It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hidden Chamber With Artifacts Found in Great Pyramid

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 04:22 PM
link   
I came across this article on Before its News and even the author claims to not know if the information is true or just possible rumors but I thought the information was pretty interesting and amazing if it does turn out to be true. The article discusses a hidden chamber being found in the Great Pyramid with actual statues and artifacts being found inside of it. This would be absolutely incredible b/c then we could at least get some definite dating done on the objects which might give us an answer on the pyramids age. Some details from the discovery were:

An approximate 6 X 9 room or chamber lies directly behind the 2nd sealed doors in at least the South shaft. Several small statues were spotted on the video camera but no details on what exactly they represent were able to be seen. A gold or copper chain was spotted in the corner of the chamber Small pottery and stone jars are spread throughout the floor of the chamber In the center of the chamber lies a gold or copper box which is closed and its contents are unknown. The box is roughly the size of a one foot size shoe box. No hieroglyphics or other writing were spotted anywhere in the chamber. Read more: scienceray.com...

Thoughts and Opinions?

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 04:25 PM
link   
My thoughts are don't open the shoe box. Them sandals gonna be awfully ripe after 3500 years.

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 04:37 PM
link   
I would have to see evidence from a more credible source than science ray, they tend to post more rumors and nonsense than fact. For example, in the article they say the chain is either copper or gold, since gold doesn't tarnish the answer would be clear.
I honestly hope they did find something at last, we've been picking at that thing for hundreds of years with absolutely no information to show for it.

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 07:18 PM
link   
reply to post by 304edgewood

If true...

This chamber would be so deep inside the Great Pyramid that it would have been built during construction and would determine once and for all the real age of the Pyramid. Which would be an extraordinary find.

I'll cross my fingers but not hold my breath about the veracity of this articles claims...

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 07:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Trublbrwing
I would have to see evidence from a more credible source than science ray, they tend to post more rumors and nonsense than fact. For example, in the article they say the chain is either copper or gold, since gold doesn't tarnish the answer would be clear.

Agree.

I need to be convinced.

Would be a the find of the Century, though, if true.

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 07:25 PM
link   
I guess we will have to wait and see if this is true..

all the links i can find loop right back to your original source..

scienceray.com..

all of them..Hmmmmm..

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 07:34 PM
link   
Got to admit, I am more and more skeptical myself with this article but it really did intrigue me. We have been waiting for years to hear what is behind that second sealed door in the shafts running from the Queen's chamber and if this is true then we are on the verge of some amazing science but I too need more proof than just one article on this site. Hopefully we will see more soon.......

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 09:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69
reply to post by 304edgewood

If true...

This chamber would be so deep inside the Great Pyramid that it would have been built during construction and would determine once and for all the real age of the Pyramid. Which would be an extraordinary find.

I'll cross my fingers but not hold my breath about the veracity of this articles claims...

....would have been built during its original construction

versus, its reconstruction

IMO, what we see today is a refurbishment of a much more ancient construction.
Especially the plateau of Giza, itself.

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 10:19 PM
link   

Although not confirmed, there have been recent rumors being discussed that the team has actually been able to achieve this and a previously undiscovered room or chamber has been found.......

Read more: scienceray.com...

On this reason alone. I am out.... lol.

Come on, 10 years to drill a hole? I would of done it in less than a week including mods.

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 10:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Shadow Herder

On this reason alone. I am out.... lol.

Come on, 10 years to drill a hole? I would of done it in less than a week including mods.

You’ll be happy to know that Alex Jones and David Icke confirmed the story and illuminate artifacts were found next to lizard skeletons!

Seriously though, I would love to find this was true….and see what was uncovered.

There is more to this story; the story we think we know.

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 04:53 AM
link   
With all the turmoil going on with Egypt and their government I very much doubt that anyone has discovered anything in recent times. This would have been all over the news. I don't think the Egyptian government even allows further exploration. I don't understand why its taken this long just to get through the 2nd air shaft door. It seems like that should have happened a long time ago, but we get resistance at every step of the way as if the Egyptians that live there today are ancestors of the ones that built the pyramids. We need to learn our history! I'm really curious as to how and why the air shafts were sealed in the first place. If there's a chamber there, there has to be a way to get into it without going through the air shafts.
edit on 17-9-2012 by Barcs because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 05:45 AM
link   
Seems a lot of helpful information about the pyramids is still semi classified and the media has been told to keep their paws off. Southern tunnel was thought to tie in with Sahu (the hidden) god and an alignment with Orions belt. Also Sirius which rises just before the sun on the solstice.

