It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Zombies under attack in counterterrorism training program

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 02:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Insearchofthetruth1987
they are using the zombies excuse as a diversion!!!!

its possibly an exercise to de-humanise the soldiers/mercenaries into being able to pull the trigger...
train em for zombies...
spray some sort of bio-agent on the unruly population that makes them sluggish and unable to speak
social unrest by real people then is passed off as the "real deal zombie apocalypse"

making murder of fellow citizens like a recent zombie video game and "much fun"

This is what instantly crossed my mind the second after i finished reading this article. Instead of having the mercs shoot targets of pieces of paper with dudes standing there, place zombies there instead, and have the mercs become desensitized to blasting people away after spending months in all day intensive training shooting at inhuman targets. When they have a person in there sights, they don't see a horrified/angry/fearless individual, they'll just remember blasting zombie brains from training. That and the large amount of brainwashing and indoctrination i'm sure these guys are subjected to.

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 02:57 PM
link   
Star and flag for the interesting read, I for one never even heard of HALO Corp until now

Lets keep our eyes on these "ELITE forces"

As for the zombie thing
Just hand me a sword... any will do as long as it slices off their zombie heads

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 03:27 PM
link   
reply to post by sheepslayer247

mmmm that’s crazy interesting but crazy possible. Ever think that instead of making a virus that would make everyone zombies that it would be easier to hypnotize the military to see normal people as zombies....now that is scary! hi hi hi and the subject of a great movie! Imagine that you are sitting on your sofa and boom guns ablaze and the person pulling the trigger really sees a zombie but wait not real they just see it, now that is out there but as possible if not more than an actual zombie. : )

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 03:30 PM
link   
reply to post by CanadianBlueTrue

Now thats a scenario I never thought of and a good possibility. Think about it. Im former military, I know how easy it is to coral and control an entire base. And with all the supposed mind control stuff going on, if it was real, imagine how easy it would be to convince soldiers there is a zombie out break. Star for you. Good thinking.

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 03:47 PM
link   
Mhh, this is so a mystery from all I have herd, these are them. (1) We are in a rough year and years ahead with the solar activity and this charged particle cloud our solar system is heading in. (2) I herd our governments were downing alien craft and then interrogate them at area 51, so the greys got mad about this and sent a alien in a space craft to earth and the alien aboard had a virus in them that was very dangerous to humans. Any ways long story short the laboratories at area 51 seen this virus in there rooms and shortly after the alarms were raised, area 51 was under quarantine, and the facility was no longer safe in some levels so the area 51 operation was moved to a new location. Some workers at area 51 managed to escape and may contain the alien virus in them. Now the dark governments are working hard on finding these escaped people as they may pose a threat to other humans. (3) With all these solar flares and gamma rays hitting earth from a classified incoming object from our milky way, these gamma rays and solar radiation is mutation DNA all over the globe, its the reason for barium being sprayed in the clouds as it works good at absorbing radiation. (4) Dark governments in other nations are working on a dangerous virus that if set in the public, it would mutate DNA and cause people to act like zombies. I find all these very interesting, either way, death is nothing to fear, its simply a transition. We will move to a new vessel once we die. Although I would like to stay as long as I could to help earth and serve the light.

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 04:21 PM
link   
I think this is awesome. Why can't our soldiers have a bit of fun, while learning tactical methods.

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 05:05 PM
link   
This would be such a fun scenario! I think it's a fun way to celebrate halloween.

But really people, why would the government want to release a virus that turns people to zombies? There are many more efficient ways to kill off a group of people and in a "non-conspicuous" way.

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 05:06 PM
link   
I will have to get my zombie preparedness kit

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 05:29 PM
link   
reply to post by sheepslayer247

Who else are they working with the Umbrella corp

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 05:41 PM
link   
So what if the zombies reign supreme in this exercise? That would be an interesting turn of events. im looking forward to results, hope they get posted her.

My question to the zombie nuts (am one myself) is, what if your the 1st zombie? what would you want us to do with you? Kill you, capture and study you? use you as a perimeter gaurd shackled to trees?

If I was the 1st id go with the last choice, I would like to be your zombie privacy fence to fend off survivers only as long as its a ATS member im helping.

I believe the ultimate skeptic will be the 1st to go, he sees a hoard of zombies and believes that its a joke, well budy the jokes on you nom nom nom.

