It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

i got stuck in quicksand today.

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 01:16 PM
link   
Sexy blonde stuck in a non newtonian fluid. Yummy. You know, i wish i had named this thread "i got stuck in a non newtownian fluid" lol. Anyway i wanna rescue her! And then shell be so glad i saved her life shell definitely go on a date :p

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 02:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by phroziac

Originally posted by trysts

On behalf of the squirrels, I would like to thank the quicksand.

What happens when the squirrels become overpopulated, which is compensated by coyotes eating them, causing a boom in the coyote population? coyotes have no natural predators, and eat pets, livestock, ......

And we eat them. Are cows less important?

All animals seem to have one natural predator, phroziac, but there's not enough quicksand in the world to stop them: People armed with guns and excuses to use them. Poor squirrels...

So youre vegan then?

Yes.

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 03:04 PM
link   
reply to post by trysts

So what happens when said coyotes eat your pets, and kids?

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 05:45 PM
link   

reply to post by trysts

You're saving children by shooting squirrels?

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 09:40 PM
link   

reply to post by trysts

Like i said earlier, if the population of them isnt controlled they will cause a boom in coyote populations, which have no natural predator here because they arent supposed to be here anyway. And its not like the squirrels are endangered....

Plants are sentient too anyway.

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 10:18 PM
link   

reply to post by trysts

Like i said earlier, if the population of them isnt controlled they will cause a boom in coyote populations, which have no natural predator here because they arent supposed to be here anyway. And its not like the squirrels are endangered....

Plants are sentient too anyway.

If a coyote attacks your child, or an animal you care for, then stop that coyote. If coyotes are around killing squirrels, then the squirrels leave that area. They don't stick around. You don't kill beings because they are capable of harming your children, you stop them if they try to harm your children. You make no sense to me, phroziac.
edit on 19-9-2012 by trysts because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 10:40 PM
link   
Dude, from one Michigander to another...your title is misleading and you know it.

the ground was starting to feel a little bit muddy. All of a sudden im up to my freakin knees in uhm....quick peat? Quick mud? Like quick sand but heavier and stickier.

35yrs. here in Mi. and there's NO quicksand in ANY the woods. Just bad pockets of mud (which you found yourself in one).

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 11:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by will615
Dude, from one Michigander to another...your title is misleading and you know it.

the ground was starting to feel a little bit muddy. All of a sudden im up to my freakin knees in uhm....quick peat? Quick mud? Like quick sand but heavier and stickier.

35yrs. here in Mi. and there's NO quicksand in ANY the woods. Just bad pockets of mud (which you found yourself in one).

I used to fall in them 'mud pits' all the time back in the early '80's playing out in the woods.

edit on 19-9-2012 by will615 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 11:16 PM
link   
reply to post by will615

There are a lot of pockets of quickclay or Leda clay in upper Michigan. I spent a lot of time stream fishing and out in the woods over the last forty five years. It isn't quicksand but the same properties are observed, the head of the falls river looks like it has real quicksand. I've been stuck in quickclay often, the more energy you give to it the more you sink. I've seen the earth turn to liquid as a backhoe digs and return to earth as the bucket is pulled away.

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 11:21 PM
link   
reply to post by phroziac

if you were able to reach back in and grab your shoes then it sounds like you didnt realy get that deep in it,

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 11:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by rickymouse
reply to post by will615

It isn't quicksand

Yes,rickymouse...that's my whole point. It feels like it is, but isn't.
edit on 19-9-2012 by will615 because: nevermind. just posted in the quote box.

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 11:36 PM
link   
reply to post by will615

You can walk on snow easily but if you concentrate the energy you liquify the snow by giving it energy to break the cohesion bonds. You then sink. Snowshoes spread out your walking energy so it doesn't exceed the limits in a small area to break the bonds. Quickmud and quicksand have similar properties, the energy you feed it liquifies it and you can sink down to the underground stream that feeds nearby springs. You can sink very deep and the more you struggle the deeper you go. laying back and rolling out is the best thing to do. spreading your energy out like the snowshoes works good. Been up to my waste in the stuff one time back when I was about ten, My father helped me out. If you stand on the sand in the water by the beach by lake suoperior during some waves, the energy of the waves makes your feet sink in the sand. That is kinda neat, if you stand there motionless sometimes you can sink eight inches in a little while. I wonder what big waves could do.

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 07:41 AM
link   
I know its not quicksand but that was the best term i could think of. Especially since soil in this area is essentially sand....with organic material added. It has the exact same properties as quick sand but quick sand is easier to get out of.

And we have another woods in my area, at grand mere state park, with sand....in the woods. So.....

Originally posted by pryingopen3rdeye
reply to post by phroziac

if you were able to reach back in and grab your shoes then it sounds like you didnt realy get that deep in it,

I was at a point. The shoes werent pulled out from their deepest, i couldntve reached them.
edit on 20-9-2012 by phroziac because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join