It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama's weak 'war' on terrorism

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 06:27 PM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

Sonny have you read my letter to society? i recommend it to all who want change.
sorry of the off topic post OP

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 06:30 PM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

I just found this

The US Election and the Men who Rule the World

Bear that in mind as the media builds itself up for the US presidential campaign. Bear it in mind because, while the politicians appear to be at the driving wheel, the vehicle is ultimately being driven by General Electric, BAE Systems, Lockheed Martin, Shell, ExxonMobil, BP, JP Morgan, Goldman Sachs, Rothchilds and any other number of financial and corporate entities that profit from selling the dream, or imposing the nightmare, depending on which side of the drone attack or bombing campaign you happen to be on.

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 06:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tw0Sides

Originally posted by sonnny1
My actions, are good actions, any American can take.

Not subscribing to the current insanity. People DO have a choice.

And what exactly are your NOBLE and Groundbreaking course of action.

How will you Sonny1, Right this terrible Wrong that is now America......

It is better by noble boldness to run the risk of being subject to half the evils we anticipate than to remain in cowardly listlessness for fear of what might happen. ~ Herodotus

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 06:33 PM
link   
reply to post by shaneslaughta

Look at history, US embassies are the most targeted embassies in the world and is not just under one president but many.

That along should be a big flag for anybody that is ask to work in any embassy oversea.

Terrorist Attacks in the U.S. or Against Americans

Read more: Terrorist Attacks in the U.S. or Against Americans — Infoplease.com www.infoplease.com...

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 06:35 PM
link   
reply to post by thepresident

When there are riots in over 30 countries and chanting death to America. and burning effigies of Obama that is a wakeup call for anyone with half a brain.

Prove Bin Laden is dead go on .
edit on 16-9-2012 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 06:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96
I`m going to use a Neo-ism to answer you.

Prove he`s not dead, go on.

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 06:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Tw0Sides

Just like Obama guess people just have to take my word for it or they could us ATS search feature and find out Bin :Laden died years ago.

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 06:47 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

He is been dead Neo you are right, he is been dead since the Bush presidency, is plenty of links that shows he died from his illness, he had kidney problems and die from that.

Even the CIA have documented on the fact, but Bush warmongering and propaganda overshadow all the prof.

edit on 16-9-2012 by marg6043 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 06:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
reply to post by sonnny1

Well I don't truly agree with your post, the reason? very simple, even when riots, anger and violence are happening, this are in foreign countries mostly of the same roots as those inciting the protest, US embassies are never safe, to think that any embassy is safe because the land they occupy belongs to the country that is occupying is a fallacy and a distorted lie.

Now so far no violence has touched our nation "yet", US has been pretty safe during the Obama administration that is a big plus.

Even if I do not agree with Obama policies and his economic plan is nothing but crap at least I admit US and us the citizens has been pretty safe during his term

The irony.

I understand what you are saying. But.........

Americas diligence, overseas, cannot wain, and our President should not embolden extremists or terrorism, by not taking tougher sanctions, on countries that allow it. We don't have to bomb them. We just have to cut aid to these countries, if they are willing not to protect our embassies, and our people in them. That's really the gist of it. Even the British and German embassies, were targeted. Its not just our country. If extremists smell weakness, they will attack, at the weakest point. Hence, the embassies.

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 06:57 PM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

It doesn't matter, presidents before him had the chance to make things better for the safety of embassies, but as usual they failed those embassies too.

Since the first documented Attack on an US embassy in 1979, (I meet one of the Marines in captivity in PR) the attacks on US embassy in the middle east has been ongoing.

I don't like Obama and will not be voting for him but I have to give him his dues on this subject, no even Bush that created the war on terror did anything to make Embassies safer

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 07:00 PM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

I forgot, when it comes to foreign aid no president so far has done anything to cut our tax payer dollars to finance terrorist groups in middle east countries, see most of the money ends in the hands of terrorist.

The budget on foreign aid is growing and will keep growing until 2017.

The irony

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 07:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
reply to post by sonnny1

It doesn't matter, presidents before him had the chance to make things better for the safety of embassies, but as usual they failed those embassies too.

Since the first documented Attack on an US embassy in 1979, (I meet one of the Marines in captivity in PR) the attacks on US embassy in the middle east has been ongoing.

I don't like Obama and will not be voting for him but I have to give him his dues on this subject, no even Bush that created the war on terror did anything to make Embassies safer

I think Obama should have used this, to strengthen our embassies, or actually letting countries know, if they cant protect them, we will, and all aid will be stopped.

Its Obama's watch, not past Presidents, or Bush. He does have the Power, to change the policy. Hes had 3 years to do it,especially because of past attacks. Whoever the President is, They need to protect Americans, overseas,and not "excuse" it.

2011 United States Damascus, Syria 2011 Syrian uprising
2011 United States Kabul, Afghanistan 2011 Kabul Attacks
2011 United States Sarajevo, Bosnia and Herzegovina
2012 United States Cairo, Egypt 2012 attack on the American Embassy in Egypt
2012 United States Benghazi, Libya 2012 attack on the American Consulate in Libya
2012 United States Sanaa, Yemen 2012 attack on the American Embassy in Yemen

link

We will disagree on giving him his due, and I respect your opinion.

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 07:13 PM
link   
I take issue with those say embassies are never safe. When was the last time anyone heard of a foreign embassy in the United States, attacked or burned down? IF WE CAN PROTECT foreign embassies, so can other nations IF THEY WANT TO. The problem is that they PURPOSELY allow the attackers to take over our embassies. People need to stop drinking the cool aid.

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 07:20 PM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

Bush did not create the war on terror people need to look back to the Democratic Congressman Charlie Wislon aptly named Charlie Wislons war.

The war on terror was created by him.

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 07:25 PM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

Thanks, at least as long as we are safe in our nation, that is all it matters to me.

Anyway, as usual one president just cement what the previous president has done during their presidency, so far none of Bush policies has been stopped by Obama.

That is why I trust no politician in America any more, they complement each other because the real power is behind presidents we the people lost the power a long time ago.

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 07:26 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Well Bush got me fooled, after all he took credit for it, and went into two countries in his war on terror.

Thanks for making this clear.

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 07:28 PM
link   

Bush did not create the war on terror people need to look back to the Democratic Congressman Charlie Wislon aptly named Charlie Wislons war.

The war on terror was created by him.

Which President sent troops to Afghanistan and Iraq after we got attacked by Egyptian and Saudi terrorists?
edit on 9/16/2012 by muse7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 07:29 PM
link   

Nah to be clear both right and left have some of the blame to share.

From the Carter administration all the way to the current administration the usual suspect, the usual scapegoat is Bush.

Bush came in to power long after foregin policy decisions that lead to the current world we live in, and there are a myriad of other factors in that "war".

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 07:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tw0Sides

I`m going to use a Neo-ism to answer you.

Prove he`s not dead, go on.

HaHA

I was gonna post the same thing

Neo, Prove to me that water is wet...

go on

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 07:31 PM
link   
reply to post by muse7

So what is your point?

Who is the president who sent troops to Libya,Uganda,Pakistan,Yemen,Somalia,provided aid to Egypt and Syria,then sent more troops to Afghanistan, and there are troops still in Iraq?

That would be Obama.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join