posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 03:16 PM
I've got not so great news. So I took Loli in to vet today. She was concerned when I was there the other day about the swelling of her leg, but she
figured it would go down in 2 or 3 days which is why she wanted me to bring her back for surgery in a couple days. However, Loli's leg is still
swollen. Not as bad as it was when she was there the other day, but enough that she wants to wait a few more days. She gave me an antibiotic to give
her over the weekend, not sure why she didn't do that to begin with but whatever I guess. And I'm supposed to bring her back first thing Tuesday
morning....Tuesday?!? Not Monday! I think her schedule is booked solid Monday is what her receptionist said. But Dr. Jobe reassured me that waiting a
few more days will be for the best. She was just glad the swelling had went down some, that's a good sign that it will continue to do so.
She didn't tell me this when I was there the other day because she didn't want to freak me out especially since I had told her I already would have
to find a way to get the money to cover it, but she told me today that if the swelling hadn't gone down when I came back she was going to have to
have her see a specialist to do the surgery. Yeah I'm glad she left that tidbit of information to herself last time because I would've been even
more worried than I already was.
She offered to let Loli stay there this weekend, free of charge, so she could just get started as soon as she got there Tuesday, but I brought her
home. The vet won't be there all weekend. Her assistant would be but there were other animals staying the weekend, several dogs that would probably
be barking and such, so I just felt like I could keep her more comfortable at home with her family.
I was so excited that she was finally getting her surgery, so I'm pretty bummed out that we have to wait even longer.