It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did this 78 yr old man really beat 'incurable' cancer just by changing his diet?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 09:21 PM
link   
reply to post by bigfatfurrytexan

Enter my Texan friend!

Otto Warburg was awarded a nobel prize for his discovery that tumors, or cencer cells are glycolitic, meaning they metabolize glucose for energy.

I hope you're own regimen is still going well for you.

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 09:43 PM
link   
reply to post by DevolutionEvolvd

Brain tumors are especially glycolitic while lung and pancreatic, and some other, cancers can adapt to metabolizing glutamine.

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 10:13 PM
link   
reply to post by caladonea

I have a chart that I've been making that lists all of the essential nutrients required for optimal performance, and their food sources. Which proteins, in particular are you asking about? The proteins that we currently consume in meat contain the amino acids that were bio-synthesized by the plants they ate...

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 10:39 PM
link   
its def a fact. if you dont know by now that diet can fix everything then you havent been on ats for very long

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 11:31 PM
link   
I have read through the thread and would like to make some statements and offer some information I have recently come across.

1 - GMO foods - The big agribusinesses only conducted short term studies on the safety of their GMO crops. Some scientists and doctors undertook a long term study and found that lab mice fed a GMO diet for longer periods all had developed problems in their organs while their control group fed a non GMO diet were OK at the end of the study. One in particular studied mice on a diet of GMO potatoes had severe liver failure while mice from the same group fed a non GMO potato diet had no such problem. I believe I also read that the offspring of lab animals fed the GMO diet were born with internal organ problems.

2 - The success of the gentleman mentioned by the OP is only anecdotal evidence since he was not properly monitored during the dietary changeover. But there are some studies that show that changing to a plant based diet will help in many areas of health including weight control.

There is a new video and accompanying book with recipes that I have recently seen and was impressed enough to buy the book/video combo pack from amazon. It is called "Forks Over Knives". The authors of the program claim that going on an all plant diet can help in many areas of health. They cite their own years long studies that show that people who follow the plant based regimen properly (balanced nutrients to avoid deficiencies) have in most cases avoided diseases and those who were sick had a high rate of success beating their diseases, including cancer, and were able to reach a proper weight and maintain it.

NOTE - I am not making a claim one way or another about whether this system works or not but I am impressed enough with it that I am giving it a try. After only a couple of weeks I am seeing some improvement in overall health and a little weight loss. However, I have had early success with other regimens in the past only to have them stop working as soon as I reached a plateau. I think my fat cells are intelligent enough to set hooks to keep from being flushed out as soon as they realize I am serious about weight loss and that is where it levels off with little or no further benefits. We will see if the Forks Over Knives regimen works for more than the initial success level when I have been on it for a few months.

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 11:34 PM
link   
All of those things may have helped.

But nothing helped more than the apricot seeds. From the research I've done, and the testimonials I've read, apricot seeds, cure all kinds of cancer. They are the only cure for cancer that we need. I do believe that he ate enough seeds to beat his cancer.

7 seeds per day is what a healthy person should eat. 25 seeds per day is what a cancer patient should eat. Taken throughout the day. A healthy diet along with these can't hurt at all.

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 11:52 PM
link   
Meat and dairy are not the culprits. It's MODERN meat and dairy. Hormone and antibiotic filled meat and dairy.

That's why I switched to grassfed beef only, with no hormones and no antibiotics. Just cows grazing on grass. Grass. And no fertilizer or pesticides are used on the grass...

Same thing with milk. All I drink is raw unpasturized milk from cows that eat grass and are notpumped with antibiotics or hormones to produce un-natural amounts of milk. That's how I cured my blood sugar problem 6 years ago. I'm an RN and it saddens me what the medical establishment teaches about diet. Criminal, really.

If red meat was bad for you, the plains indians, who lived on buffalo, would have been dropping dead of cancer. But they only started doing that after we took away their natural diet and started giving them rations of flour and sugar. Now thehy are the most unhealthy people in the US.

Plant based diets are for herbavores. We are not herbavores, we are omnivores. Herbavores are prey. We are not prey, we are preditors. A vegan diet will catch up withyou eventually. I know a set of twins. One is an omnivore, the other went vegan early in high school. They are 23 now. The vegan is weak and pale. The omnivore is strong and has a healthy skin tone.

Then there's the junk foods like modern wheat (a real killer) and just about any processed, boxed food out there.

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 12:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Skywatcher2011

There is a cure for many cancers. But no commoner has access to it because pharmacy is big business. Not long ago, I remember reading about the University of Alberta finding a cure for some cancer and that mainstream media wasn't covering the story.

One of my family members spent their life savings to fly to Mexico to get an alternative cancer treatment, which consisted of surgery, followed by a few weeks of diet and excercises changes, combined with spiritual healing. 2 years now and cancer free.

And regarding traditional Inuit diet. I live in Northern Canada and still live among these people.
They eat and buy way more red meat than your average population. I know because I used to sell it to them.
They also have very poor skin than your average population.
Yes, they may have had lower rates of heart disease, etc before the white man showed up, but that is because life expectancy was lower in those days as well.
Even now, with high rates of poverty, it is rare to see an extremely old Inuit person.
edit on 17-9-2012 by smilesmcgee because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 12:46 AM
link   
reply to post by DevolutionEvolvd

I have stopped trying to really even lose weight now. I have gone from a 56" waist to a 36" waist, and lost about 225 lbs. Couldn't have gone better.

