It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bigfoot? better think again

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 02:47 PM
link   
reply to post by BriGuyTM90

I watched the video. Im not convinced. Had they used a person in the scientific field instead of a special effects expert, I would of given it more consideration. To me, it still looks like a guy in a monkey suit. I heard all the reasoning behind why its not a guy in a suit, but its still not clear enough to be 100%
Trust me, I think it would be great if Bigfoot did exist. Talk about one heck of a discovery. Not to mention the scientific factors. But as of right now, Im leaning toward its not real.
edit on 17-9-2012 by 369821 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 03:28 PM
link   
reply to post by 369821

OK thank you for your opinion and I respect it. You haven't seen enough evidence to say if its real and until that happens it is your opinion that it doesn't exist. That's perfectly OK and actually quite scientific. Here's my opinion. I have seen one of these things and sense I am neither insane or have random life like hallucinatory episodes it would be unscientific of me to say they don't exist. So this is one of those things were we are going to have to agree to disagree. One thing that is not ok to do is put down the people who think differently than you by calling them labeling.(i.e. your bigfoot groupies making plaster cast) Labeling people is a way of trying discredit them with out actually doing it. I respect your opinion now please respect mine and the other peoples in this thread. They are doing nothing more than sharing experiences that they have had and would like to discuses it with out being ridiculed for what they believe.
edit on 17-9-2012 by BriGuyTM90 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 04:21 PM
link   
I hope you guys can forgive me for saying this, but... I hope bigfoot doesn't exist. The sooner its habits and homes are discovered means the sooner little parts of it will end up on microscope slides, the sooner one appears in a zoo, the sooner one becomes a throw rug. If the Sasquatch does exist it is going to great lengths to conceal itself from us. For that reason alone I personally wish to grant it that respect, considering that it appears very human like.

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 08:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Coopdog
I was not going to post this at all, but reading down the cryptozoology threads I came across one that purported that the sasquatch phenomenon was being kept alive as a distraction from the real mysteries out there. I used to think much along the same lines, that it all had a "for entertainment value only" sort of feel to it, in my opinion at any rate.

Well I had my world view readjusted the other night when a huge bipedal creature walked across the road aproximatedly 400 ft ahead of me. It was tawny in color with long light brown hair. In my impression of it and admittedly I was quite a ways down the road from it, it appeared to be upwards of ten ft tall and that would be a conservative estimate.

I had my bright lights on or I probably would not have seen it at all, and as they are the brightest lights I could buy for it they are very brilliant and lit the scene very well.

The creature had massive shoulders and arms and carried itself with a masculine sort of movement. It hurried across the road and covered it in 3-4 strides, turning towards me as it went exactly like the creature in the patterson film.

It was light brown in color and had long hair on it's arms that hung down like the fringe on a leather jacket, and looked like a cross between harry and the hendersons and Chewbacca from star wars, crossed with one of those mountable robots from Avatar.

My impression was of mass, and lots of it. He looked to be about three feet thick thru the chest from back to front, and as he swivelled those massive shoulders towards me I could see that he would appear very broad if seen straight on.

So, I battled with myself whether I would even tell my wife about this, because the very words leaving my mouth make me feel like a damn fool! However upon telling a couple of people at work who live near me I got supporting stories from each instead of scoffing looks.

"My Cousin," or "My dad," or My friend was camping," or other stories starting with similar lines. A guy who lives a half mile down the road had his girlfriend see it within the last month and only a week before his father came home with the same story of catching it in his headlights.

Sorry no photo, but I did do a sketch of it that I will attempt to upload with this post, and if it does not come thru don't dispair I will mess with it again tonight and get the picture on there as I have had trouble attaching images on ats before.

So to add a little more, I have been in the woods out here a lot of times and seen nothing other than the normal and expected local wildlife. I will never look at the woods again in quite the same way. The world just got a little more interesting for me, and I wanted to tell you all that the big guy is out there, and you better readjust your belief systems because this one is as real as anyone of us.

