It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nibiru: Just the facts ma'am.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 05:48 PM
link   
Carl Sagan once said, "Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence." In other words, the bigger your claim is, you better have an equal amount or more evidence to show for it.

Since I was first freaked out over Planet X (back in 2003 I believe), I've become very interested in what actual evidence was available to confirm it was real.

Needless to say, after almost 10 years, I feel I have enough evidence. Unfortunately, all of it isn't flattering for the Nibiru believers.

- The Sumerians knowledge of cosmology and astronomy was fragmented and, for the most part, incorrect. They knew about the planets up to and including Saturn, but they flubbed on everything else.

- The Sumerians believed Nibiru had a collision with Earth and tore it in half. Knowing what we know now, we wouldn't exist if that was the case. Regardless, how would they have known? (Protip: ALIENS is not a valid argument).

- Nibiru was the name given to Jupiter by the Sumerians. Jupiter = Nibiru

- The Mayan calender ending on December 21, 2012 has nothing to do with the end of the world. Far from it, not even modern Mayans believe that. December 21, 2012 might not even be the correct date. Regardless, the end of the Mayan calendar is as interesting as you replacing your yearly calendar with a new one.

- What a coincidence, Nibiru will just happen to show up at the end of the Mayan calendar. The Mayans, by the by, said nothing of Nibiru coming or anything like it.

- The Hopi prophecies, commonly linked with 2012, are most likely bogus. The Hopi do not discuss such things with outsiders. The main three English translations of the Hopi prophecies are either bad translation (akin to the old "Jack told Nancy, Nancy told Blake, Blake told me" syndrome which happens a lot with these sorts of things), or are vulgar misrepresentations and flat out made up. They're an insult to the history and culture of the Hopi, and if there's one thing that 2012ers can get me upset about, it's quoting Hopi prophecies that they know nothing about. The Thomas Banacyca, Frank Waters, and Lee Waters.

- So, Nibiru just happens to travel behind the sun. No, wait, it's invisible to the naked eye. No, wait, it's over there under the moon. No, wait...

- Amateur astronomers are not all "good astronomers." When you post 100 videos pointing at Venus, or video artifacts, or sun dogs, or any other explainable phenomenon and saying they're Nibiru, you're not a "good astronomer", especially when you disable comments and delete messages from others who provide tangible evidence that you're wrong.

- Humans have been saying the end of the world was near for thousands of years, some of who had more evidence for it than anything 2012ers can muster up.

In closing, I would like to say that this thread is not an insult to 2012ers. You're free to believe what you wish about anything, that is your right. But there are a allt of falsehoods, misconceptions, and some outright lies all over the Nibiru/2012 theory. 

Please, use your heads, take a neutral stance, and with logic and reasoning you will find the truth.

As the Buddha said:

“What is evil? Killing is evil, lying is evil, slandering is evil, abuse is evil, gossip is evil: envy is evil, hatred is evil, to cling to false doctrine is evil; all these things are evil. And what is the root of evil? Desire is the root of evil, illusion is the root of evil.”

Namaste and love to you all.

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 06:18 PM
link   
reply to post by ManjushriPrajna

Needless to say, after almost 10 years, I feel I have enough evidence. Unfortunately, all of it isn't flattering for the Nibiru believers.

Well where is it? You have not sourced any of your evidence. Is this just your opinion or did you get the information from other sources?

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 06:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by ManjushriPrajna
- The Sumerians believed Nibiru had a collision with Earth and tore it in half.

It has been said a lot that at some time the Earth was hit by some thing big.
and this may have made the moon.
this did happen many many milions of years ago.

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 06:29 PM
link   
Being on an iPhone, it was difficult enough for me to type all of that to begin with. I will gladly source it a when I get home. In the meantime, Google is a very handy tool for truth seekers. It just requires you to read, though.

Also, I want to make it clear that everything I've said thus far is not off base, and is evidence to me. It will take some time for some of it, as I didn't plan to make this thread ten years ago

Essentially, the point of the thread is this. They provide evidence, I debunk it for myself, and list reasons why. It's now your job to debunk my points. If you make a good argument, it may very well turn me into a believer.

