It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wah wah wah, my thread/post was deleted.

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 08:55 AM
link   
What's with all the whiny passive aggressive ATS bashing over the last few days?

My entire time here, I have never had an issue with the Moderators or site administrators. Only once has one of my posts been removed. That was because it was vulgar and I was drunk. Did I cry about it? No. I realized my transgression and moved on. I didn't make a whole other thread complaining about being censored

Would you like to know my secret for not having my contributions removed? It's really simple, Don't violate the T&Cs of this privately owned internet forum. I know, it's crazy, but give it a shot. It actually works.

I even have a thread that discusses ways how I might wipe out our entire species..Possibilities for extermination of the human race. That should be offensive to the entire planet. But it doesn't violate the T&Cs, so there it is for your enjoyment.

So quit your crying, grow a thicker skin and move on. You sound like a bunch of spoiled little kids.
edit on 16-9-2012 by watchitburn because: Gender bias removed.

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 08:58 AM
link   
I'm not banned yet, so no complaints here.

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 09:06 AM
link   
wow, whining about whiners.
i've only had a few removed posts that were apparently off topic and was annoyed by it but making a thread about how annoyed you are on the site that annoyed you is lame.

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 09:17 AM
link   
reply to post by listerofsmeg

I think you missed the point. Though I suppose that same argument could be used against any rant on this site.
But the putting down of moderators and owners of the site over every perceived slight, whether real or imagined. Just sends a bad message to new members. I have never witnessed a post or thread removed unless it violated the T&C.

I hope you enjoyed your time in my rant.

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 09:28 AM
link   
reply to post by watchitburn

i do agree with you 100%
if they have a problem they should contact a moderator not give us another thread filled with why they hate ats,
i usually see the title and thats as far as it gets to me, no point reading it if it'll make you annoyed enough to make a hating haters thread though, because these are fairly common too.

this site gets nearly everything from random people who say what they want and so you need to expect to see garbage and whining now and then but you shouldn't let it get to you so much, but as i've worked customer service before i find it easy to ignore complaints lol.
edit on 16/9/2012 by listerofsmeg because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 09:28 AM
link   

You sound like a bunch of little girls.

And how, exactly, does a bunch of little girls sound?

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 09:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by listerofsmeg
wow, whining about whiners.
i've only had a few removed posts that were apparently off topic and was annoyed by it but making a thread about how annoyed you are on the site that annoyed you is lame.

Wow, whining about whiners who whine about whiners......

It's like one of those mirrors facing another mirror and reapting the image....

One that topic, did you know the amount of reflections you get from a mirror facing another mirror is equal to 360 degrees/the angle -1? I'm serious, if you place a mirror facing an other mirror the angle dictates how much reflections one sees!!

But what if the angle is 0 you ask? Well you can't divide by 0 and with two mirrors facing each other in a straight line any object placed in between the mirrors will cancel out it's own reflection.......or something like that.

Off topic? Maybe......but who cares right.

Peace

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 09:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by smyleegrl

Ha, I knew that would catch some flack.

No offense is directed at little girls, as many are quite tough. I will change it to children, so as not to be gender biased.

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 09:37 AM
link   
I've had a thread deleted once and it wasn't anything that I did necessarily but the responses it received made the thread a threat to the T&C's. This happens. My question to ATS became a controversial issue without this being the intention. I stepped back and realized that it was for the best and was able to see it from a mods perspective.

Mods are keeping the peace. Do I agree 100% of the time? Of course not but for the most part I do see the reasoning. There is a lot of controversy here on ATS so imagine what that would be like without Mods.

Someones got to reel us in when we step off the yellow brick road.

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 09:41 AM
link   

Well, it made me laugh, anyway. S&F just for that.

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 09:56 AM
link   

I once had a thread removed entitled

Donkey Rapes Ass, Sparks Massacre

I hope the mods saw the funny side of the thread before they hit delete.

Personally, I have no complaints with the moderation on this site.

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 10:56 AM
link   

Due to the very nature of ATS (open membership) anyone can join, but not everyone will get it. There will always be a few who completely disregard the T&Cs.

Good advice. Stick to the T&Cs. SnF.

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 12:31 PM
link   
I have really bad A.D.D. so alot of my post get removed for going 'Off Topic" Speaking of post's I went to the Post Exchange to get a pack of cigarettes and wait
Speaking of cigarettes I need to quit they are getting so expensive. speaking of expensive, if the price of gas gets any higher im going to have to ride my bike to work. Oh yeah cigarretts yesterday a squirrel stole my pack of cigarettes off the table while I was sitting there..

S&F for you OP, I agree with you 100% that we need to exterminate squirrels

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 01:06 PM
link   

Really, really loud and high pitched, at least in my experience. I have a one year old granddaughter, and her screech could peel paint.

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 01:08 PM
link   
reply to post by ussoldier

Speaking of squirrels. You might be interested in this little nugget of nonsensical goodness.

Zombie Cannibal Squirrel Apocalypse
edit on 16-9-2012 by watchitburn because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 02:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by watchitburn
reply to post by ussoldier

Speaking of squirrels. You might be interested in this little nugget of nonsensical goodness.

Zombie Cannibal Squirrel Apocalypse
edit on 16-9-2012 by watchitburn because: (no reason given)

Thats crazy.. I always thought squirrels were peaceful and only eat acorns. makes sense now why they stole my cigarettes, I would also enjoy a smoke after eating some roasted rabbit and squirrel.

BTW...Thats kinda wierd that a made a joke towards you that had absolutely nothing to do with this thread saying

S&F for you OP, I agree with you 100% that we need to exterminate squirrels

and you made a thread over a year ago about "Zombie Cannibal Squirrel Apocalypse" What are the chances of me randomly saying I agree with you about exterminating squirrels in a rant about deleted post to a random person that authored a thread about zombie squirrels.

I swear I have never read that thread before, I never heard of ATS when you made that thread. Its atleast a very strange coincidence
edit on 2012/9/16 by ussoldier because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 02:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by operation mindcrime

Wow, whining about whiners who whine about whiners......

Aw, give the guy a break. He said he only had one post deleted because he was drunk.

Annnnd, what was he drunk on? Drum roll, please.

WINE.

I just couldn't let that pass, could I now?

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 03:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by watchitburn

Ha, I knew that would catch some flack.

No offense is directed at little girls, as many are quite tough. I will change it to children, so as not to be gender biased.

You, my friend, are a gentleman and a scholar. If more people were as willing to bend their position statement just a bit per your example, conversations on this site would blossom to untold dimensions. Hey everybody, could you be more like watchitburn? It didn't hurt him a bit did it? And it didn't change his meaning either. It just showed what a conscientious person he is.

P.S... Also, whining really isn't gender-specific, or age-specific apparently.

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 03:28 PM
link   

Dont let the "complaining" get to you.

Quit your crying, grow a thicker skin and move on. You sound like a whiny brat.

edit on 16-9-2012 by gladtobehere because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 04:26 PM
link   
reply to post by new_here

I wouldn't go so far as to call myself conscientious.

But I see no reason why I can't be civilized.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join