso, I've suggested an experiment to prove what he says. Want to help? Please, feel free.

It seemed quite clear to me that he didn't mean a literal "God" when he said that, so I'm going to give you the benefit of the doubt. Come on, get those two brain cells rubbing together
. And do ignore the references to aliens colonizing earth, nobody is perfect

If you are referring to me as foolish, please, be more clear. Don't try and be sly.

It appears that I, too, make an error in not placing enough smilies

No, really, our eyes receive frequencies and different wavelengths indicate different colors? Really? Wow!! Wait a minute, I already knew this. And this has nothing to do with whether or not we are gods, this merely means God created our eyes in a specific manner.

Now, Eso, please, the gold, if you don't mind? You may place it right on top of the TV, I don't care, just try and miss the fish tank with the cherry barbs. I've had them for 4 years, now, and I'm curious as to how long they'll live.

See above. You've gotta have more sense than this. Deny Ignanatz and all that jazz.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join