It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

China prepares for a possible war with Japan

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 11:32 PM
link   

Due to a raging dispute with Japan over islands in the East China Sea, the Chinese army has heightened its military exercises on all fronts, including aerial drills by its air force in Tibet as well as by special forces. Chinese state-run CCTV has reported special operations forces from the PLA have begun an annual set of military drills which are aimed at training reconnaissance capabilities and survival skills.

Included in this article China navy is exercising to capturing islands. Looks like china is preparing its forces to engage what it is needed for it to settle the disputes for the "island claims". Specially since there's no foresight diplomatic means to settle disputes. Most of us know preparing military for a conflict for any nation is standard. But is there more to meet the eye? Like the Falklands War?

Let's keep a subtle eye on this as we can, even though the bigger picture lies in the middle east.
edit on 16-9-2012 by Shax35 because: (no reason given)

edit on 16-9-2012 by Shax35 because: (no reason given)

Link
edit on 17-9-2012 by Shax35 because: (no reason given)

edit on 9/17/2012 by semperfortis because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 11:39 PM
link   
Japan are our allies just as much as israel is so i guess if shooting starts between china and japan we will get dragged into it?

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 11:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Shax35

Interesting developments over there, been trying to keep an eye on this.

Due to our treaties, though, war with Japan would be war with the U.S., which China certainly does not want. I'm thinking this is just posturing, though the timing is troubling.

Do you have a link, by the way? Would like to read what you've found.

edit on 16-9-2012 by VariableConstant because: eta

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 11:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Tardacus

Yeah, I'm pretty darn sure if something happened to Japan we will be right in the middle of it. Maybe it's China's roundabout way of getting a piece of the U.S. Oh, Asian wars are never a walk in the park.

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 11:46 PM
link   

I'm sure we'll find some kind of excuse to get into it. We're infamous for sticking our nose in other peoples business.

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 11:47 PM
link   

kinda yeah, our army also defends Japan

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 11:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by VariableConstant
reply to post by Shax35

Due to our treaties, though, war with Japan would be war with the U.S., which China certainly does not want. I'm thinking this is just posturing, though the timing is troubling.

You sure they don't want that?...I think they know as well as we do who owns what...

1984 with a twist...

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 11:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Shax35

Very, very doubtful that a war will occur between the two of them. If it did, I don't think the U.S. would get involved, but then again, I don't believe it would happen in the first place!

Once again, human lives, the progress of humanity are at stake. War is not nearly the proper war to bring about much of what we are going for. Unless pointless domination, destruction, and suffering is what the aim is, then by all means, please go ahead.

And just because war may 'stimulate the economy' doesn't make it morally, or logically sound.

It's this notion that what is good for the economy, is therefore good for humanity. Simply one of the most heinous forms of 'practicality' perpetuated upon us.

link   
www.examiner.com...

Sorry gang, I forgot to post link to article...

Also this part of the article is screwy in my head

Chinese state media have carried pictures of Air Force planes flying over the Himalayas in formation. This photo has been carried as part of a “weekly review” of military pictures. The Chinese fighters have been cruising with live ammunition over the Himalayas.

That's defiantly upping the ending or do most exercises prepare to that degree?

link   

Originally posted by Drala

Originally posted by VariableConstant
reply to post by Shax35

You sure they don't want that?...I think they know as well as we do who owns what...

1984 with a twist...

Not a sure as I would like to be...

Like I said, the timing is troubling. Been wondering if they may be taking advantage of the U.S. having its hands full.

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 11:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tardacus
Japan are our allies just as much as israel is so i guess if shooting starts between china and japan we will get dragged into it?

Yes, The US will defend it's Allie Japan just like we will defend South Korea and Taiwan. I"m sure somehow though esp here at ATS this will get twisted around so as the US are the bad guys...

Meh.

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 11:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Shax35

I would look to china to usurp the islands in question, think tibet. They will try to take it and then dare someone to take it from them, all. The while claiming it was always theirs, just like tibet, and their attempts to take taiwan. They have failed thus far with taiwan, as it has the most heavily fortified coastline on the planet, thanks to Americas military muscle. Also of note, is the law china passed a few years back, making it an act of war for any nation to officially claim taiwan is independent of china in any way. Resulting in the immediate attack of the chinese to take taiwan by force.

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 11:58 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

You are right on that aspect slayer, America is always the boogie man on the ATS forums.. if this was soviet union.. then we be saying the same as well without McDonald french fries

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 12:21 AM
link   
China and Japan just signed a deal to trade with each other without the US dollar.

China and Japan aren't about to go to war with each other. Their playing bluff to get others resources....Japan will side with China to survive. Their honors been trampled on and yes......if it takes siding with China to eventually get it back....that's the route Japan will take.

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 12:22 AM
link   
This will not escalate to War. Not in a million years.

I do believe the Chinese have had 6 "observation" ships in that area, only to return to China blabbing on about how there mission was a great success and how they "sent the message home" to Japan etc etc. What a complete load of tosh. Nothing happened? Nada?

It just screams BS to m, but I can tell you one thing for sure, the Japanese will not back down.

Here is something I have just come across:
www.bbc.co.uk...

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 12:25 AM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

Clearly this is Israel's fault too.

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 12:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tardacus

Yup then were gonna have to take out russia....

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 12:29 AM
link   
reply to post by CaptainBeno

So in the article you have linked.. Japan bought the islands off of china

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 12:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Shax35

The Japanese government signed a deal in September 2012 to purchase three islands from Japanese businessman Kunioki Kurihara, who used to rent them out to the Japanese state

Hmmm not sure old chap? Unless I'm mistaken?

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 12:37 AM
link   
reply to post by inverslyproportional

I think that is their best move. Occupy the islands, as they do have a claim to them, and then if anyone objects then they will be the aggressor, not China.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join