It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Film protests: Hezbollah urges new Lebanon protest

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 10:12 PM
link   
The leader of the Shia Muslim militant group, Hezbollah, has called for fresh protests in Lebanon on Monday over a film deemed offensive to Muslims.

The world needed to know Muslims "would not be silent in the face of this insult", Sheikh Hassan Nasrallah said.

www.bbc.co.uk...

Well, I think this points out the differences between Muslim and other religions quite nicely. This demonstrates the fact that among other things Muslims are touchy little souls who will always turn to violence in order to prove a point.

I would like to point out that I am in no way a racist nor am I religious in any way. It's just that this speaks for itself and is the "norm" or the "reality" of Muslim culture. In fact, it's all I ever see on TV?

Do we ever see Christian riots? Do we ever see mass demonstrations from Jehovah Witnesses? No........anyone?

Just getting a little tired of the childish violent behavior of these people, especially the latest demonstrations in my country.

Waiting for the flames..........

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 10:50 PM
link   
reply to post by CaptainBeno

It sort of depends on what you mean by flames. People who have been deeply offended in their core values and have to vent their emotions? Nah, you won't get any of that. What you will get is a bunch of very strange and unpleasant people choosing the pre-programmed responses from their "Internet Attacks" notebooks. Here's what you'll see:

"Of course that's all you ever see on TV. That's because television is controlled by the Zionist Jews in Hollywood and New York." OR. "That's all you''ll ever see on TV because the US government controls it and they want to stir up hate for the Muslims in preparation for destroying them in war."

You'll also get: "Well the US and Christianity are just as bad." And "They wouldn't be acting this way if they hadn't been mistreated by the US and Christians." Oh, just forgot one. You will be told that the thousands of Muslims who are killing and destroying things around the world are only a Teensy-tiny minority and every other Muslim is just waiting to have their application for Rotary accepted.

Just for this thread, you'll get people noticing that you used the words "Childish" and "Little." You will, therefore, be accused of racism, condescension, and an abusive and insulting attitude.

The reason I'm so sure, is that these are the only responses that are not immediately laughable. Granted it only takes a few seconds to start laughing at these, but the difference is what earns them a place in the Muslim Defense Manual.

Somwhere on ATS, you might find another defense. If so, add it here and we can all have our own Muslim Defense Manual.

P.s. Ooops, just noticed you used the word "violent." That triggers the line "It's the US that are the violent terrorists."
edit on 16-9-2012 by charles1952 because: P.s.

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 11:02 PM
link   
reply to post by charles1952

That my friend is an awesome reply..............thank you.

You are also spot on.

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 11:08 PM
link   
"Oh my God! We have been insulted! Quick, you must riot and demonstrate!"

To Demonstrate what exactly? To show the world you are not violent and have dummy spits at the slightest hint critique?

Yeah right, you doing a great job.

Vent over.

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 11:10 PM
link   
I very much respect Nasrallah and Hezbollah. Without them many more people would have been murdered by the Israelis in their 2006 attack on Lebanon. Once Hezbollah stood up to the invasion, the IDF flew jets over the two army's front lines and dropped cluster bombs on the civilians in Lebanon. This is why the Israeli and U.S. governments hate Hezbollah, because they stood up to an Israeli invasion.

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 11:16 PM
link   

Dear CaptainBeno,

Apparently I forgot two things.

You'll also get: "Well the US and Christianity are just as bad." And "They wouldn't be acting this way if they hadn't been mistreated by the US and Christians."
I forgot to add Israel in there.

The other thing I've forgotten is that, sometimes, when you're really strong and on top of your game, you'll get "Well, you're so closed minded, that I just won't talk to you." The alternative to that is just being ignored from the start.

And no, I don't think we have a new entry for the Muslim Defense Manual, here.

With respect,
Charles1952

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 12:34 AM
link   

I love these idiots. They couldn't have a team of writers come up with this comedy. They want "THE WORLD" to know they won't be insulted.

Guess what Hezbollah - You're butthurt is legendary. Not only does the world see how butthurt you are, but just how easily you get that special kind of butthurt.

You see Hezbollah, what you're calling for demonstrates how backward you are. One silly old fart produces a video even the South Park creators would balk at, and you call on protests to tell the world how bad it is. THE WORLD DIDN'T DO IT, DUMB DUMBS.

Besides, doesn't 4 lives taken by your extremist buddies write off any price you can now call for?

