It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Our Ancestors Obviously Knew Something We Didn't

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 03:04 PM
link   
reply to post by denver22

Oh no, not you again!

Rev

edit on 16/9/2012 by revmoofoo because: ETA

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 03:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheProphetMark

Only someone who is arrogant will choose not to believe in it

Hey that's not on mark what you said to that poster is it now?

People have too much pride, and ego they don't like to be proven wrong. You're one of those people sir, and I hope the end really does come because Humanity deserve better then this.

But no one has been proven wrong until 22nd comes along, so apart from all the other doom
threads that have been posted countless times And believe me they didn't like to be proven
wrong the guys who posted those threads believe me,but i happens you can't blame these guys
for having thousands come and go without so much as a correct prediction, what do you expect?
Anyway stereologist says it best here, which your source got wrong...

What was posted in the OP was almost completely false. For example: 1. There is no Hopi claim about 2012 2. The Hindu claim is false. The date is nowhere close to 2012 3. The Aztec did not have anything to do with 2012 since they did not use the long count calendar 4. The Incas do not associate anything with 2012 5. The quote you posted misrepresents the work down by the astrophysicists That leaves just the Mayan issue which is that it was a big deal to see a baktun completed. Did they party or what? Hard to tell since a baktun never completed during the existence of the Mayan civilization.

Peace.

edit on 16-9-2012 by denver22 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 04:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ryanssuperman

Originally posted by AndyMayhew
reply to post by TheProphetMark

The most likely outcome (I'd say 99.9999% likely) is that 21st December will be just a normal day. Nothing will happen. Nothing will change.

But there will be a spate of books about the end of the world in 2029 or 2036 appearing in our bookshops early in 2013.

How could you be so quick to dismiss the possibility of something happening? It won't be just another day, and deep down inside in your bones you know it. Too many odd and weird things has been happening this year then I can't ignore the possibility.

Small minds my friend, small minds. That majority of people, such as the guy you just quoted, cannot perceive scenarios outside of their "box". It's not even worth debating with this type, as they are stubborn and refuse to accept the POSSIBILITY of anything except what they believe. I have two words for these type of people: Who cares?

But how can we blame them that they are in the box. They have been taught to be in the box. How do you prove to people synchronicity in the form of 11:11-phenomenon or physical changes in a body due to chakras opening?. I am not saying chakras are 100% right but the idea of chakras is close enought to be practicly usefull and experianced in the body. I did not belive in chakras until it noticed the effects myself, so I am a bit smallminded also since I need proof to really be sure that it exists.

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 04:19 PM
link   
Lol one day stereo will be wrong and the end as we know it will COME!

333 has always been my numbers I see a d only recently have I made the connection.

Our world is soooooo mysterious too bad we are all so busy to take it all in for what it is..... Magical and mental in all it's glory may surprise even the skeptics.

Seeing is believing and I would not doubt if the Universe did not come to life.... Oh never mind. It has!

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 04:25 PM
link   

The Maya were clever scientists, tore the hearts out of fellow humans and no longer exist.

This is the only lesson to learn from the Maya,

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 04:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Ryanssuperman

Do you understand the purpose of ATS? Your conviction to the belief that 12/21/12 will be just another day is just as "gullible" and "hogwash" as the most extreme 2012 believer

You can't prove or disprove someones opinion. I think believing in supposed Mayan prophecy based on a bad calendar or Hopi lore that became a 2012 prophecy is pretty silly. What i am saying is, if you believe it so much, how will you feel and what will you do, when all your beliefs come to naught? Will you seriously evaluate your own gullibility and lack of realistic insight in to the world or move on to some other date? I am trying to find out if there is a thinking person behind these beliefs or just a kooky person who will believe whatever takes their fancy at a given time.

This site''s motto is "Deny Ignorance." Which one of us is living by that motto i wonder? Right now we don't know, but on January 1st we will know right?

V

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 04:38 PM
link   

People have too much pride, and ego they don't like to be proven wrong. You're one of those people sir, and I hope the end really does come because Humanity deserve better then this.