Quarry marks are still visible, along with the sign of the work-gang "wadi" ("the green ones"). and a sign thought to be the hieroglyph "prjj" ("to come out" of the tomb)

There were copper rings on the tunnel plug ends. Copper(II) oxide is green and the smelters would have noticed copper glows blue green when heated in a flame.

Could also tie in with the green flash that can be seen just before sunrise under the right conditions. I think that requires a shallow ocean bed with bright reflective sand on the bottom.

And of course the Blue green bands of a rainbow cluster on the same side together.

Perhaps an armada of scarab beetles under the right conditions refract the desert sun in multi colored bands

There have been so many myths and theories proposed over the millennia who the H5ll knows.
edit on 17-9-2012 by Cauliflower because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 05:52 AM
link   
Now that Mr Hawass is hidding in the USA and an other "regime" is dealing the cards in Egypt we might become lucky when it comes to disclosing archaeological finds. Not that I am saying that Mr Hawass is keeping "stuff" for himself....I just do not trust the man.

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 05:56 AM
link   
reply to post by zatara

I'm not sure lucky would be the work I would imagine most of the stuff will be destroyed when the pyramids are leveled to make room for a mosque

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 06:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by mikellmikell
reply to post by zatara

I'm not sure lucky would be the work I would imagine most of the stuff will be destroyed when the pyramids are leveled to make room for a mosque

Did I understand you correct? Are there serious plans to level the great pyramid to make room for a mosque? What lunatic idiot came up with that outragious idea.....who would back such a project? Why that specific location...can you elaborate opn that?

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 08:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by zatara

reply to post by zatara

Did I understand you correct? Are there serious plans to level the great pyramid to make room for a mosque? What lunatic idiot came up with that outragious idea.....who would back such a project? Why that specific location...can you elaborate opn that?

I am sure it is the Muslim brother hood that wants to do this.

If they stay in power the great pyramid will be destroyed .

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 09:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by grayghost

Originally posted by zatara

reply to post by zatara

I am sure it is the Muslim brother hood that wants to do this.

If they stay in power the great pyramid will be destroyed .

But still I do not understand...the pyramids do not represent christianity. What can be the motive behind such a distructive action? It can not be just meaningless vandalism...can it? Any rational thinking person should realise that the Pyramids are precious monumental creations on Earth.

The pyramids have reached a status that goes beyond Egypt...But than again......it wouldn't be the first time some religious movement commited crimes against the heritage of our planet....real simpletons and brainless idiots.

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 10:38 AM
link   
For the very fact that the ancient Egyptians did not accept Mohammad.

Like most other Faiths, no "false" Idols, and no other gods.

So yes, it could happen.

(being Christian has nothing to do with it and is a strawman)

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 10:47 AM
link   
reply to post by thedigirati

Certain groups within Islam have issues with non Islamic monuments. Anybody here remember the Taliban blowing up the statue of Buddha? However, many early Egyptian Christians went on a rampage destroying many manuscripts, documents and relics in their own time so.....

Destroying our history in favor of a Religion isn't just a recent Islamic fad.

Just saying is all

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 11:31 AM
link   
Hmmmm seems rather rumoury. I believe that shaft is about 4-5 meters from the outside of the pyramid so a room that size is possible but I wouldn't take that sites word for it. Meh rumour

Some other comments

A number of excavations are continuing all over Egypt, the political disruption hasn't shut down them all especially the ones in the delta and in the valley itself. A number of European and Asian backed expedition have scaled back a bit as I understand it.

Yep fundamental Islam doesn't agree with tombs (despite there being a tomb for the prophet) and they don't like ancient monuments in general a number being destroyed over the ages as Slayer noted.

The MB probably wouldn't kill its cash cow but radical elements might - as they have in the pass, attack the Copts and possibly ancient Egyptian sites. Fortunately the 100+ pyramids are a bit hard to damage, they are either already badly damaged if made of mud brick or made of rock......

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join