It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Our Ancestors Obviously Knew Something We Didn't

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 01:36 PM
link   

On the other hand the 2012 charlatans base their claims on their beliefs and faulty logic. Let's take your claim regarding Atlantis. They will point to the last page of the Dresden Codex as proof that the Maya are descendants of people from Atlantis. What this page depicts is a dragon with water coming from its mouth. Now there is no reference to an event or date on this page. Yet just because this page could depict a flood and Atlantis supposedly sunk under the water. There's no logic to this but then it serves as the launching off point for numerous other unsupported claims. Then other people take their claims and use them to support their own nonsensical claims.
reply to post by Xcalibur254

You just did something you were griping about. Taking something and running on assumptions.

Look, I never claimed anything.

I believe there was a question mark (?) after the Atlantean question.

I asked questions for other posters who may take what you say and research from your links.

See, I already knew there were links in your signature as I've already read them all!!!

In regards to your response, I believe there is more out there that even you, yourself have yet to uncover.

If Im not mistaken, there are actually other reasons as to why the maya and Atlantans have been put together.

www.amazon.com...

Piecing things together from our past is all we have and there are many credible and respected people doing just that who have a lot more education in the field that you or I put together.

I'm open minded to whatever......

Never made a claim either way.

It's evident man and his ways have been his own demise in times past and it would not surprise me if our race was no different.

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 02:05 PM
link   
While it could all be possible, I'd double check my sources.
You post Beforeitsnews.com as a source. Obviously a terrible source that is always wrong. But the link within the link brings you a "scientific white paper" sponsored by an anti-science group.
tmgnow.com...

I don't think the proposed idea is implausible, just that your evidence is tantamount to using a Peanuts cartoon as evidence of advanced astro-physics

edit on 17-9-2012 by pierregustavetoutant because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 03:17 PM
link   
Yawn. This is like Ronald Weinland or 2YK. Nothing will happen on 25th Dec. or anytime soon afterward.

Enjoy Christmas and the new year. Nothing happening yet.

I'll let you know when it is......

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 03:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by htapath
To discount the messages of previous civilizations is the epitome of ignorance.

Soon enough some of us will see and know for ourselves.

Others, it seems, will continue to bury their heads in the sand and behave like brats.

Yea it's to the point now that we just need to sit back and watch. If something is going to happen, and it's been foretold for ages, then it will come to pass and there is no point in worrying.

I like to stay positive and and think that " It's the end of the world as we know it.......and I feel fine "

Not the end of existence....that can't occur...just the end of the world as we know it.

When I entered 9th grade, on that day it was also " Then end of the world as I knew it ", and it was the beginning of a new life experience for me. Stuff I had never experience before.

Did that mean I wasn't to exist anymore ?

Nope just a new beginning.

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 04:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Variable

Regardless if it happens ON the day Dec. 21, 2012, we would have to be in either complete denial or ignorance to believe that the world can continue as is for another...oh....even 5 - 10 years.
Our population is going to start doubling faster and faster. We are running our of fossil fuels. All the biggest guns in the world are pointing at each other just waiting for someone to sneeze. We are completely dependent on technology. Nature and solar storms and earthquakes and volcanoes are completely out of our hands.

This is my theory of 2012:
The bull# is getting reallly thick out there lately.
People are getting fed up with getting fed BS.
Within another few months to a year tops, I would definitely expect people to just stop putting up with the BS. "
2012 is the time that people stop putting up with BS.
Will be be supernatural? Will be it miracles? Will it be an instant revolution? Maybe, maybe not.
But, at bare minimum, it will take place within side of us.
It's a tipping point. The pendulum will start swinging back towards sanity.

Even if the 'exact date' is a few days, weeks, months, even a few years off, the fact that the ancients knew SOMETHING would be happening around our time is pretty epic imho.

Cheers
edit on 17-9-2012 by eleven44 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 05:46 PM
link   
Op I have a thread about our anscestors you may be interested in.... Come on over when you have time. www.abovetopsecret.com...

Its more philosophical/ religion based but it's interesting to say the least.

We have no clue, all we have is what they left us and or what didn't get destroyed via geological upheavals.

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 08:58 PM
link   
There is a lot to fear!

Your all taking your eye off the ball, the doom and gloom prophecy? The end of the world? Where does all this stem? From the counter intelligence that is the rulers of this realm.

They have been systematically programming us for a event. The proof is in the Psychological warfare. I do not care what the Mayan's or whom ever else had to say. I also have studied this to no end, they never ever mention the end of the world, or what exactly a new age is to them! Never! It's all speculation.

