It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tracking Chicago teen charged with trying to blow up bar took months, FBI says

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 12:09 PM
link   
Yet another example of the FBI encouraging someone to blow something up, then providing the "bomb" for it, then busting them.
He was probably just a stupid teen doing what teens do best, blowing off steam. Its doubtful that he wouldve ever done anything without the coaching and directing by these agents.

Source< br />

HILLSIDE, ILL. – The investigation started months ago, when the FBI noticed an email message: A man in the Chicago suburbs was using an account to distribute chatter about violent jihad and the killing of Americans. Two undercover agents reached out and began to talk to him online. In May, they introduced him to another agent who claimed to be a terrorist living in New York. The operation ended Friday night, an affidavit describing it says, when the man was arrested and accused of trying to detonate what he believed was a car bomb outside of a Chicago bar. Prosecutors said an undercover agent gave Adel Daoud, a U.S. citizen from the Chicago suburb of Hillside, a phony car bomb and watched him press the trigger.

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 12:12 PM
link   
He pressed the trigger so the intent was there. Better a fake bomb now than a real one later. I say yeah to the FBI!
You know sometimes our country does do some things right.
edit on 16-9-2012 by elouina because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 12:17 PM
link   
ahh.. the latest member of their patsy of the month award... as usual another "terrorist" recruited by the f.b.i to keep the public scared... one day they might get lucky and actually catch a real "terrorist" .. for a start I recomend they look in d.c at the white house.. senate...and congress as thats where the real terrorists are...

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 12:21 PM
link   

Two undercover agents reached out and began to talk to him online.

Reached out to him? Reached out and encouraged a terrorist attack maybe.

Let's hope they don't 'reach' out to anyone else.

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 12:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheLieWeLive

Two undercover agents reached out and began to talk to him online.

Reached out to him? Reached out and encouraged a terrorist attack maybe.

Let's hope they don't 'reach' out to anyone else.

Exactly... The FBI are the ones creating these terrorists so they can prove that theyre doing their jobs

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 12:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Juggernog

Not to mention the convenience in the timing of this so called arrest! I see we have one ATSer already praising the corrupt FBI for saving them from boogy man............................

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 12:32 PM
link   
There is already a thread on this from yesterday.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 12:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Juggernog

Reminds me of this story. Some of their entrapment is not as obvious, this wasnt one of those times:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

In the Liberty City Seven case, it seemed fairly obvious that the defendants were hoping to con the FBI informant out of $50k and had no intentions of committing any acts of "terrorism".

They werent even Moslems. Apparently they regularly held Bible study and some of them wore the Star of David...

In the Newburgh Four case, the judge actually slammed the FBI saying:

"Only the government could have made a terrorist out of Mr Cromitie, a man whose buffoonery is positively Shakespearean in its scope," she said in court. She added: "I believe beyond a shadow of a doubt that there would have been no crime here except the government instigated it, planned it and brought it to fruition."

CX

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 12:36 PM
link   
Not sure i would call it a "teen blowing off steam".

If we are to believe the article, this lad was already doing more than enough to call for violence against US targets.

If we are to believe the article that is.

CX.

top topics

join