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 01:07 AM
link   

I think many diseases and sicknesses can be prevented with proper nutrition.
In my opinion this goes for cancer as well. Of course anyone can get cancer even if they do follow a specific, healthy, strict diet their whole lives since they are exposed to certain quantities of radiation and waves of of the spectrum, which are pretty much impossible to avoid if you live anywhere on this planet.

But I do still believe you have a better chance of reducing your chances at cancer or other sicknesses if you do eat the right foods MOST of the time, not even all the time.

Like chicken soup having medicinal properties to help common colds or flus. Not cure but help.
Many people with heart diseases probably could have prevented it by eating healthier. And I believe they can reverse their condition if they start now with proper diet and nutrition.

Also, I am not religion-affiliation, however, I believe the power of prayer can help to cure ailments, including cancer.
Not necessarily because God made the ailment go away, but because the human mind is a powerful thing. And believing and having hope to live and be cured can sometimes go a long way and promote actual physical and biological cures that can be documented.

Of course there will still be people who are pro-medicine and pharmaceuticals rather than natural cures because that is what the mainstream consensus would have you seek out to help your conditions. Medicine is helpful sometimes, and many people are helped by it's properties. But that doesn't medicine is the only fail-safe answer to cancer and other ailments. It's only an option; a convenient, often times unhealthy, and should-be last-resort, approach.

edit on 17-9-2012 by unb3k44n7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 01:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by VeritasAequitas

I have a chart that I've been making that lists all of the essential nutrients required for optimal performance, and their food sources. Which proteins, in particular are you asking about? The proteins that we currently consume in meat contain the amino acids that were bio-synthesized by the plants they ate...

Can you scan and post this chart up on ATS, or this thread please? Thanks!

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 01:15 AM
link   
Maybe some of his "Herbs" and crushed "Grass" ?

CANNABIS CURES CANCERS..

RUN FROM THE CURE - Full Version
www.youtube.com...

Cured Too A Cancer Story
www.youtube.com...

On Facebook
Cannabis Cures Cancers

More Interesting reading from Rick Simpson

The current restrictions against hemp were put in place and maintained, not because hemp is evil or harmful, but for big money to make more big money, while we suffer and die needlessly. Look at a proposal such as this; if we were allowed to grow hemp in our back yards and cure our own illnesses, what do you think the reaction of the pharmaceutical industry would be to such a plan? Many large pharmaceutical companies that still exist today sold hemp based medicines in the 1800′s and early 1900′s. They knew then what I have recently found out. Hemp oil if produced properly is a cure-all that the pharmaceutical industry can’t patent.

phoenixtears.ca...

edit on 9/17/2012 by finishr1 because: imbebing vid did not work

edit on 9/17/2012 by finishr1 because: added link

edit on 9/17/2012 by finishr1 because: added

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 01:26 AM
link   
Thank you everyone for posting your comments on this thread.

This evening I went for a little grocery shopping. In my basket of goods, I made these simple purchases of 240 tabs of chewable Vitamin C, 2 large bags of broccoli, handful of tomatoes, V8 juice, and a large bag of apples.

It's time to boost my healthy intake of nutritious foods, and I urge everyone here reading this thread to take action and get some healthy food for yourselves if you haven't done so lately.

edit on 17-9-2012 by Skywatcher2011 because: grammar

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 01:29 AM
link   
reply to post by finishr1

I am not sure about the health benefits really of this "herb"...there are arguments as well that don't support this "drug". what scientific evidence is there for the wellness of using cannabis as a cure remedy for cancer? There are also many varieties of cannabis plant, so how do you know which one will do the trick...if it ever does?

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 01:35 AM
link   

Was in process of editing post.

i believe its more in making the oil out of he plant than just smoking it.
more concentrated form.

check out links provided.

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 01:36 AM
link   
There was a recent thing in the health news. They discovered they could cure a lot of patients that were on the death bed, dying from a variety of different deceases simply by getting them on a high regular dose of Vit C. No joke google that. It's almost no wonder so many people are getting deceases. From all the poison we take in from so many sources. Our food our water etc etc etc. And no nutrition even in the things we think there such be nutrition such as fruites and veggies. The soil has no nutrition. So you have to eat organic as a stable to get some nutrition from food. Otherwise you don't get any from it. So you have to supplement. There's no choice in the matter. Don't supplement and you run the risk of coming down with some decease down the road. They key thing with Vit C and the reason it's so important is it's one of the few forms of nutrition that a human body doesn't produce naturally. Same with Vit D. So vit C and getting out in the sun often actually does wonders for a person. Miss either of those and your bound to eventually run into problems. Oh one other thing. For Cancer I heard there's this thing called Carnavora capsels, apparently that's one of the key supplements that some people recommend as well for fighting cancer. Google that. Anyway food for thought.

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 02:18 AM
link   
reply to post by smilesmcgee

I was referring to pre-westernized Inuit. The meat they eat has nothing to do with their low life expectancy.

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 03:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by smurfzilla
I was just talking to an eighty four year old man the other day that said forty years ago he had cancer and the doctors said he only had a couple of months to live. He claimed in a dream God told him to eat okra for ten days and it would cure him. He said he ate raw okra for ten days and the cancer was gone. No idea what to make of it but he certainly believes that it cured him.

Okra is a good source of a Nitriloside compound.

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 03:17 AM
link   
Dammit, I should have posted when I first saw your thread. Hope you're still reading OP. Cancer is basically a vitamin deficiency caused by diet, especially Vitamin B17 which contains cancer fighting cyanide in small doses. Look up a docy by the name of A World Without Cancer by Dr Edward Griffin. And eat you apricot and apple pibs!

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 03:21 AM
link   

Legumes, beans etc.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join