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 12:39 AM
link   
reply to post by winofiend

Absolutely correct. They just go on and on and on and on making themselves look like idiots.

It's very/ no extremely laughable.

How can a whole religion be encouraged to have a dummy spit over a silly film? It is just so stupid??

Words fail me. Really they do.

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 12:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by trysts
I very much respect Nasrallah and Hezbollah. Without them many more people would have been murdered by the Israelis in their 2006 attack on Lebanon. Once Hezbollah stood up to the invasion, the IDF flew jets over the two army's front lines and dropped cluster bombs on the civilians in Lebanon. This is why the Israeli and U.S. governments hate Hezbollah, because they stood up to an Israeli invasion.

Lol, safely from your home in the US. How terrible it must be.

Respecting violent criminals... oh well, as long as you continue to hate on the US, one of many voices on the internet from people who will never meet one of their heroes.

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 07:20 AM
link   

Whatever...

The Lebanese guerrilla group Hezbollah surprised Israel with a bold daylight assault across the border on Wednesday, leading to fighting in which two Israeli soldiers were captured and at least eight killed, and elevating recent tensions into a serious two-front battle.

The fighting on the Lebanese border erupted around 9 a.m., when Hezbollah attacked several Israeli towns with rocket fire, wounding several civilians, the Israeli military said. Israeli civilians rushed into their bomb shelters and many remained there through the day.

But that attack was a diversion for the main operation, several miles to the east, where Hezbollah militants fired antitank missiles at two armored Humvees patrolling the Israeli side of the border fence, the military said. Of the seven soldiers in the two jeeps, three were killed, two were wounded and two were abducted, the military said.

Same old story, different day. This is why Hezbollah is hated.

www.nytimes.com...

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 09:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by winofiend

Lol, safely from your home in the US. How terrible it must be.

Respecting violent criminals... oh well, as long as you continue to hate on the US, one of many voices on the internet from people who will never meet one of their heroes.

What do you mean by, "safely from your home"? I think the resistance of Hezbollah stopped Lebanon from being occupied by Israel in 2006. I don't think it's criminal to fight against an invasion.

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 09:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Deetermined

Whatever...

The Lebanese guerrilla group Hezbollah surprised Israel with a bold daylight assault across the border on Wednesday, leading to fighting in which two Israeli soldiers were captured and at least eight killed, and elevating recent tensions into a serious two-front battle.

The fighting on the Lebanese border erupted around 9 a.m., when Hezbollah attacked several Israeli towns with rocket fire, wounding several civilians, the Israeli military said. Israeli civilians rushed into their bomb shelters and many remained there through the day.

But that attack was a diversion for the main operation, several miles to the east, where Hezbollah militants fired antitank missiles at two armored Humvees patrolling the Israeli side of the border fence, the military said. Of the seven soldiers in the two jeeps, three were killed, two were wounded and two were abducted, the military said.

Same old story, different day. This is why Hezbollah is hated.

www.nytimes.com...

No, Hezbollah is hated because they stand up to Israeli murder, oppression, and invasion.

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 01:27 PM
link   

No, Hezbollah is hated because they stand up to Israeli murder, oppression, and invasion.

Hezbollah is hated because they strap bombs to their soldiers body, order them to get inside an Israeli bus, and then tell them that if they blow them-selfs up inside the bus, full of israelis, they will go to heaven and will be considered heroes and martyrs.

They are also the ones who tell kids to throw rocks at israeli soldiers, vehicles and buildings, because "they are the enemy", and with that they create an endless cycle of violence and hate.

Children can't possibly hope for a future of peace if they are taught that violence is the only way.

Hezbollah waged an asymmetrical guerrilla war against Israel using suicide attacks against the Israel Defense Forces (IDF) and against Israeli targets outside of Lebanon. Hezbollah is reputed to have been among the first Islamic resistance groups to use tactical suicide bombing, assassination, and capturing foreign soldiers in the Middle East.

Source

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 01:34 PM
link   
Muslims are worse than Italian movie gangsters when it comes to being insulted.

Is there something in the Koran that outlines how a follower of Islam is to behave when faced with disrespect of their religion?

EDIT- nevermind...

Qur'an (6:93) - "Who can be more wicked than one who inventeth a lie against Allah?"

Qur'an (33:61) - "Accursed, they will be seized wherever found and slain with a (fierce) slaughter."
source
edit on 9/17/2012 by RedParrotHead because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 02:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by GarrusVasNormandy

Hezbollah is hated because they strap bombs to their soldiers body, order them to get inside an Israeli bus, and then tell them that if they blow them-selfs up inside the bus, full of israelis, they will go to heaven and will be considered heroes and martyrs.

