It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Berlin Mayor About Failed Multiculturalism In Berlin (A Brutal Truth)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 10:56 PM
link   
I was quite surprised to read an extremely outspoken and direct piece today in Germany's biggest newspaper, "Bild".

There is a new book where the current mayor of one district in Berlin describes what's going on. The direct and brutal criticism about failed multiculturalism in Berlin quite shocked me - i have never seen such outspoken words and criticism, at least not in MSM media.

This is the more surprising since Berlin is as liberal/multicultural as it can even get (i lived there for about 15 years up to 2000, but it seems have to be gotten much worse lately) PLUS this mayor is actually what you would call a left-winger/liberal.

This is not a "I am against Islam piece" since it does NOT reflect my own experiences, but reading this really makes you shiver. I try to translate some passages of what he says, describing common, nowadays circumstances in "Neukölln" which is a district in Berlin with 41% of Immigrants, mostly Muslims.

District Mayor Heinz B. was born in Berlin Neukölln. Arabic writings are dominating the scenery: A typical shopping street in Neukölln.

This is the BRUTAL REALITY.

"...where one goes into a supermarket, takes something and passes by the checkout without paying, and telling the cashier what will happen if she'd dare to call the police..."

"...it's where people walk in groups of five on the sidewalk side-by-side and everyone else has to yield"

"...it's recommended you stare straight in front of you sitting in your car, while you're stuck on a traffic light, to avoid the glances of those in the car next to you. Because if you were to look left or right, there's a chance those "streetfighters" in the car next to you might tell you "Gotta problem? We can 'solve' that...." [ie. means they'd beat you up]'

"...where little kids or teens need to pay a "fee" to the bullies for using a playground or young women on the street are asked whether they'd like intercourse. And if a bus driver would ask whether one has a ticket he'd expect to get a bottle of Coke spilled out over his head "

"This is a constant, demonstrated ignoring of social and cultural rules such as politeness or respect, the most basic rules how people live together. This is what makes people ask themselves where i am really? Is this still my own town, is this still my country?"

"So many are concluding 'I don't like those people, they don't want to live with me...if so, i don't want to live with them as well'"

"Those are not singled out exceptions, but it is ALWAYS about showing how the Germans don't have anything to say in those matters, they don't care about the rules at all. And, obviously, they're successful at it"

"For example, at Sonnenalle [major street in Neukölln] its common people park in three lanes. One at the sidewalk, second car in the parking lane and the third in the midst of the street. If you, as a driver, have a unlucky day, someone stops rigth in front of you and he'll start chatting with those sitting in a bar/cafe. Do NOT make the mistake now to honk or leave your car! You might get into a unpleasant situation."

NOW - IF YOU THINK THE POLICE CAN DO ANYTHING...YOU ARE WRONG

A "problem" you might possibly have might quickly be "solved" (slang for that someone would beat you up)...if you, as a German, would dare to open your mouth, be prepared to get beaten. It's not different for the cops.

Police is carefully looking not getting too close to those people. Otherwise it might happen their hat or something else might be taken. And then expect a loud debate starting where no-one would even know who that car belongs to and it would be better the cops just leave and leave them alone.

Usually, this happens in a quite aggressive tone. if situations escalate, police needs to call for backup. Usually involving physical violence.

And then it can happen the cops on duty would be asked later, by their supervisors, whether they didn't know that such resistance was expected? Don't they know how such actions will likely be judged in a court?

Usually, such court cases will result in the traffic violator going free and the cops should be happy they didn't get a fine themselves - many judges are not willing to support the police eg. by applying current law.

Commander of police, G. who works in Neukölln for decades already, told me he doesn't remember ANY case of robbery or similar where a woman wearing a Burka was involved. [Basically saying the violence is always against Germans].

The enemy are the hated Germans. It only takes a few minutes via mobile and SMS, and in no time there will be a mob of people. Germans are easy targets.

And this can happen all the time, in all kinds of daily situations. You might have a simple fender bender - prepare for a surprise. Always then if the guy you bumped into happens to be an Immigrant.