Sorry for the offtopic stuff, just feel like talking :p

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

edit on 17-9-2012 by strafgod because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 06:06 PM
link   
Replace zombie with "common tax payer" and you have the real story!

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 06:15 PM
link   
I want to be one of the zombie actors..lol

Then I can come back to ATS and tell everyone how it was a bunch of bull# wasting tax money.

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 06:41 PM
link   
I find this interesting, although I'm not too hardcore for zombies.

All I know in case of a zombie attack, my friends and I are heading to our townhall/police station. That place is loaded with guns and communications, plus its a pretty fortified building...aside from the glass doors.

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 06:42 PM
link   
reply to post by RealSpoke

That would be fun experience of government pork.

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 06:49 PM
link   
So ..

CDC has the "Zombie Preparedness Program"
Navy Times published the “zombie war deployment guide”
HALO Corp, a domestic paramilitary "security firm" is set to hold a "zombie crisis scenario"
ASW, a California based architecture firm recently held a competition to design the best "zombie safe house"

I know it's all fun and games (right?). It's just that if you go reread the competition rules and the deployment guide and the preparedness program and take a second look at the crisis scenario while keeping in mind just how much the zombie mobs would resemble the non military and mostly primitively armed public, should it revolve, then ..

.. then it's just eerie.

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 08:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gridrebel
NO zombies....just not possible.....we can't even cure the common cold. NOW we can create zombies.....in their dreams. This is just a diversion, I'm not even for sure from whom. Maybe too many people have watched
"The hills have eyes"....

I don't get the flu vaccine, but the "common cold" is simply the influenza virus. It mutates constantly. It is, most likely, the most difficult virus to ever eradicate completely. I would expect an effective vaccine for HIV and Ebola long before a be-all, end-all "common cold" (aka every possible influenza strain, ever) vaccine.

Anyhow, I'm guessing this is simply a "fun" training exercise, and one that could not only be more engaging for young troops raised on FPS video games, but one which can also help to desensitize them more easily to killing, while also taking care not to offend any one group. Its not a training exercise against Islamic terrorists, Irish terrorists, "Constitutionalist" Patriots, Russians, or Chinese, its just zombies. Faceless, nameless...we're just preparing for warefare "in general."

Honestly, sensible, for a number of reasons. Now thathsaid, I DO believe that a "zombie apocalypse" is very possible (at least, as far as apocoli (or is it apocolypses?) go. A sudden "must-get" "vaccine" to protect everyone for the pending doom of a pandemic disease (or even not a must-get, but one where most of the population is sufficiently frightened to get it anyhow) is put out. Unfortunately, instead of protecting from the real or fake threat of the disease, it disengages higher brain function, reducing people to primal states, it activates production of brain chemicals favoring aggression, deactivates pain receptors as another poster suggested, and viola! Zombie pandemic.

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 10:28 PM
link   
You know.. I've been thinking.. What if, they aren't really preparing for zombies. But an actual invasion. Now, I highly doubt the US will be invaded but you never know. Well now that I think about it even more, what if they are actually preparing people for the collapse? Self-defense and survival techniques would fit the same as a zombie apocalypse I assume.

The collapse is a better fit, but it could go either way.

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 12:28 AM
link   
thats because they have made a new virus, the spores that turn ants into zombies has been mixed to mutate to humans , and in 4 years they will release it

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 01:08 AM
link   
Let me tell ya guys, that there comes a point when things stop being amusing, and become downright sad. I think that point has been reached regarding zombies ever becoming a reality. The chances of this happening are so remote that it is safe to assume nothing of the sort will ever occur. The cases we've heard about recently are not actually "zombie" cases, but rather drug-related behavior.

A typical zombie, as most would think of them, would arise from some disease or virus that caused the familiar traits...but the big difference would be that these traits wouldn't wear off. The zombies in the media get better within 24 hours, depending on the half-life of the substance they ingested. So anyway, to have something like a virus turn a person into an actual brain-craving zombie is ridiculous. I hope this is something that we collectively realize, and that mentions of zombies are more tongue-in-cheek than anything else. I really hope, for the sake of the human race...Not that I would be scared of zombies. I'm more afraid of the spread of ignorance, lol.

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 02:39 AM
link   

edit on 18-9-2012 by sirbadazz because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join