It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

HAARP Very Focused on Southern California right now

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 06:03 AM
link   
reply to post by happykat39

Thanks for the retraction, though you still didn't say what the frequency is, but anyone who wants to find it can look it up on the official site, but it's much, much higher than either of those figures so you were right it's nowhere 60 cycles per second.

Regarding the steering, the phased array means there's a slight timing delay from the various antennae so the peak amplitudes add up at certain focal points. However, the antennae are still more or less omnidirectional which means the signals still lose intensity the further they are from the source. The energy is still strongest near the source and fades away in whatever direction it's aimed, so this doesn't enable HAARP to concentrate the energy in Southern California as shown on the map, though it can concentrate the energy somewhat at certain focal points near the HAARP facility. The following diagram illustrates the phased array concept showing it's basically a series of timing delays:

www.bercli.net...

edit on 17-9-2012 by Arbitrageur because: clarification

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 02:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Arbitrageur

Originally posted by happykat39
3 - Wrong again, there is no relationship between the 60 cycles per second (50 CPS in Europe and some other places) frequency of AC power systems and HAARP. HAARP operates at about 6.5 to 7.5 CPS (the natural frequency of the earth) and is transmitted by a phased array antenna system instead of transmission lines.
Wow you were doing pretty good until you got to the frequency of HAARP.

Did you get that frequency from the official site (and if so link please) or some third party site (link to that also) and if third party site what makes you believe it?

Originally posted by onehuman
I dont know if anyone else has noticed this but it appears that HAARP is very focused on Southern California right now. Just a heads up I guess, Im not very smartly when it comes to HAARP, but this doesnt seem like its a very good thing.
Like with any antenna, the power from HAARP is strongest closest to the source. So anyone who claims it's strongest in California as that map shows is making stuff up. That site is complete nonsense, but I appreciate your asking questions about it instead of telling us we are all doomed like some people try to do.

I'm not sure what's going on here. The stuff that I'm reading says that HAARP transmits at various
frequencies from 4.525 to 9.075 MHz with the main beam pointed as much as possible in the direction of the WIND satellite, so to be able to verify the test signal and quality, (they will vary the transmission with on and off as a confirmation signal, if I have that bit right) It has max a power of 3,600kw for the transmissions, though max power is not always used, possibly according to a particular test. It invariably uses other transmitters in tandem, or not, all according to what the test is. So HAARP uses modulated HF heating of the ionosphere/and or magnetospheric particles, god knows whats in there) to produce strong ELF radiation, and that, it can be sustained in the magnetosphere, and ducted around it. Surely that has a potential if it can be redirected back to the surface? There must be hazards too in interfering with the magnetosphere if the HAARP setup is opening a conduit between the magnetosphere and earth.

According to a Stanford VLF group,they have this paragraph on HAARP,

' While most of the radiated ELF wave energy is confined below the ionosphere, some of it leaks out into the magnetosphere where it can be detected by satellites such as DEMETER, and under special conditions, be guided along ducts (irregularities in the plasma density) that follow the Earth's magnetic field lines. While the waves are propagating in these ducts they are AMPLIFIED, (my caps) by interactions with electrons in the magnetosphere. The amplified wave can then be detected in the opposite hemisphere, at the magnetic conjugate point of HAARP in the southern Pacific Ocean.' The ducting effect was already known in broadcasting.
So, in the balance, Stanford seems to be saying that any ELF radiation into the magnetosphere is accidental. However, a NRL paper from the mid 90's says this,

"The initial WIND-HAARP experiments were conducted to begin the study of the global distribution of large scale
plasma density irregularities in the ionosphere and magnetosphere." That's not the same thing is it?
edit on 17-9-2012 by smurfy because: Text.

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 03:04 PM
link   
reply to post by smurfy

So HAARP uses modulated HF heating of the ionosphere/and or magnetospheric particles, god knows whats in there) to produce strong ELF radiation, and that, it can be sustained in the magnetosphere, and ducted around it.

HAARP can induce a low powered ELF/VLF signal by affecting the electrojet currents over the installation when ionospheric conditions are favorable. It's quite well known what is in there...ions. ELF/VLF radiation of much greater strength is produced by natural phenomena such as lighting. In general, the ELF/VLF frequencies induced by HAARP are in the kilohertz range.

Natural ELF/VLF can be used to study the ionosphere and magnetosphere but since HAARP can produce it "on demand" there are advantages.
edit on 9/17/2012 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 04:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
reply to post by smurfy

So HAARP uses modulated HF heating of the ionosphere/and or magnetospheric particles, god knows whats in there) to produce strong ELF radiation, and that, it can be sustained in the magnetosphere, and ducted around it.

HAARP can induce a low powered ELF/VLF signal by affecting the electrojet currents over the installation when ionospheric conditions are favorable. It's quite well known what is in there...ions. ELF/VLF radiation of much greater strength is produced by natural phenomena such as lighting. In general, the ELF/VLF frequencies induced by HAARP are in the kilohertz range.

Natural ELF/VLF can be used to study the ionosphere and magnetosphere but since HAARP can produce it "on demand" there are advantages.

