It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anti-Islam Filmmaker Donated Million Dollars To Obama Campaign

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 06:45 PM
link   
reply to post by RealSpoke

What is the point of this thread? Breibart is nothing but globalist neo-con propaganda.

The point is quite clear. Your attempt to dismiss the factual basis of my argument by attacking the source is obvious and fallacious.

Neo-Nazis donated to Ron Paul, does that make him a racist? You can't control who donated money to you.

Sure you can….if you have morals you can return or refuse the donation.

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 08:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by seabag
Anti-Islam Filmmaker Donated Million Dollars To Obama Campaign

Blame the movie.

Even though "the movie" was on YouTube for months prior to the collective indignation of thousands of Middle Eastern Islamists all coming together on the eleventh anniversary of September 11th (through a wild coincidence, no doubt), we are being told by our government and our media overlords that we must blame the movie.

You see, if we blame the movie for the burning of our foreign outposts and the brutal murders of four Americans (including our Libyan ambassador who was reportedly raped), we won't blame the burners and the looters and the murderers and the rapists.

Blaming the movie and attacking this straw-man provides us a convenient target for our outrage and anger. The problem is the movie has been out for months. This movie was targeted for one reason; to throw us off the trail and prevent us from discovering that Obama’s foreign policy of backing away from the region and allowing events to unfold without US leadership is the cause of this violence.

If a movie that mocks Islam and the very foundation of religious beliefs is a catalyst for terrorism then why would Obama take $1 million dollars from the film maker?? Where was the outrage from the Islamic world over this release in 2009?? Why didn’t US embassies burn years ago?? Do you REALLY believe this is about a movie?

I have been saying this in every thread. It's not the film that caused any problems, it's the Extremist Muslims that willingly choose to act out of violence.

Check my sig file thread. The filmmaker has no regrets over making this film and has plans to post the full movie on You tube.

I think this film should be shown en-mass to every country on the planet for a month straight 24 hours a day. I double dare the extremist Muslims to rise up against it. Once the whole world is against the extremist Muslims they will be forced to back down and go back to their hidy hole. The extremists Muslims will be uncovered.

The film does Not incite violence. The film is rather silly.. have you seen the 14 minute trailer? It's Rubbish! There have been many other films that shown Muhammad in a worse light.

The Extremist Muslims are responsible for their own actions. They willingly choose to become violent over something so silly. No one forced them to act out of hate. The responsibility is 100% on them.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Furthermore, all sides are using this movie for an agenda. The extremist Muslims are using it to try and get the USA and other western countries to change our laws in favor of and to cater to these extremist Muslims.

The USA may be using this situation to further it's agenda in the Middle East.

The haters of the movie that claim the film is to blame are using this try and force the USA to adopt laws that make un politically correct freedom of speech a hate crime when it ignores the responsibility of the violent parties themselves - Many of these call for removal of the head of the filmmaker! The shocking thing is there are Tons of these people on ATS. I suspect most of these people do not really understand what freedom of speech is and means and why it's so wrong to start censoring free speech because it will lead to more freedoms being taken away.

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 09:07 PM
link   
Attacking Political Opponents/Censoring Freedom of Speech/Apologizing vs. Accepting Responsibility

Obama would have been a bigger man to take ownership of the situation at hand. This past week showed his true character and I am sorry to say he does not put the United States first.
reply to post by JohnPhoenix

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 09:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by RELDDIR
Attacking Political Opponents/Censoring Freedom of Speech/Apologizing vs. Accepting Responsibility

Obama would have been a bigger man to take ownership of the situation at hand. This past week showed his true character and I am sorry to say he does not put the United States first.

In what way do you mean " Apologizing vs. Accepting Responsibility" ? I know he made statements to the effect of being sympathetic to the Muslim Extremists for the film, but the Government didn't have anything to do with the film itself being created and put on YouTube.

I agree if I were President, I would have handled the situation differently. I'd have said on world wide Tv that " No the U.S. Government didn't know anything about the film but we stick by the filmmakers right to express his opinion. We denounce the Muslim Extremists for using this film or any freely protected speech from the USA to willfully act in a manner that incites violence. "

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 11:16 PM
link   
I thought there were very strict limits to what any individual can contribute to a presidential campaign. I'm not saying some people and groups don't find a way around the rules, but this character does not appear to be very wealthy or very intelligent.
Every time I see something about this guy two words pop into my head, scumbag and patsy. The words mastermind or genius just don't seem to fit the profile yet.

