It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

PEACEFUL "Muslim Protest" in my city today.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 12:06 AM
link   
We know that all muslims are not extremists. But it does not change the fact that the extremists ones must be dealt with, if causing trouble inside our country. For the ones overseas, we would not lose any Americans if we were not there in the first place.

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 02:58 AM
link   
reply to post by daaskapital

daaskapital knows what's up.

coming to a city near you...

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 03:10 AM
link   

So why come to this thread and derail it ? I mean, we already have a thread about riots in Australia, why post those pictures in this thread ?

PS. There are several threads about riots in Australia. You are the author of one of them btw, so why come to this thread and post pics you already have posted somewhere else ?

edit on 17-9-2012 by ArtooDetoo because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 04:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by ArtooDetoo

So why come to this thread and derail it ? I mean, we already have a thread about riots in Australia, why post those pictures in this thread ?

PS. There are several threads about riots in Australia. You are the author of one of them btw, so why come to this thread and post pics you already have posted somewhere else ?

edit on 17-9-2012 by ArtooDetoo because: (no reason given)

I didn't derail this thread,

I was being serious when i said i am glad that everything is peaceful over there. I posted the pictures to show the contrasting events in different Western countries.

Oh and by the way, only one of the pics in my post was from one of my threads...

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 04:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by jedi_hamster
amongst all those mindless war & doom threads on ATS, this one deserves all the flags it can get.

second line needed? you're joking, right?

No, it doesnt. One reported so called peaceful rally by these people does not make up for the hundreds of violent protests and numerous calls for the murder of westerners across the world.
They act like spoiled little kids. /spit

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 05:37 AM
link   
reply to post by jeramie

Nice!

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 06:08 AM
link   
Voilent protests are more profitable so that’s what will garner the focus, not peaceful protests... Unfortunately.

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 07:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by daaskapital
Nice to see that everything is peaceful over there

Meanwhile in Australia:

So, what's your point? Or is there no other point than to show, once again, the intolerance of a minority (both in the Muslim and non-Muslim factions).

I don't see the point of you posting that other than to rile up more hatred in response to EVIDENCE that not all Muslims are the same.

Let me guess, you're hoping that the violence will continue, and escalate, and you think that posting the same old pics of a minority of idiots is going to contribute to that hatred and intolerance?

I have more faith in the people of ATS that they'll see your post for what it is.

On the OP, it's great to see this. Meanwhile the BBC is reporting that some group has called for the protests to continue. I wonder why all the MSM can focus on is the negative, could it be that there is a narrative they want to tell and one they want to ignore? Much like their complete lack of coverage of the Occupy movement for two weeks when that started.

I think it might be time people started contacting the MSM and asking why they're not reporting on the moderate Muslims protesting against the intolerance and violence.

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 07:19 AM
link   
reply to post by detachedindividual

If you bother to read my reply to another poster, you will understand my point.

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 08:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Unity_99
When Sharia was being phased into our Court Systems, the moderate group in Canada, were very much active speakers against it, they themselves raised a huge cry, and it was stopped.

More than anything, why would any legitimate government co-opt their justice system with the justice system of immigrants? Does that make any sense whatsoever to you? Red flags. Immigrants assimilate. Victors take over and rule.

Some governments are inputting such high numbers of Muslims that they are creating a demographic time bomb. The high Muslim birth rate, coupled with low western birth rates means our children will inherit a social nightmare. A Muslim nightmare. A live-and-let-live attitude will mean the indigenous will not be able to socially compete.

I could be entirely wrong, but it appears that governments importing large numbers of Muslim immigrants are trying to create social conflict. In one example, JihadWatch.org had this to say:

"As JihadWatch has reported, 100 percent of convicted rapists in Oslo have non-Western background. According to the Oslo police, non-Western immigrants rape because they are brought up with a view of women that makes them more likely to become rapists. It would be more precise to say that they just follow their religion, which allows them to rape non-Muslim women."

I'm not racist, but I don't believe western cultures and Muslims are compatible -- too many fundamental differences. Like oil and water, these systems will not blend, but will seek to separate ..... and only one will be on top.

edit on 17-9-2012 by jcarpenter because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 11:29 AM
link   
Does anyone ever stop to think why there are peaceful protest and violent ones? Its all in the numbers when the numbers are in your favor you are emboldened to act out. Combine that with the strength/weakness of the existing demographics your outcome will change each time.

Look into the demographics at each place.

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 11:41 AM
link   
To just highlight the prevalence of Islamist mentality i.e. the mentality safeguarded in the cornerstone theology of Al Ghazali, just look at Muslims in Australia; look at their response.

They walk the streets in aggressive anger saying - what to us is absolutely ridiculous - "You cannot insult the prophet Mohammad" - in all honesty and sincerity.

This has nothing to do with economic impoverishment or "american exploitation"; this is Australia. These are Australian Muslims, MERELY ACTING according to the dictates of shari'a.

Does this not strike you as fanatical?? Imagine what would happen if these people were a majority, instead of a minority? This is Islam in a position of demographic weakness; and still, look at how pugnacious they are.

Some people say "they take their religion very seriously" - damn right! And by implication, they don't give a damn about what you think or believe, which means, they don't recognize any 'individual rights' for you to speak your mind; they do not think you have a right to speak as a non-Muslim about Islam, since according to Islam, Islam is the 'natural state of man'; therefore, as a non-Muslim, Muslims merely need to tolerate your impiety in denying Islam.

