It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

6 months till Nuclear Bomb

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 05:30 PM
link   
I'm sure the clip of Neteyahu's latest remarks against the Iraniam regime have made it on here by now but I wanted to provide an article from down here in New Zealand.

The fact that this is getting main stream media attention here means something, as general topics like this arn't usually pushed and are hidden away in the international section of our most popular news website.

Netenyahus Speech

The thing I find the most interesting is if you scroll to below the video you can see a wide selection of stories and propaganda all pointing to the growing conflict and reinforcement of the idea that these "radical Islamist's" need to be stopped.
edit on 16-9-2012 by ka0s69 because: grammar

edit on 16-9-2012 by ka0s69 because: Title

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 05:47 PM
link   
Have they found proof since this? If so, I would like to hear about it before I have to help support another war.

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 05:52 PM
link   
( "Weapons of mass destruction" )
edit on 16-9-2012 by Eedjee because: x

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 05:54 PM
link   
Awesome. I always wanted to see the world and the results after a nuclear attack. That is if I survive it.

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 05:57 PM
link   
Oh Lordy am I sick of Nutty-yahoo and his fear-mongering B.S. Must not let Iran cross that goal line, huh?

Does he think we're all idiots?

I have posted this picture before, let me post it again. It is from a magazine from the 1970s.

Consider this: Iran has had a nuclear power program since the 1970s, for approximately 40 years. Now ask yourself, why all of a sudden are they going to build a bomb? I imagine they have had plenty of time to do so. The way Israel tells it, they only recently started up with nuclear power and are a bunch of mad men, trying desperately to build a bomb to blow Israel away before they can be stopped.

The whole smear campaign against Iran doesn't make sense. I think we're being duped. Just like when Dubya did his "mushroom clouds" speech against Iraq, to justify an illegal and immoral invasion of a country that was NOT A THREAT.

Now we're supposed to believe that a country that has had nuclear power for 40 years is suddenly going to try and build a bomb, and they're only 6 months away from doing so.

Please see the following link. Israel's whole Middle East policy (and by extension because we're bought and paid for, the United States) was laid out 15 years ago.

www.historycommons.org... q_74

The insanity continues, and most people are too worn out from trying to survive in this economy to do their research, and learn the truth.

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 06:01 PM
link   
reply to post by FissionSurplus

I agree with you a million percent, but we know that the PTB is hell bent on massive destruction, just because they want it. It's the old "weapons of mass destruction" LIE again again again.

INSANITY.
edit on 16-9-2012 by Eedjee because: x

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 06:03 PM
link   
I hope Iran does develop nuclear weapons, so they have a means of defending themselves against any aggressors who might want to illegally invade their country.

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 06:06 PM
link   
reply to post by superman2012

Have they found proof since this? If so, I would like to hear about it before I have to help support another war.

Well for some people it will take Iran actually using a nuclear weapon before they believe it. There is plenty of evidence already.

In late August 2012, international nuclear inspectors reported that Iran has already installed three-quarters of the nuclear centrifuges it needs to complete a deep-underground site for the production of nuclear fuel.

Civilian energy production doesn’t occur “underground” in ANY COUNTRY. Then there is that pesky issue of nuclear triggering devices. Do you need those to produce energy?

An I.A.E.A. report issued in February 2011 listed seven outstanding questions about work Iran apparently conducted on warhead design. The documents in the hands of the agency raise questions about work on how to turn uranium into bomb fuel, how to cast conventional explosives in a shape that can trigger a nuclear blast, how to make detonators, generate neutrons to spur a chain reaction, measure detonation waves and make nose-cones for missiles.

The May report gave new details for all seven of the categories of allegations. The disclosure about the atomic trigger centered on a rare material — uranium deuteride, a form of the element made with deuterium, or heavy hydrogen. Nuclear experts say China and Pakistan appear to have used the material as a kind of atomic sparkplug.

The report said it had asked Iran about evidence of “experiments involving the explosive compression of uranium deuteride to produce a short burst of neutrons” — the speeding particles that split atoms in two in a surge of nuclear energy. In a bomb, an initial burst of neutrons is needed to help initiate a rapid chain reaction.

Harold M. Agnew, a former director of the Los Alamos weapons laboratory, said the compression of uranium deuteride suggested work on an atomic trigger.
link

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 06:16 PM
link   

He wont stop.

I read a quote somewhere that read "Zionists start all wars". Seems like theres a lot of truth to that statement. Didnt Mel Gibson say something like that?

Nutinyascrew would love for the US to fight more of their enemies.

edit on 16-9-2012 by gladtobehere because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 06:27 PM
link   

Oh Lordy am I sick of Nutty-yahoo and his fear-mongering B.S. Must not let Iran cross that goal line, huh?

We must all be idiots….at least those of us who think Iran has 'peace' in mind.

Iran Guard Commander: Nothing will remain of Israel if it attacks

The top commander in Iran's powerful Revolutionary Guard has warned that "nothing will remain" of Israel if it takes military action against Tehran over its controversial nuclear program.

I wonder how Gen. Jafari plans on backing up that threat? What does Iran have in its arsenal that could wipe Israel from the map?

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 06:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by 369821
Awesome. I always wanted to see the world and the results after a nuclear attack. That is if I survive it.

Don't know if you've ever watched this film but it's very good and very disturbing.

Threads is a British television drama produced by the BBC in 1984. Written by Barry Hines and directed by Mick Jackson, it is a documentary-style account of a nuclear war and its effects on the city of Sheffield in northern England.

Cheers.

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 06:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by seabag

Iran Guard Commander: Nothing will remain of Israel if it attacks

The top commander in Iran's powerful Revolutionary Guard has warned that "nothing will remain" of Israel if it takes military action against Tehran over its controversial nuclear program.

