It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mysteryquest on History Channel 2 admits repetition in sound can cause altered states of reality

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 12:01 PM
link   
History channel 2 has show on about Stonehenge. They believe that drums induced a trance in the ancientin people into believing in communications with the dead. Neuroscientist on the show admited that repetitious sounds and vibrations can induce altered states of reality

They are still using that repetition in music today.My theory is repetion in todays music is causing alot of the violence that is in this country. The younger you are the more susceptible you can be to the repititon in hip hop for instance.

Perhaps advertisers know this secret as well, and that's why so many commercials are repeated sometimes back to back today, to induce the recipient into wanting or thinking they need that product or service.

Just a theory.

www.history.com...
edit on 16-9-2012 by 1loserel2 because: add

edit on 16-9-2012 by 1loserel2 because: (no reason given)

edit on 16-9-2012 by 1loserel2 because: add

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 12:13 PM
link   
Yeah you may be on to something there.. After listening to just five minutes of a "lady gaga" album, I got violently ill over just how bad music has become..

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 12:18 PM
link   
reply to post by TechVampyre

Lady Gaga and others all seem to be using this technique quite effectively, even if its in innonce to keep buying and listening to their music.

It's quite possible and then with subliminal messaging into the "recipe" and you might have disovered an interesting way of mind control.

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 12:33 PM
link   
reply to post by 1loserel2

So they'd sooner admit mind control via audio stimulus than the ability to actually communicate with spirit, just because they can't poke it with sticks under a bright light...

*sigh* give it up, scientists. You're embarrassing us all.

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 12:55 PM
link   
so thats why i ended p on pluto when i was listening to drum and bass!!....ok ..i wondered how i got there
edit on 16-9-2012 by thePharaoh because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 01:26 PM
link   
reply to post by thePharaoh

The drum and bass was one of their premises on the show. Big time blame on the poor drum.

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 08:15 PM
link   
reply to post by AfterInfinity

You're right there, seems to me they could at least be open-minded about it. I am open minded, to their theory, even came up with one of mine own. I am also open-minded that there might be communication between the dead and the living. I don't come out and just debunk it because I don't see it and it doesn't happen to me. Why not? Who am I to say it doesn't exist? Just as it's said just because they're scientists, who are they to say?
edit on 16-9-2012 by 1loserel2 because: typo

new topics

top topics

join