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 06:32 PM
link   
reply to post by buddha

The way the mythology suggests, it wasn't all that long ago, and it did much more damage to a much younger Earth. That still begs the question, however: How would the Sumerians know?

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 06:34 PM
link   

Since I was first freaked out over Planet X (back in 2003 I believe), I've become very interested in what actual evidence was available to confirm it was real.

Did you really feel fear about it without having all the facts to base your fear on??

Even if it were real, there would still be nothing to freak out over?

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 06:39 PM
link   
reply to post by yourmaker

When you're a young kid into conspiracy theories, when people you believe to be intelligent, who sound rational and provide a basis for what they believe, it seems very plausible. Of course I freaked out. I still believed in ghosts and demons, for goodness sake. :p

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 07:04 PM
link   
Ok, so maybe the niburu theory could be a bit off, or again misinterpreted, the niburu theory being a planet could be a misinterpretation I mean.

In the text that were deciphered it may be established that they were talking about something, just like oMayan, Hopi, and even Christianity talk of something coming or returning, if the text were not describing a planet, but do describe something, what? Or do you think sitchens just made up the whole thing. I myself think it was the fact he was saying it was a planet that went wrong, because there is no planet.

What have other scholars made of the sumarians story? The truth is out there.....somewhere.....in peices.

I'm not a believer in the niburu planetX theory, but I believe there is a chance It could be something else.

Wifi

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 07:19 PM
link   
I believe Nibiru can actually refer to Venus. Nibiru is knows as the Planet of the crossing. Only Venus crosses the Sun from the Earths point of view. ( you did say just the facts) Many of the things said about Nibiru fit what we know about Venus.

It the runaway greenhouse theory of Venus is correct, this means that it's possible Venus once had a thriving technologically advanced population and they could have caused a global warming effect like many scientists believe is the greatest threat to this planet. It's interesting that NASA does not have Venus scheduled to study at all on it's future list of planets we will explore. It seems this is The One Planet we should explore first so we can learn about how that greenhouse came about and how it might come about or be prevented on earth.

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 02:50 AM
link   
Don't know about the credibility of these guys, but the video seems interesting.. Seems like it's legit also.

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 03:40 AM
link   
Quite off-topic, but probably as a non-native English speaker every time I see the word 'muster' I think of 'mustard', and it gets me hungry...

And I don't even like mustard

On topic, I share most of the thoughts here too... I am aware of the 'Planet X/Nibiru prophecy' since 2007, and was a believer for quite some time but none of the predictions so far have proven to be truth.

I remember looking forward with excitement to 2009, when a second sun will appear in the sky (lol). I do believe that 2012 can be a year of change, we as a specie are getting close to a turning point, but I take every second sun prophecy/prediction with a giant grain of salt.

That is, YT cannot provide any real proof, but only illusions considered as 'evidence'. If there ever was or ever will be a second sun, I will notice it while sun gazing.

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 04:40 PM
link   

Planet X References Found In Popular Science Magazines of the Past

This is a pretty interesting little video.

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 05:04 PM
link   
reply to post by ManjushriPrajna

The Sumerians believed Nibiru had a collision with Earth and tore it in half
No. There is no evidence that the Sumerians believed any such thing. But Zecharia Sitchin believed that Sumerian tablets said that a planet called Tiamat was hit by a moon of Nibiru and split into pieces, one of which eventually became Earth.

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 05:06 PM
link   
reply to post by buddha

Yes. Four billion years is many many millions of years but Sitchin's ideas about the origin of Earth don't really hold up to orbital physics whereas the giant impact theory of the origin of the Moon does.

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 05:11 PM
link   
reply to post by DarknStormy

Don't know about the credibility of these guys

That would be a big zero.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 05:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Unity_99

This thread is about Nibiru, not Planet X.

Besides, Popular Science says Planet X was found:

THE new, ninth planet hitherto known only as Planet X has officially been christened. Its name is Pluto.

www.popsci.com...

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 03:11 PM
link   

Carl Sagan once said, "Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence." In other words, the bigger your claim is, you better have an equal amount or more evidence to show for it.

- The Sumerians knowledge of cosmology and astronomy was fragmented and, for the most part, incorrect. They knew about the planets up to and including Saturn, but they flubbed on everything else.