EDIT: Can't upload my sketches, I will ask the wife to help me later.
edit on 16-9-2012 by Coopdog because: addendum

edit on 16-9-2012 by Coopdog because: added details

here it is finally tinypic.com...
edit on 16-9-2012 by Coopdog because: (no reason given)
Can somebody pleeease help me past the pic in here?
edit on 16-9-2012 by Coopdog because: trying to get it right

edit on 16-9-2012 by Coopdog because: (no reason given)

Sound like your area is infested, everybody is bumping into them. Don't get out of the car man they'll kick you ass. There are areas that see very little human traffic. No telling what is going on out there.

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 11:56 PM
link   
Congratulations on your first sighting. You're in the club now! It gets so frustrating when people think you're a nut for believing in sasquatch, despite the fact that you tell them that you've seen the thing, and so have tens of thousands of other people. Anyone who chooses to ignore the claims of that many people, and still say that the idea is ludicrous, is just plain ignorant. I'm sick of the same old argument that we would have found them by now if they existed.

Um, hello, we have found them. As I said, there are hundreds if not thousands of sightings every single year, across most of the United States, not to mention Canada. What people mean is that science hasn't cataloged them yet. This is not surprising, considering there has never been any money given to fund real scientific expeditions, say by a university or something. The vast majority of field work done has been done by people on their own dime, with their own equipment.

And the majority of them are going about things all wrong. You cannot go traipsing around the woods and expect to get good evidence. If this were just another animal, this would be fine. But people cannot seem to grasp that this creature is far more intelligent than an ordinary animal in the woods. They are not as smart as humans out of their element, but in their element, the woods, they are ten times smarter than us. Myself, among many others, have developed methods that actually work, although I don't do much field work myself.

The truth is, there are many people out there with GREAT evidence. There exists much video that is crystal clear, showing multiple creatures, in the daytime, unobstructed by brush. But only a few people ever see it. I used to not believe this could be possible, until I was shown some myself, and I have subsequently had others relate to me of the existence of privately held evidence. It really irks me that these people choose to hold on to these things, instead of showing the world, but it is their evidence.

What happens is this...Those who get the best evidence really do feel a certain selfishness regarding these creatures. It takes so much effort to go to the same area day after day, allowing the animals to get used to you, and then spending many more months allowing them to trust you enough to expose themselves from the brush. And what tends to happen over this time period is that the investigators, those who have actually put the time in to building some sort of relationship of trust, do not want to ruin that. They don't want people descending on the woods once sasquatch is proven to exist.

I am just guessing this is a big part of their reasoning. But one thing I do know is that the existence of this animal would have been proven already if these people did not feel that they were protecting these creatures from humans by withholding their evidence. And I am telling the truth when I say there exists video so astounding that it would blow anyone's mind. There would be no debate like with the PGF, because you can tell you are looking at and hearing a living, breathing animal.

I am just so glad that another skeptic has turned into a believer, and I really encourage those of you who think this is all BS to get yourself out into the woods and attempt to spot one of these creatures for yourself. I don't hate skeptics, but I hate having to correct people's thought processes over and over again. If you think sasquatch could never exist, then you are one of these people who need to open your eyes. And I'm sure there are government employees who know they exist, and for sure military personnel.

They just don't want the headache of dealing with the whole thing. There is no collective memory within the military or government though, and those who know things end up retiring, and the information gets lost. I know that certain military bases have caught evidence on their security cameras, but as I said, it is not their job to show the world bigfoot exists.

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 01:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by 369821
reply to post by Jinglelord

I prefer to believe what I can see as real. Not a bunch of videos that are grainy, shaky and out of focus. Until I see hard evidence and scientific proof, its just a bunch of bedtime stories to tell the kids

“Some people are so scare (sic) of their own existence and demise they want something to believe in. Be it Aliens, creatures or the sky wizard. To each their own, but I prefer fact and proof. Not stories and speculation.”