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 11:44 PM
link   
Obama is the President and must take responsibility for his Administation. Bush did. Here's the apology from the Cairo Embassy.

Excerpt;
What the Cairo embassy said

According to media reports, the U.S. embassy in Cairo released a statement at 6:17 a.m. East Coast time on Sept. 11, 2012, amid growing anger in Egypt about an obscure Web video with a highly negative portrayal of the Prophet Muhammad -- a video that, given past experiences with depictions of Muhammad, seemed likely to spark protests.

The statement condemned the video:

"The Embassy of the United States in Cairo condemns the continuing efforts by misguided individuals to hurt the religious feelings of Muslims – as we condemn efforts to offend believers of all religions. Today, the 11th anniversary of the September 11, 2001 terrorist attacks on the United States, Americans are honoring our patriots and those who serve our nation as the fitting response to the enemies of democracy. Respect for religious beliefs is a cornerstone of American democracy. We firmly reject the actions by those who abuse the universal right of free speech to hurt the religious beliefs of others."

About four hours later, crowds began to form and over the next several hours, the protesters stormed the embassy compound, destroyed a U.S. flag and replaced it with an Islamic flag. About three hours later, according to the Washington Examiner, the embassy tweeted, "This morning's condemnation (issued before protest began) still stands. As does our condemnation of unjustified breach of the Embassy." (This tweet has disappeared from the Embassy Twitter feed.)

That night in Libya, militants attacked U.S. facilities in Benghazi, eventually killing the four diplomats. The news of the deaths was not announced by the U.S. government until after 7:00 a.m. East Coast time on Sept. 12.

Source: Did the U.S. embassy in Cairo make an apology? By Louis Jacobson
www.politifact.com...

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 12:04 AM
link   
There talking about a movie that isnt even the subject of the issues in the middle east right now? And the movie that the muslims are so pissed about has heavy ties to Coptic Christian's in Egypt.. Also does the blogger who broke and hyped this story up in the middle east. So, Obama you say? Sounds like it more the religous right.. Obama gains nothing but bad press from the middle east issues while the war hawk republicans beat the drums.

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 12:05 AM
link   
reply to post by RELDDIR

Bush didnt take responsiblity for anything and when questioned on issues he would outright say "i dont have to answer that"

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 12:39 AM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

If you go ask random people what Obamacare even does, they will have no clue. Only a minority of Americans are politically active and aware. That was the whole point of my post.

edit on 17-9-2012 by RealSpoke because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 12:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid
I'm confused as to the purpose of this thread. Anything to bash the other party? Anti-Islamic movie? I've read here from some that Obama is a "Muslim". Seems like mixed messages to me then.

This movie was targeted for one reason; to throw us off the trail and prevent us from discovering that Obama’s foreign policy of backing away from the region and allowing events to unfold without US leadership.

I'm sure it's only in America, maybe Britain too, that this is a prevalent opinion. The rest of the world doesn't want "US leadership".

There are usually only a couple of purposes to "seabag's" threads, and they are as follows:

1. Promote anger or ridicule towards Obama and/or liberals.
2. Promote anger and war against Iran.

Sometimes these two objectives can be found in the same thread, like this one.

This thread, however, is rather silly. So what if Maher has donated to Obama? Its hilarious that you find offense that an atheist gives money to him, and seem to have no problem with corrupt individuals like, for example, the Koch brothers, when they give millions to politicians. But I guess in seabag's world, only liberals and Iran are to blame for almost everything.

edit on 17-9-2012 by OrchusGhule because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 05:47 PM
link   

reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

The only people I've heard cry "Blame the Movie" are the right wing. Most people are blaming the people who attacked (and those who share their religion).

Nice attempt at deflection.

Maybe the White House press secretary can fill you in.

“This is a fairly volatile situation and it is in response not to United States policy, not to obviously the administration, not to the American people,” White House spokesman Jay Carney said Friday. “It is in response to a video, a film that we have judged to be reprehensible and disgusting. That in no way justifies any violent reaction to it, but this is not a case of protests directed at the United States writ large or at U.S. policy. This is in response to a video that is offensive to Muslims.”
link

Get it? US policies are not to blame…..it’s the fault of a movie.

