learn more

The Great UFO Cover Up? : Berwyn Mountains, Wales, Jan 1974

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 03:57 PM
link   
a reply to: scryfa

It sounds like Nick Pope was asked to carry out a favour by his agent and reading between the lines it sounds like he hadn't read the book. If so then it wasn't the first time and certainly won't be the last time that this sort of blind (or at least partially sighted) endorsement has been carried out. But fair play to him for replying to the questions.

Nick Pope did a lot to soften media attitudes to Ufology in the UK during his time at the MoD. However now he has chosen to move to the USA and make a full time living out of "media" work it will be interesting to see how his career unfolds. This makes sense financially for him . There is a much larger audience to address, on the topics he has 'expertise' in stateside, so good luck to Nick.

But he's not really offered anything new to the Berwyn case with his rather generic endorsement of the book.

And so onto the book itself.

Now I've read it I find a number of other interesting claims/rumored stories (not all these are attributed to Mr. Kellet in fairness):

i) Russ Kellet claims he has 'other' letters from the Coastguard regarding this incident.

ii) There is a documented briefing and other information that was given to Brynmor John (Under Secretary of State) regarding the incident that have been refused any public release.

iii) The work to produce Electric Mountain in Snowdonia (Dinorwig hydro electric power station) was really cover for engineering a deep underground alien base.

iv) Workers on the above uncovered a huge cavern with British military, lizard like creatures and triangular craft inside it.

v) The people of North Wales and Liverpool have a 15 times higher than average rate of leukemia than the UK national average.

vi) A UFO was shot down over Wrexham on Feb 7th 1974.

vii) In the 1950s a group of soldiers encountered a stationery UFO and were trapped in "a strange time zone" until it left a few days later.

vii) A low-yield nuclear weapon was tested on/under British soil in Jan 1974 (which could be linked to point ''v'")

It's often notable throughout this book that sightings of strange lights are often attributed to named witnesses whilst the more controversial stories are always from anonymous people.

Mr. Pope's endorsement in the book claims :

This fascinating book shines a light on one of the world's most intriguing UFO incidents - a case that may in time come to be known as Britain's Roswell

Well maybe? But are they for the right reasons?

edit on 17/8/14 by mirageman because: typos

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 03:45 PM
link   
Russ Kellet has appeared on a number of shows to discuss the Berwyn UFO case.

Topic UFO

Skywatcher Radio

Pt1.

Pt2.

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 04:24 PM
link   
As to the other points the book raises I haven't looked into all these points as yet. But here's an update so far.

i) Russ Kellet claims he has 'other' letters from the Coastguard regarding this incident.

Unless he wishes to release them into the public domain then no further investigation can be taken.

ii) There is a documented briefing and other information that was given to Brynmor John (Under Secretary of State) regarding the incident that have been refused any public release.

As above - Should the content of any such document (should it exist) be made available at a later date then it may change things.

iii) The work to produce Electric Mountain in Snowdonia (Dinorwig hydro electric power station) was really cover for engineering a deep underground alien base.

Well I once visited "Electric Mountain" back in the late 1980s or early 1990s and other than sighting some strange lizard like creatures deep underground (sorry I'm lying about the lizard like creatures) I find it hard to believe that this was anything more than a power station. It's less than 10 miles from Caernarfon and Bangor is not much further away. Would our military (never mind aliens) want to build a secret underground base so close to dense population centres?

iv) Workers on the above uncovered a huge cavern with British military, lizard like creatures and triangular craft inside it.

See above

v) The people of North Wales and Liverpool have a 15 times higher than average rate of leukaemia than the UK national average.

The stats by the Office for National Statistics (ONS) do not seem to agree with this statement. Liverpool (which comes under the North West of England) has lower than normal incidences of leukaemia. Wales is higher but not anywhere near 15 times higher.

Source : ONS Document

vi) A UFO was shot down over Wrexham on Feb 7th 1974.

A quick search brings up some results. However those results all seem to lead back to Mr. Kellet.

vii) In the 1950s a group of soldiers encountered a stationery UFO and were trapped in "a strange time zone" until it left a few days later.

I have to say I've never heard of this story and have no idea where it's origin lies.

vii) A low-yield nuclear weapon was tested on/under British soil in Jan 1974

I know nothing about any nuclear weapons testing in the UK. What would be the motivations for any such test in 1974?

Although this book has brought some renewed interest to the Berwyn case I think anyone who has done even a small amount of homework on the case realizes it's full of erroneous details and spurious claims.

So we are back to the core mystery of the case. What did Pat Evans witness on the mountain that night?

posted on Aug, 22 2014 @ 08:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: mirageman
Here is a 2008 Channel 5 (UK) Documentary on the Berwyn case.

It fails to mention the more speculative theories but gives a good general idea of the area with some archive footage as well.

Here is another shorter video from 1996 featuring nurse Pat Evans and her two daughters.

This one has got it wrong from the first minute when it says a nurse, Mrs Evans rushed to the red phone box in Llandrillo. Pat Evans lived in Llandderfel . However the scenery is nice and the presenter pauses between words long enough for you to concentrate on it.

Another Berwyn resident discusses UFOs.

posted on Aug, 22 2014 @ 03:23 PM
link   
a reply to: draknoir2

Yeh he makes more sense than some

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join