It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I support the video maker. And I love Muslims

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 09:00 AM
link   
I wholeheartedly support whoever made the Mohammed-slandering video that everyone is up in arms about. I think Google/Youtube not taking it down is the right thing to do. I haven't seen the video yet...but that really doesn't matter. It's not the content I support. It's the right to produce any content we want. And when I say "we" I mean people. Not Americans, not Jews, not Australians, not Muslims - people.

Was anyone physically harmed in the making of the video? No? Then get over it.

I also wholeheartedly support the Westboro Baptist Church's right to free speech. I think they're a bunch of awful scumbags who shouldn't (legally) be near a soldier's funeral. But does that mean they can't say what they want? NO - they have every right in the world to make themselves look like terrible people. And actually, it's freedom of speech that lets me know who these idiots are.

More importantly though, I have a healthy perspective when it comes to other human beings. I love them until they show me I should feel otherwise. Don't get me wrong - I don't blindly trust strangers, but if I were to see a person suffering and I could throw myself in there to help? I would absolutely do it 100% of the time. Would you not save a drowning Muslim because you could tell they prayed to "different" God? You don't know that person, you don't know how they feel and what they think and what they really believe.

If you are reading this, and I see you drowning, I will dive in and risk life and limb for you. You are worth it!

They are people. They are worth it. Every time.

I once had someone say to me "I think we should just nuke the Middle East and be done with it." That is beyond insanity. Almost like talking about a building you'd rather bulldoze than renovate. And meanwhile, you don't even own the building. Are you better because you were born in a different place and taught a different religion?

I am agnostic as all get-out. I don't pretend to know what forces combined to create this world and the wonders it contains. I don't know that I'm supposed to yet (or ever).

What I do know is that I can and will say whatever I damn well please however I want to say it - whether it offends you or not, I really don't care - deal with it.

But don't ever forget your humanity. Don't forget your fellow man. We are all in this together and no one here gets out alive.

So to you fellow ATSers I say - I love you and will dive in when you're drowning. And never forget to say what you want

edit on 16-9-2012 by Hawking because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 10:29 AM
link   
I agree with you 100%. I may not approve of the things you say, but I will defend your right to say them.

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 10:40 AM
link   
Thank you.

You get it where many dont seem to understand. What I find offensive it people trying to take my right to be offended away.

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 10:44 AM
link   
The video maker has blood on his hands and possibly created the trigger for WW3. Media is a powerful weapon. I love Muslims and I love everybody else and would like to see this never again:

The little boys mom had a right to make that sign and I love her and support her right to free speech.
Can't say it doesn't kill me to see the world get destroyed by this hatred. So thanks to all those who encourage hate.
Your contribution will hasten our demise.

edit on 9/16/2012 by sad_eyed_lady because: add something

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 11:35 AM
link   
reply to post by sad_eyed_lady

Only because a group of radicals got offended.And we're talking about a bunch of people who will stone a woman to death because she spoke out of turn. There is no blood on anyones hands but the ones who committed murder.

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 02:25 PM
link   
reply to post by 369821

Please consider this story and how you feel the about the speech rights of this woman whose wicked cyber-bullying scheme to hurt this young girl ended in the girl's suicide. Tell me, if you were Megan's parents would you not directly blame this woman for their daughter's death.

Suicide of Megan Meier

A movie incites hatred, riots, mayhem and murder and the movie maker did nothing wrong? You don't think he had a clue that this was the response he would get knowing these people will kill for burning the Koran.

Now he will live the rest of his life watching his back and it's SHTF time because there are consequences for hate speech.

Free speech can come with a huge price tag when it is hate speech.

Google, who has censored so much is being a douche not to censor this one as well. They are on some power trip or have an agenda of their own IMHO.

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 02:38 PM
link   

Everyone is responsible for their actions. Including those who commit murder or suicide.

If you wanna blame a movie for nutjob fundies in the ME that's fine. But it's misguided.

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 02:42 PM
link   

I dont believe in placing blame on one person or group of persons for the actions of another. This country has become a "blame game" culture. If one of my children committed suicide because he/she was bullied, I would not blame the other kids. It would be my child who CHOSE to end their own life instead of dealing with the situation at hand. People say and do mean things to people every day.All the time.If you choose to end your life because you are too sensitive to deal with the fact that there are jerkoffs in this world...well, Im sorry for you.
People like you who want to blame the film maker for the actions of a bunch of religious radicals are diluted. The radicals could of simply taken the mature adult approach and IGNORED IT. But they chose to lash out in anger like children.

