It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did this 78 yr old man really beat 'incurable' cancer just by changing his diet?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 12:19 PM
link   
reply to post by nobodysavedme

Both links don't work, please try again

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 12:48 PM
link   
reply to post by antonia

Atherosclerosis is unavoidable. When I refer to heart disease in Traditional Inuit, I specifically mean deaths from cardiovascular events. Regardless, there was still no obesity and diabetes, and cancer was almost non existant. Ignoring these facts doesn't make them go away.

And, again, regardng osteoporosis, pre westernized Inuit and modern Inuit are two different animals.

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 01:09 PM
link   
I was 54 years old when I was diagnosed with head and neck cancer. Was told by ENT to go home and get my house in order because this time next year I would not be here. An old retired doctor friend of the family then examined me and stood by me in the operating room. After surgery I had lost a lot of my left shoulder and good portion of neck. The prognosis was the same. No hope in sight. The family doc insisted that I take no radiation or chemo because that will kill a cancer sick body.

The doctor friend then brought me some PH Strips that I put under my tongue twice a day. This would tell me what to eat and what not to eat. The PH balance should be as alkaline as you can get and stay that way after your body adjusts itself to become as acid free as possible. Lots of fresh fruit and lots of fresh greens. No more red meat and sugar. I do drink eight glasses of filtered water a day and stay away from the fluoride and chemical sweeteners. Had to learn to get rid of the salt shaker and that was my hardest part in eating. It's some thing like God made from the beginning. All Adam had was the fruit and herbs and he did a good job in living a long life.

I'm now well over 30 years since that operation and going on ninety. Don't feel good at times but think we all have those days. I do not use the PH strips any more cause I can almost tell how my body is doing after all these years but one thing I can vouch for is that PH balance is the key to good health. The old doctor friend is long gone and what he did for me did work.

I do believe that young or healthy people may not have to go to the extreme measure that I had to do but I do believe that if they get the PH strips and use them in their daily life that gradually they will see what the bad things to the body are. After they adjust to what these bad things are to their body they can simply make it a maintenance habit. Way back then the old doc told me that cancer feeds on sugar and that cancer cannot live in a alkaline body. That really surprised me.

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 01:20 PM
link   
reply to post by caladonea

I am not sure how long the human body can go without protein, but I saw a documentary that I'm sure a few people here have seen its called "Fat Sick and Nearly Dead"

The main idea of the documentary is this wealthy guy from Australia is sick from eating too many cheese burgers, and he gets some sort of rare disease or something from having an unhealthy diet. (by rare i mean its not cancer or diabetes) so he goes on this diet of strictly juice

2 cups Kale
2 cups Spinach
1/2 Cucumber
4 stalks Celery
2 Green Apples
1” Ginger root

he drinks this for quite some time, like a month or something. no protein, So i guess the body can live without it for a while anyway

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 01:20 PM
link   

Google Video Link

Great documentary.. watch! Great thing that at least apricot kernels can be sold raw. Hopefully they won't follow in bitter almonds' path.

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 01:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by antonia

There are some reasons for this. Inuits have a very high rate of parasitic infection. Most human parasites lower LDL cholesterol and make it harder to get calories from your food. So, unless you are willing to get one of those infections I don't suggest their diet. Furthermore, they have the highest rate of osteoporosis.

The pre-westernized Inuit had a high rate of parasitic infection because of their exposure to killed animals, their proximity to dogs year round and the fact that they often ate raw meat. Suggesting that parasites protected them from heart disease by lowering LDL is laughable. Studies have shown that parasitic infections also elevate LDL (since LDL is used to fight parasitic and bacterial infections).

And to even suggest that parasites are responsible for preventing obesity as well through malabsorption of calories... you should really take another look what the Inuit's living conditions and stature was. The men were indeed robust, not underweight, which suggests that their wasn't any malnutrition from parasitic infections.

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 01:59 PM
link   
I've worked in and out of the health food scene for years, and I have met SO MANY PEOPLE that healed themselves of all kinds of death sentences with a +/- organic, raw, vegan diet.

*HOWEVER, there are also lots of people who do this kind of diet long-term, who are initially thrilled by the healing, great health, and fear of becoming ill, etc. again... and end up getting wasted by the diet, long-term.

Cleansing is awesome! Please! Eat lots of fresh, real food and get toxins out of your body.

But there is a point at which you have to ask: does anyone really need to be cleansing for EIGHT years? There are no vegan cultures in history. Lacto-ovo-vegetarian, yes. Vegans love to cite the China Study, but that was actually about health in cultures that ate SMALL amounts of meat, not zero, which is very different if you want to look at good health over a span of decades, not a short-term, pull-the-e-brake, reaction-to-toxic-society, miracle cure.

I think the plant-based healing diets are an amazing TOOL that must be used appropriately. But once the plants have healed you, it might be time to look into indigenous health.

What did you ancestors eat? Plants AND animal products, I guarantee it. But lots of the food was wild, and the animal products sure as heck are nothing like what's on the shelves at stores today. Learning to hunt/fish, getting to local farmer's market, finding a cow/goat share, these are all things you can do to get those valuable nutrients that are important for long-term health, in addition to loading up on healthy fruits and veg. And... this is all much more earth-friendly, and animal-friendly.

I healed myself of all kinds of ailments by adapting a plant-based diet. I learned everything I could, made sure I was getting my RDAs, fermented food, did the whole nine. And a decade later, I started getting panic attacks and heart palpitations... which eventually led me to finding many other ex-veggies and raw foodies who experienced the same. A little bit of HIGH QUALITY (absolutely nothing processed!) animal products fixed those problems instantly.