I gotta agree with my man 369821. People just have to believe in something even when there is no evidence for it.
Personally I am getting sick of it. I live in the lower 48 states here in the USA, where we have the mighty Rocky Mountain range and the majestic Sierra Nevada’s. Both have huge mountains running up and down their length. But even in this day and age I still hear oft repeated stories of a mythical mountain that is higher than airplanes fly. Some hoaxers tell us that it is more than twice as tall as any of our Rockies’ or Sierras’ peaks. (Of course this is coming from an area where people believe god has eight arms or is some sort of elephant.)
And what evidence do they have? Just some pictures of a mountain, that looks just like any other tall peak. Do we even know where these alleged photos came from? And not one photo of an official USGS marker showing the elevation? The only outside “confirmation” is from nut jobs that travel thousands of miles from their homes and claim to have climbed it. Yeah Right! You would think that by this time they could produce some believable evidence from a reliable source.
So until you produce the mountain, you Everest believers can just bite me!

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 01:46 AM
link   
reply to post by tiger_tts

Classic. Just classic.

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 02:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by tiger_tts

When you put it like that I can't help but agree.

I did some research about this awhile back and get this... Some guys claim to have climbed the mythical peak and pointed some gizmo at the sky that apparently was able to tell them how high they were by talking to a satellite! Apparently they really do think we're stupid... GPS technology is simply another hoax to make us believe we have actually gone to space. I've never seen a space ship or a satellite actually in space... have you?

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 03:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Human_Alien

Originally posted by 369821
reply to post by Jinglelord

I prefer to believe what I can see as real. Not a bunch of videos that are grainy, shaky and out of focus. Until I see hard evidence and scientific proof, its just a bunch of bedtime stories to tell the kids

an out-of-body experience

It is called lucid dreaming. Have you tried flying over Paris in a dream? You brain will fill up the details like buildings and people walking around. If you saw the whole galaxy under your legs, it is just your brain lucid dreaming. Stop making things out of thin air and saying they are facts. It is called an opinion, not a fact. I have the tallest hands in the world. Do I have proof? No, because it is my opinion. See how that works?
edit on 18-9-2012 by goh13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 03:47 AM
link   
reply to post by goh13

All that we see or seem is but a dream within a dream...

To assume one can define reality of others is an arrogance we all partake in. There is an agreed upon reality that obeys certain laws that we all seem to exist in.

Our goal is to see if the Bigfoot exists in that reality.

It seems that it does, yet we aren't quite sure about what it is or what it's place is. Lucid dreaming and out of body experiences are similar. They are well documented and many have had them but nobody really knows exactly what they are. Neurologists claim they can see some indications but to be intellectually honest we must understand that evidence that doesn't fit the current paradigm is thrown out, especially in an area as difficult to comprehend as lucid dreaming out of body experiences. Don't assume you have all the facts when you might not...

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 06:21 AM
link   
I lucid dream, others lucid dream and science lucid dreams.

I do not see a bigfoot, others see a bigfoot, science does not see a bigfoot. See what I am trying to say?

Until we can get some proof like video or bones that came from a bigfoot, bigfoot is a myth. Or until I see one with my own eyes in a video or in real life. I do not need to understand for me to see the truth. I do not understand how I lucid dream, well I do but whatever, but I can always know it is within the realms of reality. Bigfoot/aliens on Earth however.....

Stop dismissing this world’s reality like a childish kid and I will stop disrepecting your reality like a childish kid. After all, everyone is pretty childish.

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 06:22 AM
link   

See what I am trying to say?
reply to post by goh13

hmmm....

no.. i have NO idea what you're trying to say ..

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 07:11 AM
link   
I'm really surprised at the positive response your thread has garnered. It makes me happy! Usually bigfoot threads are full of people flaming the OP.

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 10:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Coopdog

You never know how you would react, but fear was not my first reaction, it was wonder and respect for this big thing. The thought of the soldiers with their night vision and automatics followed along behind that. There is no way that encounters don't happen with all that thermal imaging goin on.

I remember reading a post somewhere on ATS from a military man. He claimed he was military. He told a short and simple story about confronting something like bigfoot in a training exercise. If I recall right, they were in snowy region or maybe mountainous terrain. They had thermal imaging or something, although maybe it was something else and I'm wrong. They encountered it and then "We didn't see that." Basically, they walked away from it and just went their separate ways.

I live in the NW too. I've heard things.

It has touched many lives. Changed many peoples views on things.

