It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anti-Islam Filmmaker Donated Million Dollars To Obama Campaign

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 11:48 AM
link   
Anti-Islam Filmmaker Donated Million Dollars To Obama Campaign

Blame the movie.

Blame the movie.

Blame the movie.

Even though "the movie" was on YouTube for months prior to the collective indignation of thousands of Middle Eastern Islamists all coming together on the eleventh anniversary of September 11th (through a wild coincidence, no doubt), we are being told by our government and our media overlords that we must blame the movie.

You see, if we blame the movie for the burning of our foreign outposts and the brutal murders of four Americans (including our Libyan ambassador who was reportedly raped), we won't blame the burners and the looters and the murderers and the rapists.

Blaming the movie and attacking this straw-man provides us a convenient target for our outrage and anger. The problem is the movie has been out for months. This movie was targeted for one reason; to throw us off the trail and prevent us from discovering that Obama’s foreign policy of backing away from the region and allowing events to unfold without US leadership is the cause of this violence.

What if I told you the maker of one of the most blasphemous attacks against Islam and religion came from a man who donated $1,000,000 to Obama’s campaign this year? No, I’m not talking about the most recent movie. I’m talking about the movie “Religulous” produced by Bill Maher that came out several years ago. Here is just a little taste:

If a movie that mocks Islam and the very foundation of religious beliefs is a catalyst for terrorism then why would Obama take $1 million dollars from the film maker?? Where was the outrage from the Islamic world over this release in 2009?? Why didn’t US embassies burn years ago?? Do you REALLY believe this is about a movie?

edit on 16-9-2012 by seabag because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 12:12 PM
link   
Of course it is not about the movie, it is about hate.

Hate for Christians, hate for America, and hate for our freedoms.

People have been saying they dont hate us for our freedoms.

Might want to think about that again.

They DO hate us for our freedoms, especially our freedom to criticize them and their religion.

Mr.Bill here is a decremented human soul, why no
burnings rioting over his movie, because we dont give two
#s what he thinks.
edit on 16-9-2012 by popcornmafia because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 12:19 PM
link   
reply to post by popcornmafia

#s what he thinks.

Well “we” are not the ones rioting! We value free speech in this country.

It’s ironic that an anti-Islamic movie is being blamed for all of the recent violence against US but Obama has no problem accepting money from a man who put out an equally outrageous anti-Islamic movie.

Maybe the fact that Maher also slams Christianity makes his movie acceptable?

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 12:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by popcornmafia
Of course it is not about the movie, it is about hate.

Hate for Christians, hate for America, and hate for our freedoms.

People have been saying they dont hate us for our freedoms.

Might want to think about that again.

They DO hate us for our freedoms, especially our freedom to criticize them and their religion.

#s what he thinks.
edit on 16-9-2012 by popcornmafia because: (no reason given)

Hmmm,
Hate for christians who aren't really christians and are willing to kill or sanction just like any other muslim terrorist or fanatic?
Hate for Amerika whose economy is in collapse and shriveling like an old grape and on its way out anyway? While Obama parties with Beyonce or plays golf while Amerika burns?
Hate for your/our freedoms, when none of us are free except the priviledged, who have the money to buy freedom by subverting laws and congress?
Hate for our ability to collectively condemn people the government wants us to condemn because they say so with false media reporting, tons of spin doctoring and lies of ommission?

You mean those reasons to hate? Don't be ridiculous. Go tell the government they are wrong and actively fight against their tyranny and tell me if you have feedom. Now onto the "movies," are you saying that the muslim world differentiates between ignorance from one source as opposed to another? They don't care what Maher thinks but they do care about what an unknown @sshat that is probably a government shill thinks?

You need to get out more, living under that rock must be pretty constricting.

Cheers - Dave
edit on 9/16.2012 by bobs_uruncle because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 12:26 PM
link   
I'm confused as to the purpose of this thread. Anything to bash the other party? Anti-Islamic movie? I've read here from some that Obama is a "Muslim". Seems like mixed messages to me then.

