It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is the "Mark of the beast" prophecy exclusive to Christianity?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 10:06 AM
link   
Several (if not most) end-time prophecies from around the world and from different religions seem to have in common certain apocalyptic events such as : Comet/Asteroid impacts, Severe droughts and floods, Pestilences and Pandemics, Wars of all kind, Lawlessness, Visitations from other worldly beings and a post-apocalyptic golden new age etc....However, one of the most popular (and puzzling) prophecies come from the Christian Bible: The Mark of the beast. This one seems to be exclusive to a particular group of believers and I can't for the life of me find it on any other SHTF current of thought, not even new age or channeled material.

My question is, do any of you know of any ancient or modern Mark of the beast-ish examples that do NOT originate in Christianity or Abrahamic Faiths? (even though I can't find the actual mark mentioned on Islam or Judaism texts, just overall persecution)

And even within Christian eschatology...Is it only mentioned within the book of revelations? or it mentioned elsewhere, maybe in the old testament? Thank you!
edit on 16-9-2012 by lupodigubbio because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 10:32 AM
link   
reply to post by lupodigubbio

This Wikipedia page has a few interesting references from other religions you may find interesting, such as........

In the writings of the Bahá'í Faith, `Abdu'l-Bahá states that the numerical value given to the beast referred to the year when the Umayyad ruler Muawiyah I, who opposed the Imamate, according to the beliefs of the Shi'ites, took office as Caliph in 661 AD, (see also the scholarly accepted year of birth of Jesus about 666 years before as well as the concept of Mawali who were non-Arab Muslims but not treated as other Muslims) who continued to pay the tax required of nonbelievers and were excluded from government and the military, and thus bore a social "mark"

The Bahá'í Faith is a monotheistic religion founded by Bahá'u'lláh in 19th-century Persia, emphasizing the spiritual unity of all humankind. There are an estimated five to six million Bahá'ís around the world in more than 200 countries and territories.
In the Bahá'í Faith, religious history is seen to have unfolded through a series of divine messengers, each of whom established a religion that was suited to the needs of the time and the capacity of the people. These messengers have included Moses, Buddha, Jesus, Muhammad, and others. For Baha'is, the most recent messengers are the Báb and Bahá'u'lláh

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 10:33 AM
link   
its a western thing... doesnt exist in shinto .. buddhism... taoism ... only seen it in western religions

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 11:21 AM
link   
I don't believe there is. I would like to know the answerr to this question also.

The Mark, when it is issued or required, will be based on the new world religion. One will not be able to buy or sell any goods unless they have the mark. This new religion will be sold as peace and world unity, fairness and all that heart warming fuzzy crap.

It will not even occur to the people that think the bible is a lie, when they are standing in line to recieve the mark that the bible told them that day would come 2000 + years before hand.

Everyone that says there is no god will believe in this new religion. All claimed athiest will worship the beast and believe in a god. But not god. Worshiping the created not the creator.

The bible is the only book that tells, detailed in advance, the things that are coming on this world.

There are so many prophecies that have come to pass out of the bible. Only through ignorance, hate and contempt do people not want to believe. The same spirit in which the tower of babel was being built....... "professing themselves to be wise, they became fools"..... "There is a way that seems right to a man. But the way there in is death"

top topics

join