You know I was talking about the magnetosphere in the "god knows reference", not the ionosphere and even NASA has a string of keywords for the magnetospheric table of contents.
Then there is 'the installation' that sounds very singular, when there may be more than one installation in use in tandem.
Anyway, let's get back to the NRL/ military view of what to be done,

"In December of 1996, the HIPAS transmitter near Fairbanks, Alaska was included in a new experiment with HAARP
and WIND to study the use of two spatially separated high power HF transmitters in interferometric mode. The
combination of HAARP and HIPAS transmissions provided greater power density at scale sizes corresponding to the “fringe” size of the interference pattern resulting from the spatial separation of the two radio wave sources. The configuration is thus similar to the classic Young’s two-slit experiment of optical physics. The ground separation distance between HAARP and HIPAS is about 290 km. The fringe size is a function of the frequency of transmission and would be used to modify and/or stimulate space plasma density structure at particular scale size.
For this experiment, HAARP and HIPAS transmitted simultaneously at 4.525 MHz with the main beam of each site pointed to the WIND spacecraft. The wave interference pattern calculated for the position of the WIND spacecraft (at about 22.6 Re, or 144,000 km from earth) would have fringes about 33 km apart. The measurements at WIND detected the characteristic fringe pattern and compared favorably with the calculated pattern. Smaller scale fluctuations are the result of ionospheric interaction.

The results imply it may be possible to induce specific size density structures in space plasmas by varying the frequency and power of transmission. This experiment was the first to use two high power transmitters in an interferometric mode."

Last paragraph, why would the military want to do that? it is not just studying it is manipulating for an end user. Okay , fair does but let's be honest. HAARP today has also more power than 1996.

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 04:16 PM
link   

edit on 17-9-2012 by smurfy because: Double post.

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 04:18 PM
link   
Its probably the amount of energy we are using here in So Cal cause the weather is horribly hot lately ! Everyone has their AC cranked up to a max

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 04:24 PM
link   
reply to post by projectvxn

Tea! not coffee. HAARP makes tea. Stupid Americans don't your know nothing?

btw how does HAARP target California? Or is everyone there all so high on dope that they're now floating waaaay above the stratosphere in the sky with diamonds?

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 04:29 PM
link   
reply to post by smurfy

You know I was talking about the magnetosphere in the "god knows reference", not the ionosphere and even NASA has a string of keywords for the magnetospheric table of contents.
Well no, I wasn't sure what you were talking about. You did say "ionosphere and/or magnetosphere". But the magnetosphere also contains ions, though at significantly higher energy levels than the ionosphere.

Last paragraph, why would the military want to do that? it is not just studying it is manipulating for an end user. Okay , fair does but let's be honest. HAARP today has also more power than 1996.

What end user? And what exactly do you think they are talking about? HIPAS closed down a few years ago though ago and it sounds like you are quoting quite dated information. There is much more recent and advanced research data available.

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 06:34 PM
link   

reply to post by smurfy

Well no, I wasn't sure what you were talking about. You did say "ionosphere and/or magnetosphere". But the magnetosphere also contains ions, though at significantly higher energy levels than the ionosphere.

What end user? And what exactly do you think they are talking about? HIPAS closed down a few years ago though ago and it sounds like you are quoting quite dated information. There is much more recent and advanced research data available.

Frankly I prefer the older stuff, and even older stuff as per this subject and the rationale. So what that HIPAS has gone and good riddance BTW. But what about the rest? The document I quote, but you do know already, is from the NRL, and is a military document nothing more, nothing less and in it they are describing a method of manipulating the weather, something already banned for US military purposes years before that document.

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 06:48 PM
link   
reply to post by smurfy

and in it they are describing a method of manipulating the weather, something already banned for US military purposes years before that document.

No.

They are describing a possible method of affecting the density of plasma in space.

Smaller scale fluctuations are the result of ionospheric interaction. The results imply it may be possible to induce specific size density structures in space plasmas by varying the frequency and power of transmission.
www.ursi.org...

It has nothing to do with manipulating weather and you will find more recent research about it quite available.

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 08:20 PM
link   

reply to post by smurfy

and in it they are describing a method of manipulating the weather, something already banned for US military purposes years before that document.

No.

They are describing a possible method of affecting the density of plasma in space.

Smaller scale fluctuations are the result of ionospheric interaction. The results imply it may be possible to induce specific size density structures in space plasmas by varying the frequency and power of transmission.
www.ursi.org...

It has nothing to do with manipulating weather and you will find more recent research about it quite available.

No, it is about a determination of modification of weather for their purposes at that time, for a military purpose. As for the rest, I already said that. If you want again to be singular about things, in this case weather, I apologise, I should have said any kind of weather, in that I include the ionosphere, Magnetosphere, spaceweather, or anything that is pertinent that could effect life on earth, and that was being monkeyed about with even before HAARP.