If this happens, prepare that you and the other guy will quickly be surrounded by many "witnesses" which all claim to have seen everything in clear detail. No, not the guy behind you bumped into you - it was you who bumped into him.

In case of doubt, there will always be support and help for the ethical brothers. The truth doesn't matter when an "infidel" is involved. And things like that are what makes the people "happy" [Sarcasm] to live here...

We educate our kids living without violence. We despise violence and teach this to our children. But others teach their kids to be strong, brave and always ready to fight. Not exactly a balanced situation...

The outspoken words from a mayor in Berlin, one of the most liberal cities in the world. To me it was highly unusual to read this.

edit on 16-9-2012 by flexy123 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 11:08 PM
link   
. When it was West Berlin, I can say without a doubt it had the highest concentration of A hole youth in the world for a city. They are just crazy, I mean really crazy. It's not just the immigrants it's all the youth there, very anarchistic. They think a good night out is to riot, beat up strangers on the street and then top it off with running battles with the police. I'm not exaggerating. Things might have changed with the unification of Berlin, but I doubt it.
edit on 16-9-2012 by pavil because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 11:09 PM
link   
I suppose that there is a chance that we'll learn before it's too late, but I don't really believe it. You've heard the advice that you shouldn't take a knife to a gun fight? Well, we're bringing lollipops and "Welcome!" brochures to a gun fight.

We have lived by the rules of a relatively rational, peace loving world. The players generally agreed to live by those rules. There is a new player in the world who is not embarassed or ashamed of using violence and destruction, and we seem to have no idea what to do about it.

Many pretend that there isn't any problem. That is such a wide-spread belief that books like yours shock people. They've avoided reality for a long time and now it's being splashed in their faces.

I'd go on, but I'm sad enough to see that the only solutions are fairly drastic ones.

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 11:13 PM
link   
reply to post by flexy123

That's exactly where I live. I'm sitting 5 minutes walking distance from Sonnenallee right now.

While I dislike the concept of "multiculturalism" as it is put into practice here (with ghettoization and an overall failed integration policy) I have to say that this testimony is a vast exaggeration.

Bild is (despite it's large circulation) known for it's tabloid journalism.

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 11:13 PM
link   
Sounds alot like what denver22 posted about flying a st Georges(?)flag during the world cup earlier in Britain

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 11:19 PM
link   

That is just awful things have come to that in Germany. I feel for them. I love the Germans. I was stationed at Rein-Main for a while and the German soldiers there were great, alot of fun to hang out with. Good times. Later I vacationed there for a while traveling all over the country and everyone I met was just so nice and respectful. That was about 5 years ago though and I pretty much just hit up all of they tourist places.

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 11:26 PM
link   
I'll say this. The US purposefully became about multiculturalism. It's kind of our MO- though we don't like the illegal kind. However, the rest of the world is under no obligation to encourage immigration and multicultural anything. Yet, Europe seems to have fallen into the idea that they must do this- and it has wound up being at their own expense/detriment. The rest of the world isn't under that delusion. Sure, they may let some outsiders live among them, but you'd better know your place. People are discovering that everything isn't all sunshine, daisies, rainbows, and koombaya- and it's like there's shock and surprise about it- which is what really baffles me.

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 11:42 PM
link   
reply to post by billy197300

Glad to hear you enjoyed your stay
and let me asure you, Germany is still like that.

It's just some areas in our bigger cities where ghettoization disrupts the necessary balance.
Mutliculturalism can not work when the primary local culture is missing / replaced / separated from the immigrant culture.

Still, as I stated before, this testimony by our district's mayor is a vast exaggeration.
I live here for over 10 years now and I've never witnessed anything like that.

edit on 16-9-2012 by ColCurious because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 11:46 PM
link   
all of those same things that he listed can easily be said about america too.Just replace the name muslim with some other ethnic group and all of those things hold true to american cities.
Multiculturalism seems to be failing everywhere in the world.

