It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bigfoot? better think again

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 07:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Coopdog
reply to post by butcherguy

Too far for any real facial details and I am sort of thankful for that to be honest. 400 ft away was just fine with me!

I came across the creature about 3-4 miles out of spanaway washington travelling west on 8th ave, which runs between washington highway 7 (Pacific Avenue) and 702. The creature was strolling thru the scotchbroom covered prairy area that makes up the border to FT Lewis, now JBLM.

The thought occurred to me that they must have knowlege of it with all the military maneuvers goin on in the area. All that night vision stuff they must have had a lot of sightings, There is a ton of them online for the ft lewis area.

Spanaway !!!

wow.. that just north of me (oregon here) ~1

ok .. i have a question, were you ever a bigfoot believer? here's why I ask..

had a friend that had a late night encounter with one of these but, she was hardcore non-believer, till one night dropping off her son in Hillsboro and coming back home down Germantown Rd (fairly dense forest road, paved and 2 lanes) it's a short cut back to Portland..

as she driving down the road and brights on, she had to hit the brakes and saw what you just describe like 200ft away ! it came from right to left since the right side of the road is uphill; it took 3 strides, but looked at her when it went across..and was gone.

I was up waiting for her when she burst through the door estacitic & kinda freaked out.. 'saying I JUST saw Bigfoot .. I'm and NOT $)%* kidding you ~!!! (and she RARELY swears at all)

anything from there on at was showing on the TV about Bigfoot, she was glued to tube! LOL ..

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 07:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by 369821
reply to post by Human_Alien

Ive been on this planet a long time. No out of body experiences, no Alien encounters, never seen Bigfoot, A ghost, or the Loch Ness Monster. UFOs are exactly that. Unidentified flying objects. Some people are so scare of their own existence and demise they want something to believe in. Be it Aliens, creatures or the sky wizard. To each their own, but I prefer fact and proof. Not stories and speculation.

hey .. BACK OFF .. !!!

just because you didn't have one, and trust me if you did, it would change you, no need to slam and try and assassinate the members here that have .. !

the reason you don't have an experience is because it's not your time yet.. when your ready and it's your time .. then you will ..

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 07:44 PM
link   

You and the thousands of others who claim to have seen Bigfoot and have no hard evidence. You would think by now, with all the people who hunt this fabled creature there would be something more than 2nd hand stories and grainy videos and photos that prove nothing.

Thats what they said about Pandas in the 1800's. For years the story went around and became myth that a black and white bear that eats not meat but vegetables was roaming China. No one would take this story seriously. One day someone actually found the hide of a panda in a Chinese shop. The zoological society was presented with this and a search started in earnest. It took over 60 years for them to find their first panda even though they knew of the area the pandas lived in. Today, still only a few have ever been found. These bears are slow moving creatures you would think would stand out like a sore thumb with their black and white hides, yet, they know how to blend in so well, and stay hidden thats it's very hard to find them.

Lloyd Pye believes these creatures may be hominiods. Ape like creatures that stay hidden from us like the pandas do. What's interesting is that every major country has reports of these going back centuries and each has their own distinct type of hominiod or bigfoot. They stories and descriptions of the creatures always match each other

We know that animals even chimps and apes can be smarter than humans, and have made and used tools. Their brains can process information faster than ours can. We have videos by scientists showing apes doing math and concentration exercises on computers and they can do them faster and more accurately than humans can.

Lastly we have video of what happens to carcasses in a forest setting. It takes less than two weeks for any and all remains of a dead animal to be utterly obliterated. Between decomposition, other animals and incests eating the flesh, and the stealing of the bones from animals no trace of the bodies can be found.

I believe from these it is entirely possible these bigfoot creatures can exist and have the ability to stay hidden from us.

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 07:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by JohnPhoenix

You and the thousands of others who claim to have seen Bigfoot and have no hard evidence. You would think by now, with all the people who hunt this fabled creature there would be something more than 2nd hand stories and grainy videos and photos that prove nothing.

Thats what they said about Pandas in the 1800's. For years the story went around and became myth that a black and white bear that eats not meat but vegetables was roaming China. No one would take this story seriously. One day someone actually found the hide of a panda in a Chinese shop. The zoological society was presented with this and a search started in earnest. It took over 60 years for them to find their first panda even though they knew of the area the pandas lived in. Today, still only a few have ever been found. These bears are slow moving creatures you would think would stand out like a sore thumb with their black and white hides, yet, they know how to blend in so well, and stay hidden thats it's very hard to find them.

Lloyd Pye believes these creatures may be hominiods. Ape like creatures that stay hidden from us like the pandas do. What's interesting is that every major country has reports of these going back centuries and each has their own distinct type of hominiod or bigfoot. They stories and descriptions of the creatures always match each other

We know that animals even chimps and apes can be smarter than humans, and have made and used tools. Their brains can process information faster than ours can. We have videos by scientists showing apes doing math and concentration exercises on computers and they can do them faster and more accurately than humans can.