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 08:33 PM
link   
reply to post by smurfy

I should have said any kind of weather, in that I include the ionosphere, Magnetosphere, spaceweather, or anything that is pertinent that could effect life on earth, and that was being monkeyed about with even before HAARP.
And you think that minute temporary changes in plasma density could affect life on Earth? Changes which are totally insignificant when compared to those caused naturally by the Sun? I guess you would consider rocket launches in the same boat then. I guess all that activity is actually illegal.
ieeexplore.ieee.org...

www.nss.org...

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 10:43 PM
link   

reply to post by happykat39

Thanks for the retraction, though you still didn't say what the frequency is, but anyone who wants to find it can look it up on the official site, but it's much, much higher than either of those figures so you were right it's nowhere 60 cycles per second.

Regarding the steering, the phased array means there's a slight timing delay from the various antennae so the peak amplitudes add up at certain focal points. However, the antennae are still more or less omnidirectional which means the signals still lose intensity the further they are from the source. The energy is still strongest near the source and fades away in whatever direction it's aimed, so this doesn't enable HAARP to concentrate the energy in Southern California as shown on the map, though it can concentrate the energy somewhat at certain focal points near the HAARP facility. The following diagram illustrates the phased array concept showing it's basically a series of timing delays:

www.bercli.net...

edit on 17-9-2012 by Arbitrageur because: clarification

Thanks for adding that graphic on phased array. And you are right about the spread of the power over distance. I think they can control focus to some small degree but not enough to totally stop the spread.

I also read somewhere that the steering is limited to something near to 45 degrees, or maybe a little more, off center in any direction. They do, however, make up somewhat for the spread by pumping huge amounts of power into the signal. I think I remember from one of Jesse Ventura's conspiracy theory programs that they put out somewhere near a billion watts.

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 12:59 AM
link   
Measuring ionospheric disturbance and relating that to future incidents on the ground is mainstream.

Pre-earthquake ionosphere disturbance could lead to early warning system

When the devastating 9.0 earthquake hit Japan earlier this year, scientists discovered shortly thereafter that the disturbance reached all the way up into the ionosphere, one of the highest levels of Earth's atmosphere. Now data analyzed by geodesist and geophysicist Kosuke Heki at Hokkaido University shows that the quake may have also generated ripples in the ionosphere before it actually hit on the ground.

Heki analyzed data from more than 1,000 GPS receivers in Japan, and discovered that disruptions of the electrically charged particles in the ionosphere caused measurable anomalies in radio signals between satellites and ground receivers. An 8% rise in the total electron content of the ionosphere above the epicenter occurred about 40 minutes before the earthquake actually hit. The effect was greatest near the epicenter, and lessened farther out.

The Navy is not going to give a heads-up in order to allow us to predict and pinpoint the latest test of the HAARP weapon; that's why this website giving HAARP status is invaluable. Also, nobody involved with HAARP, alive today, really knows what will happen in some of these tests and so some of the weather etc. phenomena caused by HAARP is an 'accident.' The ionosphere is non-linear. It shouldn't be provoked. I'd pay attention SO CA.

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 08:23 PM
link   
Pay attention to what exactly? A website that uses rehashed weather maps claiming the patterns are a result of HAARP?

A site that in no way explains how they gather their data. (If any data exists at all)

A site that unlike every other open public research program won't share how it's getting it's data

A site that's ran by a known hoaxer/ lunatic?

That's what they should pay attention to?

REally?

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 08:39 PM
link   
reply to post by luxordelphi

that's why this website giving HAARP status is invaluable

Too bad it hasn't changed since September 10.

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 09:14 PM
link   

I think I remember from one of Jesse Ventura's conspiracy theory programs that they put out somewhere near a billion watts.
If the source is Jesse Ventura's conspiracy theory program, he might have said anything, but he was hardly acknowledging the official information which claims the radiated power output is about 3600 kilowatts (nowhere near a billion watts):

www.haarp.alaska.edu...

The HAARP antenna array consists of 180 antennas on a total land area of about 35 acres. The array, along with its integrated transmitters, has a total radiated power capability of about 3,600 kilowatts.

Whatever number he makes up, I'll bet I can make up a bigger number!

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 09:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by 369821
Step away from the internet, exit the basement and get some sun light. A lot of people on this site believe that HAARP is some super powerful machine capable of incredible things. But, yet, there is 0 proof of that belief.

Can you tell us then what it's for 369821?

Thanks.

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 09:30 PM
link   

I think I remember from one of Jesse Ventura's conspiracy theory programs that they put out somewhere near a billion watts.
If the source is Jesse Ventura's conspiracy theory program, he might have said anything, but he was hardly acknowledging the official information which claims the radiated power output is about 3600 kilowatts (nowhere near a billion watts):

www.haarp.alaska.edu...

The HAARP antenna array consists of 180 antennas on a total land area of about 35 acres. The array, along with its integrated transmitters, has a total radiated power capability of about 3,600 kilowatts.

Whatever number he makes up, I'll bet I can make up a bigger number!

I love to listen to Jesse Ventura on conspiracy theories. It gives me a much needed rest from reality - LOL

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 09:36 PM
link   
reply to post by NewAgeMan

www.haarp.alaska.edu...
Researching possible military communication with submerged submarines, among other things.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join