It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Ron Paul Supporter I Admire, and Applaud.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 05:04 PM
link   
Paul supporters frequently urge people to vote for Paul because of their consciences, "It's the right thing to do." An Iowa woman took that concern for honesty to heart as she made a brave and noble decision.

The question I have for all, but especially for Ron Paul supporters, is did she make the right decision? Would it have been better had she not resigned?

Here's the story:

AMES, Iowa (AP) — A Republican appointed to the Electoral College, Melinda Wadsley was expected to cast her vote for Mitt Romney if he won the state of Iowa in the presidential election.

Wadsley decided Thursday she couldn’t in good conscience vote for Romney — she had backed Ron Paul during the GOP primary — and resigned to allow the Iowa GOP to choose someone else for that duty.

“They’ve never given Ron Paul a fair shot, and I’m disgusted with that,” Wadsley told the AP for the story that preceded her resignation. “I’d like to show them how disgusted I am.”

Iowa GOP Chairman A.J. Spiker said in a statement Thursday that the state party’s central committee would begin the process of selecting a replacement, essentially allowing the party to confirm a die-hard Romney supporter.

dailycaller.com... There's a little more to the story, which you can read at the link. The question? Is she wrong for passing up a chance to boost Paul? Or, did she do right?

You know my opinion, but I admit it's just that. I really do want to hear from others, that's why I started this.

With respect,
Charles1952

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 10:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by charles1952
Paul supporters frequently urge people to vote for Paul because of their consciences, "It's the right thing to do." An Iowa woman took that concern for honesty to heart as she made a brave and noble decision.

The question I have for all, but especially for Ron Paul supporters, is did she make the right decision?

Wadsley decided Thursday she couldn’t in good conscience vote for Romney — she had backed Ron Paul during the GOP primary — and resigned to allow the Iowa GOP to choose someone else for that duty.

You know my opinion, but I admit it's just that. I really do want to hear from others, that's why I started this.

She is doing what many strong Paul supporters have vowed to do. Many of us will not compromise our values and vote for either of the two-party favorites this cycle. Her position as an Elector would require her to do so or compromise her integrity further. Her situation as an Elector is different than it would be for a delegate in the primaries, and as demonstrated by the Republican party throughout that process in regards to adhering to their rules and guidelines. She is doing the right thing. Thumbs up to her.

edit on 16-9-2012 by Erongaricuaro because: (no reason given)

join