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 11:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by LeSigh
I'll say this. The US purposefully became about multiculturalism. It's kind of our MO- though we don't like the illegal kind. However, the rest of the world is under no obligation to encourage immigration and multicultural anything. Yet, Europe seems to have fallen into the idea that they must do this- and it has wound up being at their own expense/detriment. The rest of the world isn't under that delusion. Sure, they may let some outsiders live among them, but you'd better know your place. People are discovering that everything isn't all sunshine, daisies, rainbows, and koombaya- and it's like there's shock and surprise about it- which is what really baffles me.

Your right, the US has always been about multiculturalism from the very beginning. I think that has kind of lead to a different mentality in the immigrants here. I can't speak for all of the US just the part of Houston I live in. There are tons of muslim immigrants here and I am friends with quite a few. They are all respectful and very friendly. The ones I know, here anyway, are outraged and embarrassed at how they are acting in the ME right now.

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 11:52 PM
link   

Link?

Assimilation is the way. No other way of doing things works in such an integrated society, it barely worked when society wasn't integrated. That's one of the major reasons why Rome fell.

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 11:57 PM
link   
reply to post by billy197300

OR I could be completely wrong in my little theory there. Maybe they are just being so nice because everyone, their kids and their dogs have guns around here. Who knows.

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 12:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tardacus
all of those same things that he listed can easily be said about america too.Just replace the name muslim with some other ethnic group and all of those things hold true to american cities.
Multiculturalism seems to be failing everywhere in the world.

Multiculturalism is a screaming success. It was designed to uproot and supplant existing first world cultures with third world cultures, which it is doing fantastically. Countries can be conquered in many ways, one of them is through cultural dilution of the existing culture via uncontrolled mass immigration of people who bring an alternate culture with no plans of assimilating into the existing one, or even wage war per se, on that existing culture.

The West is already completely different culturally than it was 30 years ago, or 20 years ago, and its only going to get worse, because those who have the power to stop it, have no intentions of doing so, because they are all corrupt; all bought and payed for.

The Western states will be only England, France, Germany, America, Australia in name only in coming decades. They will all be unrecognizable in another 30 years, if they arnt already in some places.
edit on 9/17/2012 by CaticusMaximus because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 12:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mr Headshot

Assimilation is the way. No other way of doing things works in such an integrated society, it barely worked when society wasn't integrated.

That's sort of what I tried to say.
Not necessarily assimilation, but a certain degree of cultural adaptation is key.

Here is your link. (German)
edit on 17-9-2012 by ColCurious because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 03:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by CaticusMaximus
Countries can be conquered in many ways, one of them is through cultural dilution of the existing culture via uncontrolled mass immigration of people who bring an alternate culture with no plans of assimilating into the existing one, or even wage war per se, on that existing culture.

The West is already completely different culturally than it was 30 years ago, or 20 years ago, and its only going to get worse.

Here i need to say something, in all fairness.

It is not necessarily ONLY the immigrants and their "behavior" to blame - but also and MAINLY our own society and politicians. "Political Correctness" my #.

In the States this was extreme: They forbade at work to celebrate CHRISTMAS and made it a habit to wish everyone "Nice Holidays" - since in our own, western society, the name "Christmas" obviously cannot be spoken anymore.

What insanity!

Don't get me wrong, i am not religious whatsoever, but i never had a problem with the fact we celebrate Christmas, it's something deep rooted in our own culture.

So...now we remove things which are part of our own, western culture "for the sake of others"...while those would HARDLY do the same thing in their own culture - can you imagine Muslim countries forbidding to celebrate Ramaddhan etc. with respect to some minorities there? This is entirely insane.

There is still a difference whether many immigrants come to our country - or many immigrants come to our country and we VOLUNTARILY change our own culture to accomodate THEM, not vice verse.

We are denying our own culture and watch it going down the drain? Why is that? No one gives a darn about political correctness and we are NOT obligated to please those who come here....if they're offended by what is our own culture they can very well leave again.

edit on 17-9-2012 by flexy123 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join