So with that, we have been conditioned by the elite so that are minds are ready and ripe for whatever it is that they are planning. Everything you see is a staging for this last event. The big one folks, that's what were looking at.

If you believe your going to wake up Dec 22 to a "golden age" think again! Your bills will still be there. The system that is still intact. Knowing how evil the overlords just are, they will wait until we all blow a psychological sigh of relief that are little manufactured world is still here.... Then.. 2014 comes around and its Thunder dome Mad Max style over night. Lights out!

All they really got to do is stop feeding you and cut your electricity. Stop looking so deep folks, your doing just what they want. We are making the Illuminati's reality come true for them, that's how this all works. It's quite amazing.

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 09:52 PM
link   
I thought I read something once about a Hopi warning about a permanant home in the sky, the ISS, being the final sign, so I just searched and found this, along with other sites:

THE WARNING: The white man will build a permanent house in the sky.This is the final warning before the purification.THE FULFILLMENT: MIR may have blazed its way down to the sea in fragments, but the far more permanent International Space Station traverses our skies today. It will be fully operational in a few more years. One could argue thatit is already operational and therefore the times of the purification have come.

It also has this to say:

THE WARNING: The powers of the red, the swastika, and the sun will threaten turtle island.
THE FULFILLMENT: North America seen from space looks like the outline of a turtle. (Do not ask me how pre-Columbian seers knew that.) In World War II and in the Cold War that followed, these three "powers" did threaten North America. The swastika of the Nazis and later the "red" forces of the Communists of Russia and China beset Turtle Island. The powers of the sun did directly scorch the earth of native lands when the white man tested his atomic bombs in Nevada and New Mexico near the Hopi sacred lands in Arizona.

Not a bad reasoning, although I would venture to say that the power of the sun was, in fact, Japan and not the atomic bomb tests which correspond to another warning.

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 10:17 PM
link   
My two cents...

So many people are basing end of the world as we know it on so many different dates and based on so many disparate "facts" that on day one of them is bound to hit the "prophecy lottery" and be right by just plain blind luck.

But who is to say which prediction will be the true one. There are so many of them that you could just as well tack them to a dart board and make your selection with a dart and a blindfold on.

With that said; there are things happening that could cause major trouble for planet earth and her occupants. There is the whole global warming issue that no one seems to be able to agree on. There is increased seismic and volcanic activity. There is also the 40 mile per year shift in the magnetic north pole that could be a harbinger of several kinds of disasters from loss of out geomagnetic shield to a massive slipping of the earth's crust. Then you have the fast approaching solar max that many are saying could fry the entire electrical grid of several nations. Now add to the mix the slim possibility that there really is a "planet X" and that it could be anything from an over sized planet on the scale of Jupiter or Saturn to a brown dwarf star whose gravity could cause chaos on earth if it passes any where near.

None of the above even addressed the threat we are becoming to ourselves what with the proliferation of nuclear weapons and the possibility of a bio-engineered virus that could wipe out a large portion of the worlds population and the continued saber rattling by world powers that could lead to WWIII.

Having all that and more to work with the doomsayers should crank up their rate of doomsday prophecies. One of them is bound to be right if just one of the threats facing earth were to come to be.
edit on 17-9-2012 by happykat39 because: typos

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 10:21 PM
link   
reply to post by TheProphetMark

If the world was going to end in 2012, then why did Jesse Ventura say he was possibly going to run for President in 2016?

He would have uncovered this "end of world" phenomenon and would have disclosed it to the public if it were true.

i personally think this whole thing is a hoax. We'll have some major events to come, no question, but nothing that would end the world. Nuff said.

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 03:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheProphetMark

Originally posted by AndyMayhew

The most likely outcome (I'd say 99.9999% likely) is that 21st December will be just a normal day. Nothing will happen. Nothing will change.

But there will be a spate of books about the end of the world in 2029 or 2036 appearing in our bookshops early in 2013.

How could you be so quick to dismiss the possibility of something happening? It won't be just another day, and deep down inside in your bones you know it. Too many odd and weird things has been happening this year that I can't ignore the possibility.
edit on 16-9-2012 by TheProphetMark because: (no reason given)

Things do not just happen, dude. There needs to be a chain of events that leads to the end. Earthquakes do not just "happen". Tsunamis do not just "happen". So far, I do not see anything big acting up. The chain fails and so will this 2012 stuff. If it somehow something happens, It would be a fun thing to see. Do not hold your breath though, I used to believe all this when I was younger, until I thought to myself "What will exactly happen?". Is it a nuke going off? Aliens destroying us? A super volcano acting up? What will happen?