The situation differs depending on context. Witness Syria; the poor Christians fleeing the country for their lives are outrunning the Islamist sunni opposition - the "Free Syrian Army" - which has been massacring Christians wherever they gain control. See how they function? Islam in a position of power means danger and oppression to non-Muslims. It isn't a 'radical' strain, but basic, orthodox Sunni Islam, rooted in the theology of Ibn Hanbal, Al Ashari, and most of all, Al Ghazali. This is an expression of Sunni Islam's emphasis of All as Pure Will. Very similar in effect to Nietzsche's deification of the will and it's abuse by the Nazis, Islamists do not engage in 'diplomacy' - that is a stipulation of reason, and its only called for when Islam is in a position of weakness; but when Islam is strong, the quickest way to put the will into effect is through ACTION i.e. the sword. Just look at the flag of the Islamist Saudi Arabia, where Sharia is the whole of the law: A SWORD; a sword symbolizes ACTION - from WILL to ACTION. No discussion, just submission (islam actually means submission) and obedience.

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 11:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by CALGARIAN

Around 200 Muslims gathered at City Hall Plaza for prayer and an information gathering to inform the public about the peaceful nature of Islam and to offer support for peace in Syria.

“This protest is not about a movie — this protest is about a story. This protest is about ending the story of hate and starting the story of love,” speaker Mahdi Qas Qas said.

www.calgarysun.com...

When protesters occupy or riot in the U.S, media reports it's "only a few people" but when it's in the Middle-East the media tends to portray it as the whole country in shambles. (Even though they are both newly "liberated" countries.)

See here in Calgary, not one incident after a few hour (and on going) protest. These people are living in a Western culture and contribute to our society just like all other Canadians a like. You see the disastrous photos of over in Libya and Egypt, and reports are saying it's only about 150 to 200 people directly involved when we're talking about a countries with MILLIONS of people. Great spin-doctors eh?

All religions are about peace and morals and the fact these riots in the M.E, in most cases directed as Western Embassies, are all to do with blow-back and people in general who are pissed off due to poor economy and sparse education. This has nothing to do with the mockery of a movie, even though that's what the media is trying to push that this is all about, nor IMO does it have to do with religion.

edit on 16-9-2012 by CALGARIAN because: (no reason given)

Did it say his name was Mahdi? Interesting. The Mahdi is supposed to be the one who comes back. He is supposed to usher in seven years of peace.

This is supposed to be the 12th imam. What does the Bible say about the man who ushers in seven years of peace? He is the anti-Christ.

The first general sign of the mahdi

There are many signs that will precede him, a general and very important sign is that he will come at a time when there is great confutation, intense disputes and violent deaths. When people are afflicted by disturbance and experiencing great fear. Calamities will fall upon the people, so much so that a man shall not find a shelter to shelter him self from oppression. There will be battles and fitnaas before his appearance. Every time a fitnaa has come to end, another will start, spread and intensify. The people will be troubled to such an extent that they will long for death. It is then that Imam Mahdi will be sent.

The Mahdi is the anti-Christ.

Matthew 24

4 And Jesus answered and said unto them, Take heed that no man deceive you. 5 For many shall come in my name, saying, I am Christ; and shall deceive many. 6 And ye shall hear of wars and rumours of wars: see that ye be not troubled: for all these things must come to pass, but the end is not yet. 7 For nation shall rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom: and there shall be famines, and pestilences, and earthquakes, in divers places. 8 All these are the beginning of sorrows. 9 Then shall they deliver you up to be afflicted, and shall kill you: and ye shall be hated of all nations for my name's sake. 10 And then shall many be offended, and shall betray one another, and shall hate one another. 11 And many false prophets shall rise, and shall deceive many. 12 And because iniquity shall abound, the love of many shall wax cold. 13 But he that shall endure unto the end, the same shall be saved. 14 And this gospel of the kingdom shall be preached in all the world for a witness unto all nations; and then shall the end come.

We already knew it is coming.

Matthew 24

21 For then shall be great tribulation, such as was not since the beginning of the world to this time, no, nor ever shall be. 22 And except those days should be shortened, there should no flesh be saved: but for the elect's sake those days shall be shortened. 23 Then if any man shall say unto you, Lo, here is Christ, or there; believe it not. 24 For there shall arise false Christs, and false prophets, and shall shew great signs and wonders; insomuch that, if it were possible, they shall deceive the very elect.

Jesus is saying the false prophets will come, false Christs will come, and if you believe them, you have been deceived. The Mahdi is a false Christ spoken by the false prophet Mohammed. This has convinced me even more that the Mahdi of Mohammed is the anti-Christ.

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 02:29 PM
link   
Was it anything like this 'peaceful protest'?

www.civilliberty.org.uk...

Who do you think you're kidding? Are we to wait until there are so many muslims in OUR countries, that it ends in mass murder? You idiot, morons like you are going to get millions of people killed. Muslims have made it quite clear what their goal is - to take over the entire world, and left wing cretings like you think that appeasing them is going to make it all go away.

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 02:32 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 04:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by daaskapital
reply to post by detachedindividual

If you bother to read my reply to another poster, you will understand my point.

Pssst.....they don't want to understand your point.....conservative = bad, Christianity=bad, anything that doesn't lead to their mindset=bad.

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 07:39 PM
link   
Nevermind
edit on 18-9-2012 by Vaedur because: Nevermind

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 05:17 AM
link   
reply to post by CALGARIAN

Islam a religion of peace? Tell that to the millions of Christians who used to live in North Africa, I am sure the Armenians would find your notions amusing as well. Islam is a religion of the sword. We must remember the fall of Byzantine to the Islamic horde and remember what happened when the Byzantines trusted the muslims to be "peaceful".

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 06:48 AM
link   

Wow.... looks like Sydney has a bigger problem than London!!

Whats it like in other parts of Australia?

I ask this as I have been toying with the idea of Immigrating possibly to Oz if things get worse over here...

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join