That's where the problem comes in. Blaming ALL Muslims or the religion of Islam.

Only the people who made the movie are to blame for making the movie.
Only the people who attacked are to blame for the attack.

The people who attacked are to blame as are the policies of this administration. Maybe if the US stopped running around the ME changing out dictatorships and started minding its own business the attackers wouldn’t have been so outraged?

Wtf?! I had to recheck the member name and still couldnt believe it!

Your ENTIRE post history violently contradicts the statement you just made.

What prompted the reversal? Hypocritical back-pedaling or magic Nibiru woo waves?

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 11:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
The only people I've heard cry "Blame the Movie" are the right wing. :

Sorry to hear that. Here .. lemme' help you out there ....

Washington Examiner ... With Obama Policy Crumbling White House Blames Movie for MidEast Unrest
Hillary Clinton Blames Anti-Islam Film For Violence in The Middle East
"Blame the movie" .. all the DC Politicians are using it.

Yeah, when we first heard about it, it was on CNN & that's all we heard from them was "it's all because of the movie", not much else.

Then when we changed to Fox, they we're actually discussing how "prepared' the attack was & that was when we found out the film had been out since July. They proposed that the excuse was due to the movie but we could sense that no one believed that reasoning. Or at least on that particular network. They admitted that the attack was too thought out to just be "spontaneous", more like pre-planned.

2 different MSM with 2 different takes on the situation.

That's why now a days we try to listen/read from several sources due to the fact that all the MSM put their own spin on stories any more and distort the truth to fit their agenda, what ever that may be.

No way do I believe that the movie was the cause for all this.

It does seem funny how Bill Maher gets a free pass to make fun of religion and the people themselves that believe in their personal beliefs and yet some unknown guy gets flogged for his film.

Of course, that's all B.M. does is make fun of people.... kinda hateful and condescending really.
But people keep watching his show. Oh well....

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 12:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by RELDDIR

No, he puts himself first.

Remember, campaigning is very important to him and it makes him feel like a "rock star".

Especially with the likes of Jay-Z and Beyonce. Oh, I forgot, he calls her Bey....

And don't forget the taping with the David Letterman Show.......

And he snubbed a request to meet with P.M Benjamin Netanyahu when he comes this month to N.Y......which after making the news, obummer finally picked up the phone to call him. Oh, he's busy the days P.M. is coming. Pretty bad he phoned him AFTER the media picked up on the friction. Not the first time he's dissed the Prime Minister.

And before the Obama crowd starts, the MSM has always noticed how he loves those campaigns.

And yes, I was one of the fools that was suckered into voting for him. But not this time.
This is not the "Hope & Change" I had in mind...

His Foreign Policies are terrible and are found lacking ~

And he has done nothing to stop the debt, only spends more ~

And still high unemployment ~

And now, all this turmoil in the Middle East and else where and he wants us to believe it was caused by a movie????

Get real.....

It does make one wonder what's to come next......

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 06:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Snoopy1978

Wtf?! I had to recheck the member name and still couldnt believe it!

Your ENTIRE post history violently contradicts the statement you just made.

What prompted the reversal? Hypocritical back-pedaling or magic Nibiru woo waves?

Saying it doesn’t make it so….

Would you care to provide a few examples of how I’ve “violently” contradicted myself?

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 06:41 PM
link   
reply to post by OrchusGhule

There are usually only a couple of purposes to "seabag's" threads, and they are as follows:

1. Promote anger or ridicule towards Obama and/or liberals.
2. Promote anger and war against Iran.

Sometimes these two objectives can be found in the same thread, like this one.

I simply express my opinion on topics like most members do here.

Please quote an example of me “promoting war”.

This thread, however, is rather silly. So what if Maher has donated to Obama? Its hilarious that you find offense that an atheist gives money to him, and seem to have no problem with corrupt individuals like, for example, the Koch brothers, when they give millions to politicians. But I guess in seabag's world, only liberals and Iran are to blame for almost everything.

“So what if Maher donated?” you ask.

Obama can denounce this garbage movie and blame all the ME problems on it then turn around and take money from a guy who made an even more anti-Islamic movie?? You don’t have a problem with that, huh? I bet if Bush did it you’d be crying.

edit on 19-9-2012 by seabag because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 06:43 PM
link   
This thread is confusing. You got a boner for Bill Maher or what? Religulous bashed all religions...derp-derp. He is an atheist btw.