They are also the ones who tell kids to throw rocks at israeli soldiers, vehicles and buildings, because "they are the enemy", and with that they create an endless cycle of violence and hate.

Children can't possibly hope for a future of peace if they are taught that violence is the only way.

Hezbollah waged an asymmetrical guerrilla war against Israel using suicide attacks against the Israel Defense Forces (IDF) and against Israeli targets outside of Lebanon. Hezbollah is reputed to have been among the first Islamic resistance groups to use tactical suicide bombing, assassination, and capturing foreign soldiers in the Middle East.

Source

Those poor children don't need Hezbollah to tell them to throw rocks at IDF vehicles, when they have been brought up in a place where Israel is the enemy in a continuous war against them. And people don't kill themselves with suicide bombings because of Allah. They kill themselves and others in suicide bombings because for generations now, Israel has been murdering their friends and families. It's horrible.
You should watch "The battle of Algiers", to see what a guerrilla war campaign against an imperial power really is like. It's ugly and disgusting. Hezbollah against Israel, is like a few thousand people against the U.S. military.

www.youtube.com...
edit on 17-9-2012 by trysts because: I added a short video of the 2006 war.

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 06:22 PM
link   
Just loving the images coming in from Sydney.

au.news.yahoo.com...

Jeeeez this is getting out of hand?

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 06:29 PM
link   
We ought to just call all our diplomats home.
Let the crazy people burn down their own cities in a fit of indignant rage.

Diplomacy doesn't work with crazy.

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 06:42 PM
link   
reply to post by subject x

I get what you are putting down.

Crazy indeed, it is almost laughable. The muslim religious nutter clerics will go to any length to make a point.

Here is the latest on the beeb this morning (Australia time):

www.bbc.co.uk...

Hezbollah's leader Sheikh Hassan Nasrallah had not appeared in public since December 2011

The leader of Lebanon's Shia movement Hezbollah has appeared in public for the first time since December 2011 to denounce the amateur anti-Islam film which has sparked worldwide protests.

Speaking at a rally in Beirut, Sheikh Hassan Nasrallah said the US faces "very dangerous" repercussions if it allows the full video to be released.

New protests erupted around the Muslim world on Monday over the US-made video.

Violent demonstrations were held in Afghanistan and Pakistan.

At least one protester was killed in protests in Pakistan and thousands attended an angry rally in the Philippines city of Marawi.

Weapons were fired and police cars torched in the Afghan capital, Kabul.

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 07:01 PM
link   

In a rare public appearance, Sheikh Hassan Nasrallah told a rally in the capital Beirut that the world did not understand the "breadth of the humiliation" caused by the "worst attack ever on Islam".

Worst attack ever on Islam???? Are you kidding me??? Really??? You really need to get out more often.
My mates really take the piss down at the local watering house, God knows how you would feel after a night with them?

Harden up princess.

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 08:11 AM
link   
reply to post by trysts

Those poor children don't need Hezbollah to tell them to throw rocks at IDF vehicles, when they have been brought up in a place where Israel is the enemy in a continuous war against them.

Those poor children are manipulated into continuing the war and conflict. If one of the sides were to take up peace seriously, a new opportunity would appear, and that opportunity could be used to make a new start.

Kids are innocent and naive, they behave like they are told to behave. People tell them that Israel is the devil and all that crap, and they believe it, and focus their life into attacking anything that comes from Israel.

I'm not even going to mention the damage caused on Israel's side, the fact that these kids are being trained since young age to hate and oppose everything that Israel or the West does, is the true sadness in this.

And people don't kill themselves with suicide bombings because of Allah. They kill themselves and others in suicide bombings because for generations now, Israel has been murdering their friends and families. It's horrible.

So, I guess that the Israeli families who get blown up by those bombers don't matter.

You are blind to the true nature of the conflict. You don't even realize that both sides are to blame for the violence. Neither Israel nor Palestine have given peace a chance. Several times, cease fires were negotiated, and several times both disrespected them.

You should watch "The battle of Algiers"

You should watch all the battles that Israel had to endure since day 1.

to see what a guerrilla war campaign against an imperial power really is like. It's ugly and disgusting. Hezbollah against Israel, is like a few thousand people against the U.S. military.

It's ugly and disgusting because they want to fight like that.

top topics

join