SEABAG . you have done it, you solved the ME Crisis !!!!!!
Read your quote, Nothing WILL HAPPEN if Israel doesn`t attack Tehran.

Put your Rabid Dog Yahoo back on his Leash, and we can get back to discussing Football.

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 06:58 PM
link   
reply to post by karl 12

Thanks for that. A bit to long winded for me as I have a short attention span. I am aware of the effects a nuke would have. Got well versed in it in the Marines. I still think it would be neat to see though. You know, minus all the death....

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 07:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Tw0Sides

SEABAG . you have done it, you solved the ME Crisis !!!!!!
Read your quote, Nothing WILL HAPPEN if Israel doesn`t attack Tehran.

That’s not AT ALL what the quote said.

Put your Rabid Dog Yahoo back on his Leash, and we can get back to discussing Football.

I don’t control Bibi! I think he’s absolutely justified in taking action against a threat to his nation; as a matter of fact, it’s his DUTY. There is no doubt in my mind Iran will become the regional BULLY once it has nukes. Iranian leadership is hell bent on ushering in the 12th imam and ridding the ME of Israeli presence. They're also not fond of any western interests and will do everything it can to make our lives difficult.

As far as alternative discussions, I hate football (I’m an MMA/Boxing kind of dude!).

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 07:15 PM
link   
Good Post!
I think TPTB want nothing less than regime change.
Someone that will be friendly to western interests and trade oil in dollars.
There is a lot of lucrative profits and deals that can be made with some western backed puppets in place

Sarcasm aside

Originally posted by FissionSurplus

I have posted this picture before, let me post it again. It is from a magazine from the 1970s.

Consider this: Iran has had a nuclear power program since the 1970s, for approximately 40 years. Now ask yourself, why all of a sudden are they going to build a bomb? I imagine they have had plenty of time to do so. The way Israel tells it, they only recently started up with nuclear power and are a bunch of mad men, trying desperately to build a bomb to blow Israel away before they can be stopped.

The whole smear campaign against Iran doesn't make sense. I think we're being duped. Just like when Dubya did his "mushroom clouds" speech against Iraq, to justify an illegal and immoral invasion of a country that was NOT A THREAT.

Now we're supposed to believe that a country that has had nuclear power for 40 years is suddenly going to try and build a bomb, and they're only 6 months away from doing so.

Please see the following link. Israel's whole Middle East policy (and by extension because we're bought and paid for, the United States) was laid out 15 years ago.

www.historycommons.org... q_74

The insanity continues, and most people are too worn out from trying to survive in this economy to do their research, and learn the truth.

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 07:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by 369821
reply to post by karl 12

Thanks for that. A bit to long winded for me as I have a short attention span. I am aware of the effects a nuke would have. Got well versed in it in the Marines. I still think it would be neat to see though. You know, minus all the death....

No probs mate and it's well worth a watch on a rainy day - at least we now know what to expect during nuclear winters: starvation, cannibalism and deformed births within years if not months.

Cheers.

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 10:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by FissionSurplus
Oh Lordy am I sick of Nutty-yahoo and his fear-mongering B.S.

Judging from most post on ATS nowadays this place must make you feel like a stage 4 cancer patient then

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 11:20 AM
link   
This whole trope about the imminent threat of Iranian nuclear weapons is really, really, really bad propaganda. For the life of me I can't figure out why it's working so well, and I can only assume that those responsible for floating this ridiculousness out there in the first place have to also marvel at the collective gullibility and stupidity of the human race.

Iran has, as a previous poster indicated, had nuclear power for decades. They never built a bomb. Know why? They don't need to. If they wanted a nuclear weapon, they could procure one on the open market in a matter of weeks, if not days. There is absolutely no reason for them to construct centrifuges, etc., or any other large, visible facility if a bomb is what they're after. It's not, and they need the plants to produce fuel for nuclear reactors for power. Period.

It's relatively easy, if one has the requisite money and connections, to procure a nuclear warhead. Estimates vary, but some reliable sources have stated that Russia 'lost' upwards of 15% of their nuclear arsenal after the fall of the USSR and the subsequent breakdown in military command (and pay), especially in particularly remote areas. Iran, with its extensive connections to both the current and former Russia, would have precisely zero problems. Heck, I'm fairly certain I could come up with a small-yield warhead if given a year and a hundred billion dollars or so.

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 11:45 AM
link   
Seeing how an Australian General was just put 2nd in charge of US Army Pacific, the Chinese think tanks are probably figuring that move was a legal procedure as US nukes are probably being moved to Australia.

And would come under control legally of that Australian General now in the US Army.

Those Chinese think tanks would likely propose putting Chinese nukes in Iran, and putting some Iranian military General as 2nd in command of the Regional Chinese Command.

So if this theoretical thought was actual........

What's Israel proposing again?

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 08:29 PM
link   
reply to post by seabag

Evidence isn't proof friend. I would build it underground where no one can touch it if I was going to be threatened with some neighbor coming and blowing it up. The "pesky issue of nuclear triggering devices" issue, well, you are so quick to quote the "crazy Iranian theocracy" when it suits you, but you sure left this out of your post:

On Aug. 30, Ayatollah Khamenei reiterated his position that Iran is not seeking an atomic bomb, and he criticized what he called the hypocrisy of the American-Israeli campaign against Iran. In a speech to the 120-member Nonaligned Movement meeting in Tehran, the ayatollah also reminded the delegates that the United States is the only country that has ever used a nuclear weapon and that Israel has its own unacknowledged stockpile of nuclear weapons.

From your link.

new topics

top topics

join