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 02:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by 369821

Only because a group of radicals got offended.And we're talking about a bunch of people who will stone a woman to death because she spoke out of turn. There is no blood on anyones hands but the ones who committed murder.

I can tell you that it offended and angered all Muslims who are devoted to their faith. They may not go pick up a gun, but they do not like to see their prophet mocked.

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 02:54 PM
link   

I don't like it when members of ATS call me an evil innocent people killing American soldier.

But I don't want to take their right away to call me those things.

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 02:55 PM
link   

Well, they can get right over it. People mock religious beliefs every day. What makes them so special that they can kill over it?

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 02:58 PM
link   

Well, they can get right over it. People mock religious beliefs every day. What makes them so special that they can kill over it?

Western political correctness.

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 03:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Hawking

S&F

Regardless, right or wrong, we are ALL entitled to our opinions.

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 03:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Hawking

I don't support the filmmaker nor do I support violent protestors. I love Muslims, Jews, Christian, atheists etc...

I go though life living by the golden rule:

One should treat others as one would like others to treat oneself

Deliberately insulting people does not go well with this filosophy. If somebody chooses to ignore this simple rule, by all means, go ahead. I respect their freedom of expression but that doesn't make it right.

Peace

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 03:06 PM
link   
I don't get it why those muslims are so heat headed, they really can't take a joke. Not saying all muslims are like that, but a big majority shure is.

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 03:11 PM
link   

I dont believe in placing blame on one person or group of persons for the actions of another. This country has become a "blame game" culture. If one of my children committed suicide because he/she was bullied, I would not blame the other kids. It would be my child who CHOSE to end their own life instead of dealing with the situation at hand. People say and do mean things to people every day.All the time.If you choose to end your life because you are too sensitive to deal with the fact that there are jerkoffs in this world...well, Im sorry for you.
People like you who want to blame the film maker for the actions of a bunch of religious radicals are diluted. The radicals could of simply taken the mature adult approach and IGNORED IT. But they chose to lash out in anger like children.

For some reason they feel the need to defend their prophet who they hold in higher esteem than anyone else, but God/Allah. If someone posts a youtube video of your wife/daughter/mother and accuses them of things that were BS, I hope you have the ability to ignore it.

For every action there is a reaction.

That little girl would still be alive, if that ADULT didn't maliciously dupe her. Fact. Her action caused a reaction. We all have to deal with the actions of others. That is life. You want everyone to be non-violent and turn the other cheek? Good luck with that, sir. It is a noble ideal.

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 03:20 PM
link   

I think people should have the sense to act reasonably.

Make fun of Muhammad and go off on a killing rampage because of it?

Not reasonable.

Violence begets violence lady. Sticks and stones and all that. Do I agree with the guy who made the video? No. He's a jackass, but he has the right to be a jack ass and we do not have the right to remove his rights because fundamentalist Muslims will go on a bloodspilling spree in the name of Allah because they can't take a joke.

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 03:32 PM
link   

Turn the other cheek? No. Violence given results in violence received. But name calling, badgering, mocking and making fun of is not a reason to commit violence. Unless of course youre in the 1st grade and dont know any better.

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 03:41 PM
link   
reply to post by projectvxn

Aren't we (as a society) over shooting our target here with our interpretation of freedom of speech?

I mean, as a concept freedom of speech is great but when it changes into freedom to be degrading and offensive, isn't there some social factor that should allow us to say that some things go to far?

he has the right to be a jack ass and we do not have the right to remove his rights because fundamentalist Muslims will go on a bloodspilling spree in the name of Allah because they can't take a joke.

This 100% correct!!

but it is socially not acceptable to go around insulting people?

What happened to common sense and manners?

I know, i know, I wouldn't trade in my freedom of speech for anything but maybe assholes who insist on insulting should just keep to themselfs.

Peace

edit on 16-9-2012 by operation mindcrime because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 03:53 PM
link   
With the way things are, I think real life should have some form of moderation equal to that here on ATS.

You can say anything you like but when you are adressing the rest of society please let it be intelligent, polite ,courteous , civil and on-topic or else goto the off-topic section and rant away....

You up for the job VXN??

Peace
edit on 16-9-2012 by operation mindcrime because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join