Lastly we have video of what happens to carcasses in a forest setting. It takes less than two weeks for any and all remains of a dead animal to be utterly obliterated. Between decomposition, other animals and incests eating the flesh, and the stealing of the bones from animals no trace of the bodies can be found.

I believe from these it is entirely possible these bigfoot creatures can exist and have the ability to stay hidden from us.

When are people going to stop making up stuff like this? Show me one piece of evidence that anyone laughed. Your version of the story is probably the 10th version of the Panda discovery I've seen and why is it that every Bigfoot thread has to have some made up story about another animal that was unknown and "westerners" laughed about it?
edit on 16-9-2012 by anton74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 08:20 PM
link   
reply to post by anton74

I welcomed all replies when I put this thread up and I realized I may end up with some non-believers coming in, it is only to be expected with a controversial claim like ths. At any rate nobody has said anything to me that I was not fully prepared to discuss.

I was not really a skeptic, and I always gave it the benefit of the doubt, but the lack of evidence threw me as much as anyone, and I was not really a believer...till it crossed the road and proved it to me. Just sharing my experience as it happened, and I got no false illusions about everyone believing it. The words don't even feel right coming out of my mouth to myself, how could I expect anyone to believe it? Just saying is all, cuz it happened.

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 08:21 PM
link   
I can add that these are very intelligent 'animals'/'creatures'/'hominids' - whatever...

Toward the end of my own encounter, when the Bigfoot realized he was being watched, there was a very definite span of time when he decided what he was going to do about it. This was both when he was still hunched over 'hiding', and when he stood up staring at me.

I was frozen with fear/wonder/wow - so I pretty much stood my ground, and he turned and strode off.

But here's the point: It made the decision. It wasn't just a turn and run away, or instinctive attack, or any of that. He took a minute to think about it, stood and made a final attempt at standing up to me for a little bit, and decided I wasn't worth the effort before he 'walked' away.

I don't think there will ever be enough evidence to convince some people, these guys are too smart for that.

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 08:23 PM
link   
The story is not made up. Also people bring it up because its a good analogy and the more well know of the recently discovered species. Like if I said Lesula monkey was rumored to exist and has just recently been proven. Most people don't know what that monkey is but every one knows what a panda is. But the Morale of the story is that there are animals out there that were once myth that and are now not.

edit on 16-9-2012 by BriGuyTM90 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 08:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by BriGuyTM90
The story is not made up. Also people bring it up because its a good analogy and the most more well know of the recently discovered species. Like if I said Lesula monkey was rumored to exist and has just recently been proven. Most people don't know what that monkey is but every one knows what a panda is. But the Morale of the story is that there are animals out there that were once myth that and are now not.

I'll assume you are refering to me. I'm not saying Bigfoot doesn't exist. I want to know why people are making up stories about other animals to justify the existance of Bigfoot. Those looking for the giant Panda were looking for an animal the knew was real. They already had physical proof and had seen them. There are no historical accounts until someone bought some hides. When asked for proof, the Chinese had it. My only problem is with this version of the Panda discovery.
edit on 16-9-2012 by anton74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 08:32 PM
link   
Thank you bryguy for the benefit of the doubt. I wanted some interaction on the subject after my experience and I guess making a post on ats is the way to get it, both good and bad
Surprised how much positive responses this got to tell the truth I expected more heat.

The computer and media have inundated the current time with documentaries and subject matter along these lines. I am pleasantly amused to have had my eyes opened once again on a subject I did not think very likely, and I will be a little more likely to swallow the next line of BS someone feeds me because of it I guess. Either way as somebody above stated, "It makes for amusing stories." at the very least.

Thank you all for the interaction, both supporting or not.

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 08:41 PM
link   
reply to post by anton74

But all the evidence they had was circumstantial just like all the evidence for Sasquatch. So I guess the only difference is they believed in the evidence they where finding. Oh and there wasn't a group of people trying desperately to discredit it because it would make them wrong.

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 08:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by anton74

When are people going to stop making up stuff like this? Show me one piece of evidence that anyone laughed. Your version of the story is probably the 10th version of the Panda discovery I've seen and why is it that every Bigfoot thread has to have some made up story about another animal that was unknown and "westerners" laughed about it?

I didn't say anyone laughed about anything. Where on Earth did you get that from? You believe I said it so strongly, you mentioned it twice.

The story may be a little off but the gist of it as I told it is there.