Originally posted by seabag
This movie was targeted for one reason; to throw us off the trail and prevent us from discovering that Obama’s foreign policy of backing away from the region and allowing events to unfold without US leadership.

I'm sure it's only in America, maybe Britain too, that this is a prevalent opinion. The rest of the world doesn't want "US leadership".

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 12:31 PM
link   
The only people I've heard cry "Blame the Movie" are the right wing. Most people are blaming the people who attacked (and those who share their religion). That's where the problem comes in. Blaming ALL Muslims or the religion of Islam.

Only the people who made the movie are to blame for making the movie.
Only the people who attacked are to blame for the attack.

Go Obama!

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 12:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic

THERE YA" GO!

Go Obama!

Ooooops .. I spoke too soon.

Seriously .. I'm confused about this thread. I read the title and thought it was about the recent crappy anti-muhammad film that came out and I was thinking .. no way does this guy have a million dollars to donate to anyone. If he had that kind of money, he'd have made a better film.

So this is about Bill Maher? Well .. the dude isn't 'anti-Islam' .. the dude is 'anti-any-religion'. I'm not surprised that he donated to Obama. Bill Maher is hard left. Obama is left. It's going to happen.

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 12:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
The only people I've heard cry "Blame the Movie" are the right wing. :

Sorry to hear that. Here .. lemme' help you out there ....

Washington Examiner ... With Obama Policy Crumbling White House Blames Movie for MidEast Unrest
Hillary Clinton Blames Anti-Islam Film For Violence in The Middle East
"Blame the movie" .. all the DC Politicians are using it.

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 12:38 PM
link   
reply to post by seabag

Agreed, this staged and provoked event was not about a movie.

The movie was just a spark for any legitimate protesters.

The frustration and anger is due to the US' relentless war waged on that region for no other reason than greed.

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 12:39 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

Originally posted by FlyersFan
Seriously .. I'm confused about this thread.

The source is Breitbart. What do you expect? They will do or say ANYTHING to take a stab at Obama or make him look like he's SOMEHOW involved with terrorism. (They don't care how) As soon as I open the source, if it's Breitbart, I close it and move to another thread. Since the dude died, it's gotten worse and worse.

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 12:39 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 12:42 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

They say the violence is in response to the movie, which we all thought it was. They don't BLAME the movie.

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 12:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

The only people I've heard cry "Blame the Movie" are the right wing. Most people are blaming the people who attacked (and those who share their religion).

Nice attempt at deflection.

Maybe the White House press secretary can fill you in.

“This is a fairly volatile situation and it is in response not to United States policy, not to obviously the administration, not to the American people,” White House spokesman Jay Carney said Friday. “It is in response to a video, a film that we have judged to be reprehensible and disgusting. That in no way justifies any violent reaction to it, but this is not a case of protests directed at the United States writ large or at U.S. policy. This is in response to a video that is offensive to Muslims.”
link

Get it? US policies are not to blame…..it’s the fault of a movie.

That's where the problem comes in. Blaming ALL Muslims or the religion of Islam.

The people who attacked are to blame as are the policies of this administration. Maybe if the US stopped running around the ME changing out dictatorships and started minding its own business the attackers wouldn’t have been so outraged?

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 12:52 PM
link   

Maybe if the US stopped running around the ME changing out dictatorships and started minding its own business the attackers wouldn’t have been so outraged?
WOW,
After you Authored so many Threads on the need to do just this thing.

Its nice to see you finally have your feet on the ground, welcome back to Sanity.

Be nice too have you on the :Leave Iran Alone Side

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 12:56 PM
link   
reply to post by intrepid

I'm confused as to the purpose of this thread. Anything to bash the other party? Anti-Islamic movie? I've read here from some that Obama is a "Muslim". Seems like mixed messages to me then.

There is nothing confusing about the OP. Obama is blaming a movie for the attacks yet he has no problem accepting money from a guy who made such a movie. Obama wants to blame a movie yet his foreign policy incited this violent. Obama supports the Muslim Brotherhood!

I'm sure it's only in America, maybe Britain too, that this is a prevalent opinion. The rest of the world doesn't want "US leadership".