See? With some thinking, you will know that nothing will happen on that date.

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 05:07 AM
link   
Everything is possible.

I really don't know what is going to happen, i try to enjoy life in the present, whatever happens will be fully accepted.

edit on 18-9-2012 by Manula because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 05:11 AM
link   

Did I miss something or has there been no direct responses to the info the OP supplied on

Strange Energy From Galactic Center Bombarding Earth
?
Definitions of Dark Matter will sound something like this.
Dark matter is a hypothesised form of matter that is needed to account for a large (seemingly) missing part of the overall mass of the Universe.

The problem is
Telescopes do not see Dark Matter directly without some manipulation of data
Dark Matter appears not to emit light or other EMF radiation
It does not even appear to absorbs them either

Dark Energy is perhaps even more enigmatic
It is also a hypothesised energy needed to account for the continued accelleration of the expansion of the Universe.
a report from only a day or so ago
Science Daily, Tuesday, September 18, 2012, World’s Most Powerful Digital Camera Opens Eye, Records First Images in Hunt for Dark Energy

The hunt is still on for this Dark Pervasion, and only hints of these dark animals have been recorded. But apparently, Dark Matter and Dark Energy are everywhere. But do they just exist in the form of particles and waves or could there be even a Dark Universe, Dark Galaxy, Dark Solar System, Dark Planets, Dark Comets ... as well?

So if there was some chance that a Dark Influence is lurking close by or on its way or ???
Will we be seeing it if there is?
What influence will it have on normal matter like us (normal? well lets be generous)?
From the OP

The stream of electromagnetic radiation (spewed by the process of intensive radioactive decay and other other high-energy emissions) may be triggering the bizarre mutation of matter and an incredible energy cloud that an astrophysicist says threatens Earth.

Not many answers to the Dark Quest(ions) so we can but surmise ...

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 06:25 AM
link   
reply to post by DaesDaemar

This is not a real Hopi prophecy. It can only be traced back to one of two white men. A few years back the Hopi elders put out a press release that specifically said don't trust any non-Hopi talking about Hopi matters.

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 07:41 AM
link   
I guess what always bothers me about the whole mystical 2012 is this....these ancient cultures didn't have as much knowledge....they looked at the stars and calculated a major astrological event...and then put all their eggs in one basket saying it was going to be important.....do you know how many of these events we have already had and how many more will come....I think an age is a couple thousand years. I would probably be more concerned if the day was completely random haha...cause then I would be wracking my brain to understand why they came up with the date.

Long lonely nights = a lot of time looking at the stars. Astronomy was the best science they had and it reflects in their calendar. Unfortunately nothing will change after 2012

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 07:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by cosmicexplorer
Unfortunately nothing will change after 2012
Only the charlatans bank balance?

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 07:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Xcalibur254

This is not a real Hopi prophecy. It can only be traced back to one of two white men. A few years back the Hopi elders put out a press release that specifically said don't trust any non-Hopi talking about Hopi matters.

I hear you brother/sister but sadly not many listen or do the research to look at the other side of the coin.

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 08:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by LucidDreamer85

To discount the messages of previous civilizations is the epitome of ignorance.

Soon enough some of us will see and know for ourselves.

Others, it seems, will continue to bury their heads in the sand and behave like brats.

Yea it's to the point now that we just need to sit back and watch. If something is going to happen, and it's been foretold for ages, then it will come to pass and there is no point in worrying.

I like to stay positive and and think that " It's the end of the world as we know it.......and I feel fine "

Not the end of existence....that can't occur...just the end of the world as we know it.

When I entered 9th grade, on that day it was also " Then end of the world as I knew it ", and it was the beginning of a new life experience for me. Stuff I had never experience before.

Did that mean I wasn't to exist anymore ?

Nope just a new beginning.

This is a good way of looking at the situation. It's a long individual process.

I feel like we're all baking a cake of sorts.

Some are still gathering ingredients while others tip-toe around the oven.

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 08:09 AM
link   

This is a good way of looking at the situation. It's a long individual process.

I have a better way of looking at the situation, look at the arguments for and against
it's a short individual proccess that allways pays off.Example i have looked at both
and there is no hopi claim regarding the 2012, the process was short it took seconds to see
the lies.

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 08:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Xcalibur254

I've been to Hopiland eight times over the last 2.5 years and can tell you that 'it' is happening.

As far as Hopi elders, to what group are you referring? The false tribal council that has been installed by the gov't?

Hopi is made up of 13 villages. No one person or group speaks for any village, much less the Hopi.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join