- The Sumerians believed Nibiru had a collision with Earth and tore it in half. Knowing what we know now, we wouldn't exist if that was the case. Regardless, how would they have known? (Protip: ALIENS is not a valid argument).

- Nibiru was the name given to Jupiter by the Sumerians. Jupiter = Nibiru

- The Mayan calender ending on December 21, 2012 has nothing to do with the end of the world. Far from it, not even modern Mayans believe that. December 21, 2012 might not even be the correct date. Regardless, the end of the Mayan calendar is as interesting as you replacing your yearly calendar with a new one.

- What a coincidence, Nibiru will just happen to show up at the end of the Mayan calendar. The Mayans, by the by, said nothing of Nibiru coming or anything like it.

- The Hopi prophecies, commonly linked with 2012, are most likely bogus. The Hopi do not discuss such things with outsiders. The main three English translations of the Hopi prophecies are either bad translation (akin to the old "Jack told Nancy, Nancy told Blake, Blake told me" syndrome which happens a lot with these sorts of things), or are vulgar misrepresentations and flat out made up. They're an insult to the history and culture of the Hopi, and if there's one thing that 2012ers can get me upset about, it's quoting Hopi prophecies that they know nothing about. The Thomas Banacyca, Frank Waters, and Lee Waters.

- So, Nibiru just happens to travel behind the sun. No, wait, it's invisible to the naked eye. No, wait, it's over there under the moon. No, wait...

- Amateur astronomers are not all "good astronomers." When you post 100 videos pointing at Venus, or video artifacts, or sun dogs, or any other explainable phenomenon and saying they're Nibiru, you're not a "good astronomer", especially when you disable comments and delete messages from others who provide tangible evidence that you're wrong.

- Humans have been saying the end of the world was near for thousands of years, some of who had more evidence for it than anything 2012ers can muster up.

In closing, I would like to say that this thread is not an insult to 2012ers. You're free to believe what you wish about anything, that is your right. But there are a allt of falsehoods, misconceptions, and some outright lies all over the Nibiru/2012 theory. 

Please, use your heads, take a neutral stance, and with logic and reasoning you will find the truth.

As the Buddha said:

“What is evil? Killing is evil, lying is evil, slandering is evil, abuse is evil, gossip is evil: envy is evil, hatred is evil, to cling to false doctrine is evil; all these things are evil. And what is the root of evil? Desire is the root of evil, illusion is the root of evil.”

Namaste and love to you all.

Wow, you wasted 10 years of your life on this? That just may be the saddest thing I've ever read on these boards.
I also have to add this, desire is not the root of evil it is the catalist for progress and change. Anyone who says that desire is evil only wants to stagnate mankinds progress. Entrophy is the road to death.

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 03:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by buddha

Yes that is true, it is believed that the moon was part of the earth that was torn off in a collision.

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 01:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by buddha

I believe we are sticking with facts. Billions of years ago a planet hit Earth and BOTH planets were destroyed. Part of the resulting collision was able to escape Earth's atmosphere and became satellites. This debris eventually formed the Moon. The planet that collided with Earth was absorbed into Earth.

So now we have proof Nibiru was destroyed billions of years ago and no longer exists if we follow your line of thinking.

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 07:35 AM
link   
Actually you have some of your facts wrong... the correct story is that the original solar system went mercury venus mars tiamat saturn jupiter.. so forth

tiamat was a jumbo earth type planet with its own moon.... nibiru came in from outer space as it came in it threaded between saturn and mars which pulled off a few chunks of nibiru creating four moons. nibiru came closest to tiamat but did NOT hit it, the four chunks did however slam into tiamat and cracked the planet like an egg.

nibiru continued on out of the solar system... now it was locked to the suns gravity, to keep coming back ever xxxx years. on its second trip thru the solar system nibiru actually did collide with HALF of the shattered tiamat.. the resutl was the creation of the asteriod belt from the collision and the other half of tiamat was thrown into a new orbit as earth.

tiamats moon followed along and became our moon.

so... thats the correct story, you had multiple errors in your list of things about nibiru

top topics

<<   2 >>

join