It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Could War of the Words really happen?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 12:13 AM
link   
So I guess the big question is whether it will be cows or raptors coming our way. As evolution has shown for the last 4 billon years it will be carnivores... sorry to say... cows don't need intelligence to get grass...

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 08:22 AM
link   
I think the idea of a war of the worlds kind of scenario is completely prepoterous. If a race advanced enough to develop interstellar travel decides to wage war on us (and plan on massive genocide) surely they'd be smart enough to see the infeasbility of head to head war. Unless they are also fueling their economy like the States from prolonged wars and using these ongoing wars for political agendas with their population they would just aim for the end goal like any smart, results oriented being would do. Which means, a scenario like the one in Prometheus is more likely where they'd use bio-chemical weapons of mass destruction to wipe out the population and then mop up the remains physically. Also, if you want to abuse the resources of a lower civilization there are always smarter ways of doing it than going to war. In etiher case full on physical war seems just too American to make sense in an intergalactic way.
edit on 17-9-2012 by bilb_o because: typos

edit on 17-9-2012 by bilb_o because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 02:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by bilb_o
In etiher case full on physical war seems just too American to make sense in an intergalactic way.

But it make sense to the Space Marines

I dont see why a physical war would be so strange. If the aliens use bio weapons or similar, they'd have to employ ground forces anyway. Not to mention the bio weapons may be unreliable in terms of the effect and after they have been deployed, very unflexible. They also offer little in advancement of technology, compared to the physical warfare which demand weapons, ships, etc.

This is of course assuming they are far ahead of us in tech. If they are a weakass species that basicly only have space travel to brag about, then I guess bio weapons would even the odds.

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 02:16 PM
link   
reply to post by wlasikiewicz

Thinks MARS and past past past and yes it could happen. Also in the movie they appeared to be phasing into their EA*RTH environment suits underground to better interact here.. So yes 1 can see it happening on EA*RTH. Again MARS

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 07:21 PM
link   
Could War of the Words really happen? Yes.

It likely has ALREADY happened on world's much closer together nearer to the center of the galaxy.

We're out in the celestial boondocks. We're hard to find, difficult to get to, maybe not even worth the trip;

YET.

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 07:52 PM
link   
the aliens are here i timed this.i am an aliens i rule the greys there 12 out of 150 but they can multiply out so dont worry

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 08:04 PM
link   
Not likely at all, IMHO. Just think: If an advanced extraterrestrial civilization had the technical capability to reach the earth from their star system, they also would have the technology to create anything they would hypothetically plunder on Earth. Let's assume they didn't, there are still countless amounts of uninhabited asteroids and earth-like planets with no inhabitants which may be closer to their locale.

Aliens invading and plundering the earth is tantamount to modern humans invading an ant-hill for "resources". There is simply no reason for a sufficiently advanced alien civilization to come to the Earth other than scientific study and observation.

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 01:41 AM
link   
I'm also of the opinion that there is more than enough RAW materials floating around the universe for any alien species to acquire with the technology that they obliviously have to travel this far. Asteroids, barren planets and gaseous clouds are everywhere out there to harvest. There is a reason for their interest in this blue ball, but I think it is us and not so much as the planet they are interested in. They may have already battled things out in the past as described in many ancient texts from the Mayan to the Hindu writings of battles between Gods. Which also talks of the Gods falling for the daughters of man and lying with them and impregnating them. Fast forward ... about time we check on that experiment we started awhile back on that blue ball... hmmm.

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 05:59 PM
link   
reply to post by wlasikiewicz

Hey wild it is.
No alien war in anyone's lifetime.
Bummer I know.

So sit it out on the planet all alone.
I got plenty of things to do.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join