It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bigfoot? better think again

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+18 more 
posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 03:44 PM
link   
I was not going to post this at all, but reading down the cryptozoology threads I came across one that purported that the sasquatch phenomenon was being kept alive as a distraction from the real mysteries out there. I used to think much along the same lines, that it all had a "for entertainment value only" sort of feel to it, in my opinion at any rate.

Well I had my world view readjusted the other night when a huge bipedal creature walked across the road aproximatedly 400 ft ahead of me. It was tawny in color with long light brown hair. In my impression of it and admittedly I was quite a ways down the road from it, it appeared to be upwards of ten ft tall and that would be a conservative estimate.

I had my bright lights on or I probably would not have seen it at all, and as they are the brightest lights I could buy for it they are very brilliant and lit the scene very well.

The creature had massive shoulders and arms and carried itself with a masculine sort of movement. It hurried across the road and covered it in 3-4 strides, turning towards me as it went exactly like the creature in the patterson film.

It was light brown in color and had long hair on it's arms that hung down like the fringe on a leather jacket, and looked like a cross between harry and the hendersons and Chewbacca from star wars, crossed with one of those mountable robots from Avatar.

My impression was of mass, and lots of it. He looked to be about three feet thick thru the chest from back to front, and as he swivelled those massive shoulders towards me I could see that he would appear very broad if seen straight on.

So, I battled with myself whether I would even tell my wife about this, because the very words leaving my mouth make me feel like a damn fool! However upon telling a couple of people at work who live near me I got supporting stories from each instead of scoffing looks.

"My Cousin," or "My dad," or My friend was camping," or other stories starting with similar lines. A guy who lives a half mile down the road had his girlfriend see it within the last month and only a week before his father came home with the same story of catching it in his headlights.

Sorry no photo, but I did do a sketch of it that I will attempt to upload with this post, and if it does not come thru don't dispair I will mess with it again tonight and get the picture on there as I have had trouble attaching images on ats before.

So to add a little more, I have been in the woods out here a lot of times and seen nothing other than the normal and expected local wildlife. I will never look at the woods again in quite the same way. The world just got a little more interesting for me, and I wanted to tell you all that the big guy is out there, and you better readjust your belief systems because this one is as real as anyone of us.

EDIT: Can't upload my sketches, I will ask the wife to help me later.
edit on 16-9-2012 by Coopdog because: addendum

edit on 16-9-2012 by Coopdog because: added details

here it is finally tinypic.com...
edit on 16-9-2012 by Coopdog because: (no reason given)
Can somebody pleeease help me past the pic in here?
edit on 16-9-2012 by Coopdog because: trying to get it right

edit on 16-9-2012 by Coopdog because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 03:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Coopdog

Where did this sighting occur?

Did you notice facial details?

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 03:53 PM
link   
Amazing story! It mustve been a pretty weird sight!
edit on 16-9-2012 by RhinestoneCowboy because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 03:55 PM
link   
reply to post by butcherguy

Too far for any real facial details and I am sort of thankful for that to be honest. 400 ft away was just fine with me!

I came across the creature about 3-4 miles out of spanaway washington travelling west on 8th ave, which runs between washington highway 7 (Pacific Avenue) and 702. The creature was strolling thru the scotchbroom covered prairy area that makes up the border to FT Lewis, now JBLM.

The thought occurred to me that they must have knowlege of it with all the military maneuvers goin on in the area. All that night vision stuff they must have had a lot of sightings, There is a ton of them online for the ft lewis area.

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 03:56 PM
link   
You and the thousands of others who claim to have seen Bigfoot and have no hard evidence. You would think by now, with all the people who hunt this fabled creature there would be something more than 2nd hand stories and grainy videos and photos that prove nothing.

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 03:57 PM
link   
Welcome to the club!

My sighting was back in the spring of 2005, It was about roughly 200 feet down a hill off the side of a backroad, facing away from me, pulling at a bush or shrub, my only guess is to get to the roots. It's a long story, and one I will not derail your thread with, but I also noted the *mass* as of an astonishing aspect. Height and weight, I could only venture a guess, but it was absolutely huge.

It all changes when you actually have a true encounter, and you know, while many people discount the possibility, may even think you a fool, you are not alone and honestly, what you saw is true to you, and nobody can take that away from you.

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 03:58 PM
link   
reply to post by 369821

My thoughts exactly up until last week! I was pretty firmly in the skeptic camp. That is why I decided to chime in regardless of anyone not believing, I was right there with you...till it showed me otherwise lol

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 03:58 PM
link   
First off report your sighting here:

www.bfro.net...

If there are any representatives nearby they might actually send someone to look for prints, hair etc...

You will get a certain scoffs and people telling you it is all in your head, you saw a bear, you were high, drunk etc...

Many sightings in the woods actually are Bears in my opinion but that doesn't mean they all are and a bear can't possibly cover a highway on its hind legs as you described.

