It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran on brink of nuclear bomb in six-seven months: Netanyahu

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 01:53 PM
link   
reply to post by stirling

An Egyptian Salfist TV station played that Mohammad movie for the masses. THAT and that alone was the obvious cause of the protests.

Why bring Mossad into it when Egyptians Muslim brotherhood government was the clear cause of the riots; they played the movie, they incited the masses, they fanned the flames anti-americanism.

que bono - shmey bono... The fact it takes so little to rustle the Islamic masses says something about them - and requires no further elaboration by implicating "mossad" because Israel would have a point in pointing out the fanaticism of Islamist societies.

There are also protests in Libya, Syria, Yemen, Iran, Lebanon, Australia; are you implying mossad had a hand in ALL these places?? And you would give credence to this theory above the far more simpler explanation of "this is an issue with Islam"?

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 02:01 PM
link   
reply to post by NorthernThird

Pakistan has nuclear weapons and has bred more Islamists from Kashmir to Chechnya than any other Islamic nation on this planet. Also the AQ Khan you mentioned is a Pakistani himself who stole nuclear secrets from Holland i believe and decided to sell on a few secret/tools in the black market. US wanted to question AQ Khan and get him extradited yet he's the only one person who the Pakistanis will never let go off. Than you have Pakistani military and ISI who apparently protected and sheltered Osama & co near their military bases in Pakistan. So why all this hype over Iran alone?

I mean if we follow your idea of self-preservation, than surely Pakistan should be wiped out first?

You also gota keep in mind what Pakistan will be thinking when it realizes US/israel are getting very close to it if Iran gets attacked.
edit on 16-9-2012 by forklift because: (no reason given)

They call him, the MODERN DAY HERO OF ISLAM.
edit on 16-9-2012 by forklift because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 02:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by NorthernThird

So the only conclusion is that the Iranians really do want a nuclear weapon. And their only possible target is Israel. Or the USA/Western Europe.

I know that's a really unpalatable conclusion, one none of us want to hear. Especially those of use who have been against the Iraq war, against our presence in Afghanistan, against rendition and all the other appalling things done in our names over the last decade.

But I honestly think we've no alternative now other than to take on Iran to destroy their nuclear bomb facilities, to eliminate this threat once and for all. That fills me with despair, because I think Netanyahu is as much a lunatic as his Iranian equivalent.

For me, this is coming down to self preservation and protecting our own countries.

Who are we to tell Iran they can't have them? Who is to say they would actually use it if they did? Pakistan and India have them. We know Israel has them they just deny it. The only reason Israel does not want Iran to have one is currently they don't, so they could go to war with or use theirs on them without assuring their own destruction.

Nuclear weapons while devastating are only useful when one country has them. Their primary use is actually more of a deterrent against attack than use as an offensive weapon. I don't like the idea of proliferation, I don't however see why we insist Iran cannot have one yet do nothing about the ones Israel has it is entirely duplicitous and causes far more problems than it has solved.

new topics

<< 1   >>

join