It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This is why people do not respect law enforcement

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 10:23 PM
link   
Maybe a month ago, there were shots fired in the apartment across the hall. Im the one who called the police. Now other neighbors, as well as myself, have filed complaints about the drug use and heavy traffic. Leasing office does nothing. So now shots are fired and me and the neighbors are like, your not going to search for drugs???? Investigator looks at us and states 'Im not the drug police". then he personally calls one of the girls father and tells him everything that we put in our witness statements. literally within an hour of us writing them and at 3am to boot!

IDK for the most part, i cant say I have bad experiences with officers. But corruption exists at every level and definitely watch out in smaller towns.
edit on 17-9-2012 by RABiam because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 10:26 PM
link   
Forgive me if this was posted, but here's a site that has everything that took place:

www.clevescene.com...

The update was many months ago though.

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 10:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by EvilSadamClone
You know, you people who hate the police so much wouldn't have any problems with them if you just obeyed the law.

I know, I know. The law doesn't apply to you. You can break any time you want to.

It's only breaking the law if you get caught, after all.

This is one of the more ridiculous posts I've seen in a while.

Who in this thread complained about cops arresting anyone who broke the law? How did you automatically assume everyone here who complained about the way in which cops regularly abuse their power, is guilty of not following the law? How did you come in here thinking you were somehow adding to the conversation, while posting something which not only isn't related to the conversation, but is a complete strawman as well?

Way to ignore the topic. You sound like some of the cops I've encountered, who don't have the critical thinking necessary to understand the situation, as you don't understand the conversation, and automatically assume anyone who has something negative to say about a cop, or question their tactics, is guilty of something.

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 11:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by MysticPearl
You sound like some of the cops I've encountered, who don't have the critical thinking necessary to understand the situation, as you don't understand the conversation, and automatically assume anyone who has something negative to say about a cop, or question their tactics, is guilty of something.

BRAVO BRAVO BRAVO, they hate being questioned. I guess they dont want to talk too much cause their high school education will shine through. Hide behind those aviators, my friend, please dont let me see that your a confused idiot. I would have to call you out

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 11:30 PM
link   
reply to post by MysticPearl

Who in this thread complained about cops arresting anyone who broke the law? How did you automatically assume everyone here who complained about the way in which cops regularly abuse their power, is guilty of not following the law? How did you come in here thinking you were somehow adding to the conversation, while posting something which not only isn't related to the conversation, but is a complete strawman as well?

Oh yeah.

You really told me off.

People who hate the police the most are the people who get arrested the most. They wouldn't get arrested if they OBEYED THE LAW.

It's a fact of life.

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 12:26 AM
link   
reply to post by lonewolf10

I am responding to the incredible "spin" in your post, specifically, " This is why people do not respect law enforcement." For the record, all professions have "bad apples" that make the news on daily basis. But, to take the disgusting actions of a few "bad apples" and use it as a basis for not respecting the ENTIRE profession is an incredible stretch. I will say that the sooner the "bad apples" get weeded out, the better "that" profession will become. Keep in mind that most of us who read and post articles on ATS have well developed brains that have a working "logic function." Occasionally, though, someone sneaks in and makes a ridiculous post..

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 01:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by bloodreviara
you know, now that i think of this, isn't it kind of scary that
he isn't already in jail? isn't that how its suppose to work for
everyone? unless im mistaken in this, he is on video, with
another police officer as a witness no less, breaking the law,
the way i understand it, that other police officer could have
even arrested him on the spot..... he should have even....
does this actually mean that its gotten this far? this man
broke the law, on video, with witnesses.

that thought is really scary, it makes me paranoid that if
a pair of officers came up to my car and one were to try
and kill me out of simple anger with no provocation or
reason the other wouldn't even try to stop him. wow

sorry for the off topic but that thought had to come out.

unless this is the policy now,or "how its done"
edit on 18-9-2012 by repeatoffender because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 03:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by EvilSadamClone

People who hate the police the most are the people who get arrested the most. They wouldn't get arrested if they OBEYED THE LAW.

It's a fact of life.
I beg to differ as anyone can be arressted for not breaking the law
and that is a fact of life..

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 03:25 AM
link   
reply to post by EvilSadamClone

It's a fact of life.

I thought this citizen with the gun was obeying the law? Angry, abusive police instill fear in the rest of the population. Thats their intent. Its that fear that is unhealthy and could lead to trouble for police down the road.

The more afraid of the police a person is the more likely to run or react, not because they have criminal intent, but because they are afraid. That shouldn't be to hard for them to figure out.

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 03:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by The Old American

Originally posted by shamanix2012
I'll let the video speak for itself, and I also expect the cop - defenders to come crying into this thread with their pathetic sympathy for this kind of behavior.

What makes you think anyone on ATS would defend this act of terrorism? I see you've been here for a grand total of 6 days. You need to get a feel for the people here. We have many that defend LEOs for one thing or another, but even the staunchest of supporters here on ATS would condemn this.