I know of several scientists who actually study anthropology and early hominids, non human primates who have seen evidence they can't explain and actually believe there is sufficient evidence to prove there is a big-foot type creature. They won't present the evidence nor will they carry on in investigations in the open. It has ruined many careers and these people have huge student loans and lives they need to live. No matter how good your evidence it will be denied and the most unrealistic explanations will be offered to make them look foolish.

I've even heard wildlife biologists say that even if they captured a live specimen they would release it and not say a word for fear of all the wild career ruining accusations rather than the the fame and fortune one would expect.

If there is a species existing among us why are there no sightings or physical proof? There is! Sightings happen almost weekly and physical evidence is simply ignored which has been gathered...

Why are there no dead bodies? How many dead animals that are incredibly common are regularly run across? The truth is an intelligent animal that hides itself to die will decompose and be eaten by scavengers fairly quickly...

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 04:06 PM
link   
I did make a report at the bfro, and they followed up with an interview and I went and showed the guy where it happened at and we got out and looked for evidence to no avail. The ground there is rocky hardscrabble and you could drive a semi thu there and not leave a big impression as dry as it has been here. He said my report appeared valid and that it will be on the site soon.

Very interesting couple of hours, and to be honest man my hackles were up bigtime while walking around the area where it happened. Never considered myself a scaredy cat lol but this thing was massive and he wasn't a hallucination or a bear, I had plenty of time to evaluate, re-evaluate and confirm what it was before it walked off out of sight. Took me a while to get my mind behind it myself, but there was no question what I saw, none at all.
edit on 16-9-2012 by Coopdog because: spelling

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 04:06 PM
link   
Funny story, My wife and I just bought a house in Portland, we moved up from So Ca.

We had to drive separately as she needed to start working at her new job, so she drove up by herself, along the cost.

My wife is not into conspiracies and definitely not into cryptozoology, anyway while she was driving slowly through the Red woods she pulled over to take some photos.

She is a photographer, and she was looking for a place to "shoot", she had pulled over because the "light" was right, and well she was hiking a bit in from where she parked her car.

She swears about 100-150 ft away from where she was hiking she saw a large bipedial harry man about 8-9 ft tall, she was so stunned she did not even think to take her professional camera equipment out (Which was on her) to take a picture.

I got a panicked call from her that she had just seen bigfoot.

My wife is a level headed person who does not make things up, I was stunned.

AND i kicked my self for not having gone with her...

edit on 16-9-2012 by benrl because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 04:07 PM
link   
Good job when I saw one in the northern part of Wisconsin by Lac du Flambou I was over come with either fear or shock and couldn't continue driving till it went back into the woods.

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 04:12 PM
link   
Thanks for writing the very detailed thread, I hope this testament will open some minds to these beings' existence.

I have never seen one, but my mother has - so have several other friends.
Living in Northern California, "Bigfoot" is spoken of rather often.

Would like to see it with my own eyes (in the safety of a steel vehicle 400 feet away).

Thousands upon thousands of unexplored acreage from Northern California, through Oregon, and into Washington.

Is not out of the realm of possibilities that such a being could exist.
Would also make perfect sense that these beings are "hush hush", as they allude to Evolution.

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 04:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Coopdog
I did make a report at the bfro, and they followed up with an interview and I went and showed the guy where it happened at and we got out and looked for evidence to no avail. The ground there is rocky hardscrabble and you could drive a semi thu there and not leave a big impression as dry as it has been here. He said my report appeared valid and that it will be on the site soon.

Very interesting couple of hours, and to be honest man my hackles were up bigtime while walking around the area where it happened. Never considered myself a scaredy cat lol but this thing was massive and he wasn't a hallucination or a bear, I had plenty of time to evaluate, re-evaluate and confirm what it was before it walked off out of sight. Took me a while to get my mind behind it myself, but there was no question what I saw, none at all.

Good for the report. I always encourage people when they tell me a big foot story. (I'm open minded and there is no secret to anyone who knows me so I get all the paranormal stories people have that they don't tell most people)

I am always amazed by the people influenced from movies who think anything can be tracked and found. There aren't a lot of skilled trackers left on the planet these days and finding any evidence from a single pass is a long shot but at least it was worth a look. Even if it was muddy and wet it takes very specific set of circumstances and soil consistency to leave an identifiable print which if an animal has any level of intelligence and is purposefully trying to be discreet could in theory learn to cover its tracks...

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 04:27 PM
link   
yeah I tried to flip flop on the realization myself. Your brain tries to put things into nice neat little categories, then something like this comes along, and you got no place for it to go and "Does not compute!" comes back as the final answer. Then Harry and the Hendersons came to mind and it fit right in, and I had to admit that I had just seen a big massive Gorilla in Spanaway regardless of how ludicrous that sounds even to myself! It is what it is applies here lol

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 04:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by 369821
You and the thousands of others who claim to have seen Bigfoot and have no hard evidence. You would think by now, with all the people who hunt this fabled creature there would be something more than 2nd hand stories and grainy videos and photos that prove nothing.

