It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NATO air strike kills eight Afghan women

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+2 more 
posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 01:20 PM
link   

At least eight women have died in a Nato air strike in Afghanistan's eastern province of Laghman, local officials say.

Nato has conceded that between five and eight civilians died as it targeted insurgents, and offered condolences. Afghan President Hamid Karzai "strongly condemned" the deaths and has sent officials to the area to investigate. Earlier on Sunday, four US soldiers with the Nato forces were killed in an attack by suspected Afghan police. The attack in southern Zabul province brought to 51 the number of Nato troops killed in "insider attacks" this year, and came a day after two UK soldiers were killed at a checkpoint in Helmand by a man in police uniform.

Now do you know why the Muslim world is pissed? Every week or so, their civilians are killed. Women and children are killed. The movie was just a spark - the fuel had been building up for a long time.

No one will care about these women, people will still be more worried about the diplomat that was killed. Seems Muslim life is very cheap to westerners...

www.bbc.co.uk...
edit on 16/9/2012 by GLaDOS because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 01:31 PM
link   
That sector was heavily forested and had been intel that insurgents often hid there.

It was most unfortunate that those women happened to be there in that war zone, and most certainly NATO forces were not targetting them, but rather, the militants whom had murdered innocent civilians in broad daylight open country.

President Kharzi is a bum. He screams bloody murder right now at NATO forces, and yet when innocent civilians and nato troops were murdered, where was his outrage?

It only goes to show he prefers and panders to the Talibans, the very beasts whom had refused to talk but to exterminate humankind, rather than take a harder stance against them.

His refusal to take such a stance against the criminals will cost him dearly, from nato nation taxpayers whom had sacrificed their savings to help the afghan people, as well as the innocent afghanis and even border pakistanis whom had suffered enough and want the Taliban bullies exterminated.

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 01:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by GLaDOS

Muslim life is very cheap to westerners...

You know "Muslim" is a religion, not a race.. eh?

How do you know those women weren't Catholics or maybe even Athiests?

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 01:35 PM
link   
Winning the hearts and minds....

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 01:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by CALGARIAN

Yes I am aware of that.
And because 99.8% of Afghan people are Muslim. It is very, VERY unlikely they were Catholic.

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 01:37 PM
link   
I dont know what to say oops>?

Tragic event really hope they had their peace with God
edit on 16-9-2012 by popcornmafia because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 01:38 PM
link   
Collateral damage, unless of course your Syria, Libya or Egypt, then its a war crime.

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 01:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by SeekerofTruth101
nato troops were murdered, where was his outrage?
His refusal to take such a stance against the criminals will cost him dearly, from nato nation taxpayers whom had sacrificed their savings to help the afghan people, as well as the innocent afghanis and even border pakistanis whom had suffered enough and want the Taliban bullies exterminated.

What the heck are you talking about? No one wants NATO troops there in the first place. Did the Afghans ask NATO to invade them?
edit on 16/9/2012 by GLaDOS because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 01:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by CALGARIAN

Yes I am aware of that.
And because 99.8% of Afghan people are Muslim. It is very, VERY unlikely they were Catholic.

Yes but this is one attack in one country. From what you said, it appears you meant anyone being killed in that region.

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 01:48 PM
link   
reply to post by GLaDOS

Now do you know why the Muslim world is pissed? Every week or so, their civilians are killed. Women and children are killed. The movie was just a spark - the fuel had been building up for a long time.

Maybe the 10 years we’ve been at war with them has pissed them off?

No one will care about these women, people will still be more worried about the diplomat that was killed. Seems Muslim life is very cheap to westerners...

I don’t hear you upset about this loss of life……not sure it's even been mentioned on ATS.

Afghan police killed four American soldiers coming to their aid after a checkpoint attack Sunday, the third "insider" assault by government forces or insurgents disguised in military uniforms in as many days.

So far this year, 51 international service members have died at the hands of Afghan soldiers or policemen or insurgents wearing their uniforms. At least 12 such attacks came in August alone, leaving 15 dead.
link

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 01:53 PM
link   
reply to post by seabag

Again, I present the same point. The Afghans did NOT ask you to go there! NATO went there with their own choice.

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 01:56 PM
link   
No more bombing of foreign lands. NATO take your troops back to their country's. Or at least stop with the killing please I am begging you!

There is no reason for us to be there unless we want natural resources or opium.

(I think they want it)

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 01:56 PM
link   
reply to post by GLaDOS

Again, I present the same point. The Afghans did NOT ask you to go there! NATO went there with their own choice.

Then they shouldn’t have provided a safe haven and training grounds for terrorists who attacked the US of A.

You can’t cry about collateral damage when you’re knowingly housing the target.

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 01:57 PM
link   
reply to post by seabag

Oh, I'm sorry. You believe the official story of 9/11. I should've known.

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 01:59 PM
link   
These things happen. Its just a fact of war. Too bad. Hope they were right with whatever God they prayed to.

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 02:01 PM
link   

reply to post by seabag

Only nut jobs and third world muslims don't

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 02:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by 369821
These things happen. Its just a fact of war. Too bad. Hope they were right with whatever God they prayed to.

That doesn't seem to be the case when American citizens die. Then it is a big deal.

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 02:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by popcornmafia

reply to post by seabag

Only nut jobs and third world muslims don't

Well, we seem to have different views. Only a nut job can believe the official 9/11 story.
Reinforced steel collapsing because of fire? Nah.

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 02:06 PM
link   
One thing for sure.

Everyone connected to the killing of these innocent women will go to hell with blood on their hands.

Everyone. Arms dealers, weapons manufacturers, c/o giving the command, soldiers and politicians making these wars happen.

Now that is good ole' justice.

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 02:06 PM
link   

reply to post by seabag

Who is it that NATO is targeting??

Who is fighting us?

You act as though we’re just there for no damn reason.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join