Saying what you said seems more like baiting than anything. ATS has plenty of that, so leave it at the freaking door.

/TOA

I have been reading these boards for years. Oh look the cop defenders are here, EvilSadamClone inc.

You were saying?

I hate being right.

edit on 18-9-2012 by shamanix2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 04:03 AM
link   
reply to post by EvilSadamClone

Even if someone breaks the law, which the people being threatened in this video didn't ..... you think that makes this cops actions right? lol ok copper.

You have alot to learn, Danielsan.
edit on 18-9-2012 by shamanix2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 04:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by bigfatfurrytexan

Originally posted by raiders247
Police officers should get the death penalty for abusing their privileges.

I'd gladly administer the injection to scumbags like these.

Ahh....for an example of the hyperbole I was talking about, here we have the post directly subsequent to mine as a shining example.

Would anyone here really want to see a cop get the death penalty for verbally abusive behavior? It would seem that the poster I have quoted would, as would the 2 people who starred this post.

So let me ask you folks....have you killed any US Ambassadors lately? Because killing someone over words is exactly what is happening "over there". And to think, here i was being all outraged at the Muslim response, thinking that it showed a small mindedness that can only be displayed among the mindless religiously brainwashed people of that region. How wrong I was.....

....or maybe I was right, and we are just seeing obnoxious hyperbole. I would suspect that this is true. Regardless, it is interesting to watch how people act, and interact.

They are killing US ambassadors because of a poorly made short film, not because they were threatened with death for no reason..... some people amaze me.

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 07:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by shamanix2012

Originally posted by bigfatfurrytexan

Originally posted by raiders247
Police officers should get the death penalty for abusing their privileges.

I'd gladly administer the injection to scumbags like these.

Ahh....for an example of the hyperbole I was talking about, here we have the post directly subsequent to mine as a shining example.

Would anyone here really want to see a cop get the death penalty for verbally abusive behavior? It would seem that the poster I have quoted would, as would the 2 people who starred this post.

So let me ask you folks....have you killed any US Ambassadors lately? Because killing someone over words is exactly what is happening "over there". And to think, here i was being all outraged at the Muslim response, thinking that it showed a small mindedness that can only be displayed among the mindless religiously brainwashed people of that region. How wrong I was.....

....or maybe I was right, and we are just seeing obnoxious hyperbole. I would suspect that this is true. Regardless, it is interesting to watch how people act, and interact.

They are killing US ambassadors because of a poorly made short film, not because they were threatened with death for no reason..... some people amaze me.

No, they were killed because some folks never learned "Sticks and stones will break my bones but words will never harm me".

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 09:38 AM
link   
reply to post by shamanix2012

There rioting and burning and killing because their religious leaders are telling them to do so. I doubt if any of the rioters/attackers actually saw this stupid video.

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 10:43 AM
link   
reply to post by shamanix2012

Cop haters are worse than cop defenders.

Sad but true.

I love being right.

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 12:06 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 12:22 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 12:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by OneNationUnder
Forgive me if this was posted, but here's a site that has everything that took place:

www.clevescene.com...

The update was many months ago though.

This little bit of extra information goes a long way in showing how the officer was wrong, thank you. There is no reason an officer should be running around spouting off like a lawless vigilante!

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 01:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000
Oh.... I think this cop's career future might include security guard at Wal Mart....although I'm not even sure that would work. Hmm. I don't have sound here, so couldn't listen at the moment but I can say just by the quote that any city who hires him in Police work of ANY kind once he's out is just asking for a lawsuit in the millions.

Talk about foreseeable cause to any future incident. If this cop so much as bumps a little old lady over while chasing a purse snatcher, this quote will come up..and come up...and come up. What a total moron ...as well as one scary attitude about our Rights for a Civil SERVANT.

Actually there in lies the true problem...

He will most likely be hired in another county, state or city and do the same thing all over again or worse actually shoot people who don't deserve it!

*NEWS FLASH*

He will be let go only to be picked up by another department...shoot someone and then get PAID administrative leave (Hawaiian Vacation)!

I will bet anyone here this is exactly how it will go down.

edit on 18-9-2012 by abeverage because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 02:03 PM
link   
I'm sorry guys

I respect your gun laws as I carried a pistol and am licenced to carry a pistol and various other weapons where I lived. However when I got divorced my weapons were taken from me by the state and not returned until I was assesed to be "stable enough" to be allowed to carry a live weapon again. Had I spoken to any citizen like that my licenses would have been revoked I would have been RTU'd immediately and sent for a check up from the neck up. No questions asked.
Remove these morons immediately without question
Massive background check
These neanderthols need to learn that violence is NOT an answer, threats are NOT an answer and the law is the law
They are NOT the law, merely our servents employed by us to enforce the law.
Treat this moron as if he were the other side of the weapon and react accordingly
Love peace and angels on your pillows

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join