The West first learned of the giant panda in 1869 because the French missionary Armand David[43] received a skin from a hunter on 11 March 1869. The first Westerner known to have seen a living giant panda is the German zoologist Hugo Weigold, who purchased a cub in 1916. Kermit and Theodore Roosevelt, Jr., became the first Westerners to shoot a panda, on an expedition funded by the Field Museum of Natural History in the 1920s. In 1936, Ruth Harkness became the first Westerner to bring back a live giant panda, a cub named Su Lin[55] who went to live at the Brookfield Zoo in Chicago.

en.wikipedia.org...

Consider, scientists are still discovering species that are either totally new or thought to be long extinct. I stick by my post siting reasons why I believe a bigfoot animal can be totally plausible and even probable.

edit on 16-9-2012 by JohnPhoenix because: sp

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 08:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Coopdog
Thank you bryguy for the benefit of the doubt. . . .
Thank you all for the interaction, both supporting or not.

Well you have given me no reason to other wise. And thank you for coming forward and sharing your story it takes courage to put your self out there. Specially on a site like this.

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 08:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by JohnPhoenix

The Giant Panda was unknown until a hide was found in a shop. Were are the historical accounts of people not taking the story seriously? When did it become a myth? My point is that this animal had been proven to exist 143 years ago and there are known fossils. We can find a woodpecker(thought to be extinct) in a swamp in Arkansas, but we can't find bigfoot. There is a big difference between an animal that is difficult to find and study and one the is impossible to find and study. This is not meant as an insult to you, I just want people to stop and think for a minute about what is being said. Now, I don't want to hijack the OP's thread. I think it would be awesome to see a Bigfoot in the wild and I would probably chase after it.

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 09:10 PM
link   
Thanks Coopdog for telling your story.
Im surprised there has only been 2 doubters...usually the "Bigfoot" threads bring out the "Experts" by the dozen.

Clearly these creatures exits.
Clearly they are related to man.
Clearly they are intelligent enough to avoid capture...but seem to love playing chasey with our cars?

Heaven help I dont spot one while riding a motorbike!!

I believe they pose little danger to man, perhaps much like an elephant or lion, they are quite aware they are the king of their domain....and probably think of humans as pests, and an inconvenience.

Perhaps like Gorillas, they communicate in the jungle thru deep growls (maybe undetectable by humans), and body langauge......Even we humans use body language in 100% of our communication (face to face)...we read faces, gestures..in fact we could quite easliy live in a family environment without uttering a word. Want something? point to it, ask a question, simply raise your eyebrows, etc etc...we seem to forget all our non verbal talents...we really talk tooo much, and Over analyse things.

As far as skeletons. what if they bury their dead? Perhaps they have beliefs and rituals as early humans.
Fire? well maybe they are vegetarian, they are hairy, maybe they are warm enough.....Bears dont make fire.

I just fear that some dipstick will shoot and kill one, or a family of them.....because they have to..
"Lets See Real evidence they exist...so lets kill some"

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 09:22 PM
link   
Thank you for sharing your personal experience with us. I figure there has to be something to these stories. Not everyone out there is liar/hoaxer.

Do you think that you will be exploring the area anytime in the near future?

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 09:40 PM
link   
Well honestly no I don't think I will be exploring, as the exact location is part of Ft Lewis Army base, and it is trespassing to be where we were at that time unless you have a pass that you can get to be on a certain square of it at a certain time. I probably won't be pursuing that and I would be leary of travelling farther than the few hundred ft we walked up the dirt roads there when we walked around the locations it may have been.

They do training there on a regular basis, and I wouldn't want to be in the wrong quadrant at the wrong time and I don't suggest anyone else try to go in there either, as they will prosecute trespassers. The Road I saw it cross borders the base where there is tons of old growth forest and perfect habitat to support such a thing.

Yeah I won't be chasing it anywhere! lol

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 10:13 PM
link   
Someone should go to where these sightings take place and put out some game cameras. I want to see Bigfoot so friggin bad.

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 10:18 PM
link   
I think it`s completely reasonable to assume that bigfoots could survive and remain undetected in some of the very remote areas of america and canada.

Take the case of D.B. Cooper he parachuted into a very remote area of oregon. The authorities had a pretty good idea of the general area where he would have landed and extensively searched that area but never found any trace of him.
if a human can disappear into a remote forest and not be found, there`s no reason that a bigfoot or other animal couldn`t also remain undetected in a remote area.Many animals have better hearing and smell than we do, they know we are coming and they run away long before we ever see or hear them.

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 10:29 PM
link   
I believe you man. I pray for the day I get a chance sighting of the big guy, but living in the southern california desert I dont think there are too many Squatches around these parts. I feel in my lifetime one will be captured dead or alive & we'll all finally know.

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 10:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by TopherWayne
I feel in my lifetime one will be captured dead or alive & we'll all finally know.

You should look up the Minnesota Ice man many people believe it to be a juvenile Sasquatch. And it sure does look just like one.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join