When I was growing up we had some friends who said they'd seen it but... not sure about that.

Google Jeff Meldrum.

He helped to make this documentary:
www.npr.org...

I'd recommend the documentary, but I can't claim it's factual or good information. Just like other documentaries, it uses different tools to sensationalize, so always be weary.

(btw, Jeff still has his brown hair during the production of that film - lol)

There're many witnesses to bigfoot so you have lots of company.

My theory is that they're trying to preserve it and protect it from publicity. All scientists can't be blind to what's going on. I think the military knows about it. But I could be wrong...

Since I haven't seen it, I can't be certain but others say they're.
edit on 18-9-2012 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 11:10 AM
link   

Well put. But I will not be bashed for being a skeptic either. Because someone doesnt believe in what you do(people in general, not you specifically) theyre a troll, hater, etc? No, they just dont share the same beliefs as you. Thats what the world is about. Peoples own beliefs and opinions.
Groupies is not intended to be a derogatory term.People who follow a band are groupies. People who follow aliens and UFOs are alien/UFO groupies, etc. Thats how I describe people who follow a specific thing. Its not intended to be offensive.
edit on 18-9-2012 by 369821 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 01:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jinglelord

Originally posted by tiger_tts

When you put it like that I can't help but agree.

I did some research about this awhile back and get this... Some guys claim to have climbed the mythical peak and pointed some gizmo at the sky that apparently was able to tell them how high they were by talking to a satellite! Apparently they really do think we're stupid... GPS technology is simply another hoax to make us believe we have actually gone to space. I've never seen a space ship or a satellite actually in space... have you?

Well I am pleased that you still have some common sense, Jinglelord. There is hope for you yet! I never thought much of the gizmos and satellite stuff, unless I needed a laugh. That is, of course, unless you are satisfied by a couple of “moon rocks”, but then I guess you’ll believe anything.
All I know is that some of the nut jobs that go on their “expeditions” to Everest claim to have seen the Abominable Snowman on their trip. Need I say more?

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 03:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Coopdog

Check out Lloyd Pye regarding indigenous hominids on Earth. Actually there are four and, of course, we are not one of them. The four species are very tough and adapted well for a rough life of the planet. We, on the other hand, with our soft skin and lack of natural toughness, were seeded and bred in this manner and just couldn't have cut it as an indigenous species.

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 04:36 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 04:55 PM
link   
Usually don't comment on the Biggyfoot threads though thought I'd share some reason about the topic that should make sense. I understand that what I am going to tell you is true though without pictures one is left to use their imagination or not. Have witnessed 'some' interesting.....later.

Imagine if you were a highly advanced ET/alien/NTO (insert label here) and you had advanced knowledge/experience with DNA, genetic engineering, genome shells/containers and could apply a blueprint for a particular capsule/shell/container to experience 'the experience' while on a given planet with it's own unique atmosphere, chemistry, gravity, threats, both micro and macro. If you could, you would make/design/apply a known successful shell/container that worked well in the past on said planet. Now if you were aware of your very plasmic soul/spirit/electromagnetic field/ambient halo/energetic 'being'..... bla/ and were able to soul-transfer from one container to another depending on the environment, would that not be advisable? From what I understand their Are ETs that use various shells/containers for a given environment.

If I were you, a Biggyfoot shell/container would be perfect for the woods; being durable, strong, fast, hairy protective/warm skin (could come with a genetically intelligent brain
. Anyhow, not going to dwell and fantasize about a topic I'm already aware. Even mankind today, with a little help, are creating/altering many genomes/species mostly in the hush for ethical/moral/safety concerns which Are valid. Long topics though something to 'think' about. When an ET flies a ufo/spaceship, it most likely would have uniquely designed appendages/adaptations, both biological or organic as well as inorganic/engineered. Much more on these topics to come out soon enough so hang in there and sweet dreams/nightmares; whathaveU. One once said for sake of philosophy and mental health, "Whether their is a heaven or hell, Thinking makes it so". One IS what they eat, drink And think. L8ter folks.

edit on 18-9-2012 by Bluemoonsine because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 07:40 PM
link   
Lloyde Pyes theory for any one whose interested.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join