It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Good ol Alaskan storms

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 03:23 PM
link   
I like how we get constant earthquakes that go un noticed but some town in the states gets a 2 mag and everybody freaks out(random), now we have a pretty intense storm picking up and still no coverage. I haven't started many threads yet but I'm still learning so sorry for the lack of articles I'm sure a quick search you can read about it.

Emergency broadcast just came on tv saying there is a high flash flood warning for rivers, there just so happens to be the matanuska river two miles from my house. The river has already claimed a garage a couple weeks ago I pray no other houses are taken this year.

The wind is also supposed to pick up to the triple digits I'm not sure how hard it's blowing right meow but it's quite intense. Hope the Alaskan ATS'ers are staying safe and dry out there

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 04:28 PM
link   
reply to post by safetymeeting

Funny, I have a friend on the Kenai peninsula who was talking about the nice weather during her outting today. Whereabouts do you live? I know it's a big state up there, and maybe you're in another part having less than optimal weather than her.

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 04:32 PM
link   
It goes unnoticed for the most part I would imagine due to a lack of money problems that could arise from an Alaskan storm or quake, even the worst would have a minimal effect on the mainland US or anywhere but Alaska.

Not to say i'm not concerned for you all personally. I'm just south of you in BC.

Also i'd say it's due to proximity, you are hundred to thousands of miles from major population centres.

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 04:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Nyiah

I reside in beautiful Palmer Alaska, well not so beautiful right now all the leaves are blowing away hah.

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 04:35 PM
link   
reply to post by yourmaker

I'm 45 miles north of anchorage, seems to be a lot of people in that little town haha. Well a lot of people by my standards

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 04:39 PM
link   
reply to post by safetymeeting

Hmm, she's on the Kenai side of the straights near the volcano, so that would put her how many hours south of you? 4 or 5? I wonder if she's to get any of your weather later on in the day, I know it's still late morning up there.

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 05:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Nyiah

Yeah about 4.5 hours of a drive. They do have a high wind warning in the Kenai mountains I think the weather will pick up.
I checked and the high warning is now covering a big area of Alaska

top topics

join