GREAT! We agree on something! I don’t like American foreign policy either!

IMO the US should mind its own business, stop ALL foreign aid, close the embassies in the ME and let the radicals blow each other up.

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 01:00 PM
link   
reply to post by SeekerofTruth101

I am THOROUGHLY SHOCKED that the OP would at this time, post such trash on ATS.

What is the purpose? What is the agenda?

Right now, many responsible ones here are trying to calm things down with logic and reason, and here this idiotic poster post such trash. By all means, it is his perogative and right, but with many whom had suffered from the backlash around the world with the other movie, he, being a matured responsible adult should have known better.

Give me a break!

I’m not inciting anything…..I’m pointing the blame in the right direction. How in the hell are we to fix the REAL problems that caused this situation if we’re too STUPID to see past the straw man argument from this POTUS??

Wake up!

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 01:02 PM
link   

The people who attacked are to blame as are the policies of this administration. Maybe if the US stopped running around the ME changing out dictatorships and started minding its own business the attackers wouldn’t have been so outraged?

Seabags, do get your facts right.

USA is a trading nation.

USA has no interest in regime change in the M.E than any other nation, so long as trade is not disrupted. It had long sought to work with anyone, so long as they do get overboard with greed and powerlust that humans are hurt and harmed, and they rising up and disrupting trade flow.

More so as those countries have access to needed fuel for economies to progress.

But when that is disrupted, USA have no choice but to step in, and ensure stability remains, so that not only americans, but every human life on Earth can prosper and progress in peace.

Isolationist stances had never worked before, nor will work now, in a world where corruption, greed and power lust is rife.

It's like the domino theory :- If one falls, others will only soon follow. Isolate yourself and think yourself safe, the enemy who is more rapacious will grow stronger with each bite upon the world, and as he gets bigger, you will be no match for him to be taken down alive.

USA tried to be isolationist in 1941, but only saw american lives destroyed mercilessly. Even Germany thought USA was in decline and weak, and made the greatest blunder in their lives by declaring war upon USA.

Thus, if USA takes an isolationist stance, it will only be a matter of time before some dumb village idiot think USA is easy meat, and this time, they will have nukes, with million americans dead before any response can be made unlike during WW2.

Futhermore, do comprehend what had been the outrage. Was it because USA had bullied those countries, or had USA kept those countries safe, and protected with rule and law against tyranny, as it had for the rest of the world after WW2?

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 01:04 PM
link   

I’m not inciting anything…..I’m pointing the blame in the right direction. How in the hell are we to fix the REAL problems that caused this situation if we’re too STUPID to see past the straw man argument from this POTUS??

Wake up!
Are there 2 or 3 people sharing this SEABAG account, because again , you flipped.

Many threads, some authored by you, Claim Obama is weakening the US, spending cuts to Military, saying he is a Apologist, claiming he is weak...

Now, your saying its his fault because the US is acting to Strong,

Did Obama cause the Demise of the McRib too.... because he lost my Vote if he did.

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 01:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Tw0Sides

WOW, After you Authored so many Threads on the need to do just this thing.

I’ve said Iran shouldn’t be allowed to have nuclear weapons and I stand by that. At no point (at least not that I remember) have I advocated for the removal of any leader; at NO POINT have I advocated for US military attacking any country. I simply said we need to put pressure on them to prevent them from acquiring nuclear weapons.

Its nice to see you finally have your feet on the ground, welcome back to Sanity.

I never left sanityville!

Be nice too have you on the :Leave Iran Alone Side

I’ll join you there as soon as their nuclear program is disarmed.

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 01:10 PM
link   
reply to post by seabag

Thanks for taking the time to make this post with a very comprehensive overview of the crap America is fed every day

But you know the say so, they feed us what they want, they tells us what to buy, they prescribe us the legal drugs we need, they told us who to hate and who to love and that is life in America pay for by the corporate dictatorship.

Do you expect any different.

Behind any doing is always an agenda.

Now, do you noticed also that here in our nations is not protest, no riots and not blood shed from the so call insults to Islam after the film while the rest of the world is in Turmoil from it?

Odd, very odd.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join