Bill is a comedian. The pundits on the MSM networks are not comedians...but they are jokes. True reporting of facts and true journalism died when all the media outlets...all...were bought up by something like 5 mego corporations. That news you heard that you didn't like? It's probably twisted and perverted. That news you heard that you thought was great...it was probably twisted and perverted.

You are considered "beneath" the level you actually get to know the facts and make up your own mind...your news and info is spoon fed with a large helping of editorial opinion to make sure you think the way they want you to think...

For the record, Maher is kinda snobbish...watch his show on occasion but it generally leaves me irritated and in a bad mood...kinda like Faux News and all the other MSM does.

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 06:47 PM
link   

reply to post by intrepid

I'm confused as to the purpose of this thread. Anything to bash the other party? Anti-Islamic movie? I've read here from some that Obama is a "Muslim". Seems like mixed messages to me then.

There is nothing confusing about the OP. Obama is blaming a movie for the attacks yet he has no problem accepting money from a guy who made such a movie. Obama wants to blame a movie yet his foreign policy incited this violent. Obama supports the Muslim Brotherhood!

Oh, another person who miraculously forgets the REPUBLICAN PRESIDENT WHO WENT TO WAR.

Many Americans seem to have real short memories. They forget that a Republican president and his foreign policy started two wars in Islamic countries, just like they forget that it was their Republican president who started bailing out the banks with American tax dollars, just as they forget that it was a Republican president that created the Patriot Act and removed much of their freedoms...

But yeah, lets ignore all of those years and just blame Obama instead. I'm sure the entire Islamic world thinks it's all Obama and they probably don't remember Bush either.

Isn't it funny how all those other nations out there seem to be able to see quite clearly how the American two-party system is a complete scam, when so many Americans have no idea - and you still call yourselves the world leaders too

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 06:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jeremiah65
This thread is confusing. You got a boner for Bill Maher or what? Religulous bashed all religions...derp-derp. He is an atheist btw.

Confusing>?

Quite simple actually, boner stuffed face Maher made
anti-islamic remarks and gave money to Obama
Obama being the chump he is accepted
and the two of them with you, are hypocritical
morons see deeeeerpy deeerp deerp
edit on 19-9-2012 by popcornmafia because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 06:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Jeremiah65

If you don’t get it I don’t know what else to say….

You don’t think Islam would be inflamed when a guy who donated to Obama’s campaign believes that Islam (and all religions) is the cause of 99% of the deaths in this world and it’s followers are idiots?

Maher would be hung if he said that in Iran.

But it’s acceptable when Maher says it because he’s a campaign donor? Why isn’t Obama condemning that video?

Bill is a comedian.

If you watched the video I posted it was NO COMEDY ROUTINE! Don’t try to downplay it…

The pundits on the MSM networks are not comedians...but they are jokes. True reporting of facts and true journalism died when all the media outlets...all...were bought up by something like 5 mego corporations. That news you heard that you didn't like? It's probably twisted and perverted. That news you heard that you thought was great...it was probably twisted and perverted.

I agree with you about that

You are considered "beneath" the level you actually get to know the facts and make up your own mind...your news and info is spoon fed with a large helping of editorial opinion to make sure you think the way they want you to think...

For the record, Maher is kinda snobbish...watch his show on occasion but it generally leaves me irritated and in a bad mood...kinda like Faux News and all the other MSM does.

Agree again….

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 06:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by popcornmafia

Originally posted by Jeremiah65

Confusing>?

Quite simple actually, boner stuffed face Maher made
anti-islamic remarks and gave money to Obama
Obama being the chump he is accepted
and the two of them with you, are hypocritical
morons see deeeeerpy deeerp deerp
edit on 19-9-2012 by popcornmafia because: (no reason given)

Whatever dude...that was quite uncalled for. All you folks have this delusional belief that if someone disagrees with you, they must support "the enemy"...I support neither of these losers...like anyone with a brain...the idea you have to vote for that plastic front man of the Oligarchs and the Plutocrats...or the guy who signed NDAA, HR347, Obamacare and continued the Patriot Act..is insanity and stupidity.

Which I can see from the part of my post you chose to quote says exactly what I expect from the two party sheep. read the rest of it next time...you might actually learn something.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join