The moral of the story is, NEVER stop learning and never shut your ears to information! The body's requirements for health can change over time. And... ALWAYS eat real (organic) food, whatever that food may be.

edit on 17-9-2012 by manicminxx because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 02:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Skywatcher2011

Big Pharma is about money, stock price, they cant make you better
cures for cancer have been suppressed for 100 years or more, google it

Big pharma wants to find remedies you need to keep buying

bankster controlled

google mms1 Jim Humble

a shaman would be a safer bet than big pharma

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 03:07 PM
link   

Metabolic therapy strikes again!
Google Harold Manner metabolic cancer therapy.
it is well known and in some animal experiments was almost 100% effective.
Limbo

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 03:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by DevolutionEvolvd
reply to post by antonia

Atherosclerosis is unavoidable. When I refer to heart disease in Traditional Inuit, I specifically mean deaths from cardiovascular events.

Atherosclerosis is heart disease. You cannot simply ignore that because it suits your dietary needs. Without atherosclerosis you have a rather small chance of a heart attack. Don't pull that paleo truthiness crap on me.

And, again, regarding osteoporosis, pre westernized Inuit and modern Inuit are two different animals.

You accuse me of ignoring facts yet here you are ignoring one. If animal foods protected against such a thing then they shouldn't have it right? I can also bring up the Nordic countries who have a very high rate of osteoporosis and consume large amounts of animal products.

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 03:25 PM
link   

That's a good way of looking at things.

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 03:30 PM
link   

Suggesting that parasites protected them from heart disease by lowering LDL is laughable.

www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov...
www.lipidworld.com...
www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov...

Certain parasitic infections metabolize blood cholesterol. Most primitive tribal member will test postive for the parasites in question. This has been studied by people smarter than us and generally speaking lower blood serum cholesterol goes hand in hand with parasitic infection.

you should really take another look what the Inuit's living conditions and stature was. The men were indeed robust, not underweight, which suggests that their wasn't any malnutrition from parasitic infections.

According to who? Chris Masterjohn? Anyway, I did not say thin did i? I said it would naturally lower the caloric content one gets from their food. Most people who carry parasites are not dying from malnutrition due to their infection. This would be maladaptive on the part of the parasite, it would die as well. However, it's unlikely you would get fat if you had that infection.

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 03:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by antonia

reply to post by antonia

Atherosclerosis is unavoidable. When I refer to heart disease in Traditional Inuit, I specifically mean deaths from cardiovascular events.

Atherosclerosis is heart disease. You cannot simply ignore that because it suits your dietary needs. Without atherosclerosis you have a rather small chance of a heart attack. Don't pull that paleo truthiness crap on me.

And, again, regarding osteoporosis, pre westernized Inuit and modern Inuit are two different animals.

You accuse me of ignoring facts yet here you are ignoring one. If animal foods protected against such a thing then they shouldn't have it right? I can also bring up the Nordic countries who have a very high rate of osteoporosis and consume large amounts of animal products.

Can I suggest you pop over to the vitamin c foundation.and begin re evaluating your opinion on atherosclerosis being incurable?
Limbo
www.vitamincfoundation.org...

www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 17-9-2012 by Limbo because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 03:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Limbo

I did not say it was incurable. Please read things before responding.

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 03:34 PM
link   
reply to post by davidsander

Where do gorillas, elephants, horses get their protein? Green foods containing amino acids which are used to build proteins as needed. I personally lived 105 days on nothing but a 1/2 gallon a day of fresh juice similar to the one in the recipe you gave. There are also many other good non-animal sources of protein. Check out this guy, a vegan bodybuilder: veganbodybuilding.com...
edit on 17-9-2012 by jahn369 because: (no reason given)

edit on 17-9-2012 by jahn369 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 03:42 PM
link   
reply to post by jahn369

We evolved into Omnivours a really long time ago. It's hard to get back to living on strictly veggies. Some genetic lines have eaten very little meat and these people can process veggies better than meats.
edit on 17-9-2012 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 03:53 PM
link   
reply to post by rickymouse

I assure you, I come from a long line of dedicated meat eaters and was one myself until about 30. I'm now 43 and much healthier and happier as a vegan. I'm a raw-foodist in fact. I do agree that there are different metabolic types determined by genetics, and that these different types thrive on diets that emphasize different foods(fat vs. sugar vs. protein), but I believe that all of them are more than capable of being vegetarian. I believe that the difficulty you mention has more to do with physical and emotional addiction than to genetic disposition.

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 04:01 PM
link   
reply to post by antonia

I never said atherosclerosis, or arteriosclerosis, wasn't heart disease. Neither have I endorsed the Paleo diet; in fact, I've been talking about this since before the Paleo movement started. And, again, you're ignoring the issue and my points.

The Nordic countries are irrelevant unless they're consuming a diet that is entirely from animals; one similar to the Traditional Inuit.

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 04:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by davidsander
reply to post by caladonea

he drinks this for quite some time, like a month or something. no protein, So i guess the body can live without it for a while anyway

No, he did have protein. All fruits and vegetables have it, just in smaller amounts than animal products.

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 04:14 PM
link   

reply to post by antonia

I never said atherosclerosis, or arteriosclerosis, wasn't heart disease.

You stated the Inuit did not get heart disease, you then attempted moved the goal post. You were wrong and that is all.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join