It's so convoluted how we're allowed to believe what we never witnessed as long as the religious sector or scientific community grants us permission to do so.

But when we step out side this conditioned box, and believe what hasn't been accepted, we're deemed delusional or liars without proof.

Wow. Just wow.

But alas, the jig is up. We no longer need permission to know what we see. We don't need the old 'strength by numbers' mentality anymore because there are more and more people stepping up and saying what they thought they'd never say publicly.

Bigfoot is real.
Intelligent alien/entities are real.
UFOs (both alien and man-made) are real
Governments lies.
Religion is no longer adequate and
Science is controlled.

That's about all we need to know for now.

Thanks for the story OP. I believe you until you give me reason not to and so far, you haven't.

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 04:41 PM
link   
I definitely believe in Bigfoot and have seen enough evidence to feel solid about my belief.

I believe that there are a few types of these creatures and through study you can clearly see different species types found throughout different climates.

However, I believe they are all either Cro Magnum Man, Neanderthal Man and Denisovans.
I may be off with the above three in regards to spelling or pronunciation, but I mean to say that the Bigfoot are these same humanoids that museums have countless fossils of.

Modern Man as we are, was created rather "instantly" not too long ago through most likely a genetic modification upgrade.

The reason we have no fossils of Modern Man, thus finding the "missing link" is because fossils take millions of years to create and Modern Man is too new.

However, there is countless amounts of evidence for Bigfoot found in almost every major museum across the world.

Edit: When Modern Man was created by combining Hominids from the Stars DNA with Hominids (cave men) form the Earths DNA, the "Bigfoot" or "Wild Man" or "Sasquatch" retreated into more harsh environments.
edit on 16-9-2012 by DrGod because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 04:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Coopdog

Was there a scent, odor, aroma of any sort?

It's funny....I just don't think the average person (group) would waste their time investigating something if it didn't have more validity than doubt.
I mean, I never heard of a Fairy group. Or an Unicorn hunter group. But there are hundreds of UFO and Bigfoot groups. Why is it?

Are millions of people mistaking and/or delusional?

Nah....I doubt it.

I don't believe that many people can be hoodwinked or be that desperate to go against society like this. So it is my firm belief, there must be something to it all. Proof or no proof. The logic speaks for itself.

But we always seem to go about learning/growing, backwards. We look to the future to prove things (with technology or 'reasoning') when most of our truth lies in the past.

But because we're so conditioned, it just doesn't fit into our paradigm therefore, it gets dumped into the sea of mythical legends.

Native Americans spoke in detail about Bigfoot. What right do we have to placate or dismiss their story?

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 04:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Human_Alien

Originally posted by 369821

It's so convoluted how we're allowed to believe what we never witnessed as long as the religious sector or scientific community grants us permission to do so.

But when we step out side this conditioned box, and believe what hasn't been accepted, we're deemed delusional or liars without proof.

Wow. Just wow.

But alas, the jig is up. We no longer need permission to know what we see. We don't need the old 'strength by numbers' mentality anymore because there are more and more people stepping up and saying what they thought they'd never say publicly.

Bigfoot is real.
Intelligent alien/entities are real.
UFOs (both alien and man-made) are real
Governments lies.
Religion is no longer adequate and
Science is controlled.

That's about all we need to know for now.

Thanks for the story OP. I believe you until you give me reason not to and so far, you haven't.

Very well stated!

All too often the power of the herd is underestimated and it is a recent phenomena that people can communicate with others they don't know easily without the censorship of publishing houses and other institutions.

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 05:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Jinglelord

I prefer to believe what I can see as real. Not a bunch of videos that are grainy, shaky and out of focus. Until I see hard evidence and scientific proof, its just a bunch of bedtime stories to tell the kids

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 05:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by DrGod
I definitely believe in Bigfoot and have seen enough evidence to feel solid about my belief.

I believe that there are a few types of these creatures and through study you can clearly see different species types found throughout different climates.

However, I believe they are all either Cro Magnum Man, Neanderthal Man and Denisovans.
I may be off with the above three in regards to spelling or pronunciation, but I mean to say that the Bigfoot are these same humanoids that museums have countless fossils of.

Modern Man as we are, was created rather "instantly" not too long ago through most likely a genetic modification upgrade.

The reason we have no fossils of Modern Man, thus finding the "missing link" is because fossils take millions of years to create and Modern Man is too new.

However, there is countless amounts of evidence for Bigfoot found in almost every major museum across the world.

Edit: When Modern Man was created by combining Hominids from the Stars DNA with Hominids (cave men) form the Earths DNA, the "Bigfoot" or "Wild Man" or "Sasquatch" retreated into more harsh environments.
edit on 16-9-2012 by DrGod because: (no reason given)

Well said! I concur.

There's an old Jimi Hendrix quote: "When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace"

I say: "When the power of reasoning overcomes the power of religion and science then humanity will know truth".

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join