Nope, i think you are too prideful. You believe because you WANT to believe. You need to grow up and view the world the way it really is. Here is the BEST part of all this! We don't have to wait long to see who is right or wrong! I wonder if you are truly ready for it? You see... one of us is very very dumb. We can agree on that. The wonderful thing is we will know who that is 100% sure in just a few months!

V

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 04:59 PM
link   
Excellent thread!

This is something I may link to some associates.

Cherrioh!

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 05:00 PM
link   

Have you watched Game of Thrones or read the books by George Martin?Well the great wall was built to protect them from the white walkers of the north.They kept the tradition and the wall was guarded even though nobody has seen any white walkers for 8000 years. Although there were warnings nobody believed they existed until one day they reappeared .That makes me think what do we know of our past,do we know anything that happened so long ago?We think of our ancestors as primitive tribesman but maybe they were far wiser than we give them credit for.And I'm gonna go even further,does humanity have enemies that we have forgotten about?
edit on 16-9-2012 by adnachiel21 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 06:54 PM
link   
for most of the OP you reference american tribes and cultures.

it is likely in those cases that the idea originated with the oldest of the groups and migrated throughout the other cultures.

each taking the idea on and making it with their own cultural references.

this should not discount the possibility that all these cultures developed it on their own, but it seems far more likely.

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 07:22 PM
link   

They knew that if it looked like [SNIP].

and smelled like [SNIP].

That you don't need to feel it and taste it to be really sure.

... but on the Internet, some people bathe in [SNIP]!

... and something doesn't smell quite right about the OP?

Mod Edit: Profanity/Circumvention Of Censors – Please Review This Link.
edit on 18-9-2012 by Gemwolf because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 07:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by AndyMayhew

The most likely outcome (I'd say 99.9999% likely) is that 21st December will be just a normal day. Nothing will happen. Nothing will change.

But there will be a spate of books about the end of the world in 2029 or 2036 appearing in our bookshops early in 2013.

The most likely outcome...

The change will be marked with chaotic changes in the environment and social systems, but overall leads to greater knowledge.

There will be spat of books around 2100 that all acknowledge this....

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 07:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by chr0naut

They knew that if it looked like s#@t.

and smelled like s#@t.

That you don't need to feel it and taste it to be really sure.

... but on the Internet, some people bathe in s#@t!

... and something doesn't smell quite right about the OP?

We live in times where truth is distorted, truths mixed in with lies, truth hiding in plain sight but most importantly of all; we live in a world full of ignorance.

Unfortunately, I don't have much of an ego or any pride to be ashamed that I'm wrong about a subject. But I will tell you this, I'm going to enjoy the days leading up to December 21, 2012. Some people out there just don't want to be wrong because they believe that such event is impossible but what they don't realize that in life, anything is possible.

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 08:14 PM
link   
One thing I would like to know if anyone can provide reference is whether or not this date that I've heard about since I was a child is still accurate, regardless of whether anything occurs. I believe that I've seen articles in recent years that proposed that the date was misinterpreted, that it was off by a hundred or whatever years, or that because they didn't know about leap years that the date was incorrect.

Is it still true that 12-21-12 is the correctly interpreted date from the Mayan artifacts, and is it also true that the planets will be in alignment on this date whether or not the former is true?

Thanks for the info. Yes I could Google, but I'm busy this week, and this is a discussion site after all.

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 08:40 PM
link   

I wanted to add this video also. This is the best 'possible' evidence of Planet X itself. If you look carefully, you will see that the reddish object is NOT a camera flare. Video was taken yesterday.

edit on 16-9-2012 by TheProphetMark because: (no reason given)
I know hey

NASA and every real astronomer around the globe does such a great job keeping this thing quiet

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 09:27 PM
link   
This is very weird coming from a guy who doesn't believe in life after death.

2nd line

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 09:29 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 09:31 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 09:53 PM
link   
reply to post by htapath

To discount the messages of previous civilizations is the epitome of ignorance.

to fabricate a "message " and claim that its from a previous civilisation is the epitome of dishonesty

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 09:54 PM
link   

Good points.

I'd like to add that the changes are well under way for many of us, myself included.

What types of changes? It starts with the 'dreamworld' and permeates every aspect of our lives.

Memories, intuition, synchronicity, fated meetings, and the like. No doubt it's happening.

I'm just here to offer my truth.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join