It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US would not use nukes in WW3, instead WW3 would lead to a HUGE leap forward in CLEAN Technology, ma

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 07:44 AM
link   
So if we get to a huge conflict in the middle east, I believe it would lead to a huge leap foward in CLEAN technology that could help sustain the energy needs of the planet.

I was just discussing what's going on right now with a friend and he mentioned the use of nuclear weapons, and it dawned on me, the US will never use nuclear bombs in the middle east because it would destroy, or destroy access to, natural resources such as water and oil that the US (and world) will obviously want for themselves.

On top of that, if it is WW3, the US will want to come out once again as a super power far out ahead of everybody else for the sake of the economy, this means technology ahead of the rest of the world, much like what happened at the end of WW2.

So in order to achieve both of these, I think they would drop a "clean bomb" on Iran for example. What kind of device would it be? A positron bomb, or an antimatter bomb. These bombs would be clean, no radioactive cloud, they would destroy all but preserve the environment.

This type of energy would then be out of the bag and lead to technological advancements based on it.

----

"Unlike regular nuclear bombs, positron bombs wouldn't eject plumes of radioactive debris. When large numbers of positrons and antielectrons collide, the primary product is an invisible but extremely dangerous burst of gamma radiation. Thus, in principle, a positron bomb could be a step toward one of the military's dreams from the early Cold War: a so-called "clean" superbomb that could kill large numbers of soldiers without ejecting radioactive contaminants over the countryside.

Read more: www.sfgate.com..."

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 07:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Rukas

No, I think they would preserve this option for the real emergency. Why should they reveal their advanced tech when the existing public known weapons will do the job? As much as I want clean energy technology, too, thats not the way it will happen.

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 07:53 AM
link   
They could just use neutron bombs. This tech already exists and we have the weapons.
Or, they could just use an EMP attack to eliminate all electrical/electronic system capabilities in the target area. After that, they could use conventional weapons(bombs) to destroy whatever targets they felt necessary.
edit on 16-9-2012 by DarthMuerte because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 07:54 AM
link   
reply to post by DarthMuerte

but will it blend?

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 08:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by StareDad

but will it blend?
What do you mean?

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 08:12 AM
link   

Neutron bombs have a larger radioactive fall out than regular bombs.

As for "having the technology already," they probably have positron bombs or antimatter bombs already too, they've been doing the research since the cold war.

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 08:13 AM
link   
reply to post by StareDad

Because the existing public known weapons will destroy the natural resources they want/will need. Radioactive fall out over the middle east is NOT good for business.
edit on 16-9-2012 by Rukas because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 08:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by DarthMuerte

Originally posted by StareDad

but will it blend?
What do you mean?

Haha. Look up blendtec on YouTube, you'll understand.

Now on topic, I feel that the discussion of whether or not WW3 will even occur just proves how much power we have allowed others take from us. Our Military is built around free will to participate. Military personnel are everyday family people, they have a life and a story, they're like us. They choose to commit acts of violence when they can simply fall back and actually protect their country rather than attack others. The U.S. will be the biggest player in the next WW. We can dictate how it plays out, we have the control. No need to be dragged into others problems, or start problems.

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 09:42 AM
link   

I ment, no destruction, no fear.

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 09:47 AM
link   
I agree that the west would not want to use nuclear weapons at all. But, as was the case when Saddam set fire to the oil fields, other people would want to destroy what the west want to get their hands on. The US have more than likely developed far more sophisticated WMD's anyway that can deal with killing people indiscriminantly whilst preserving their profit margins.

Also, if any one ME nation uses nukes they pretty much commit suicide, because the fallout (in all senses of the word) WILL affect them. I don't think they are stupid enough, unless of course they think they can do it then rely on their god to provide some sort of miraculous way out for them.

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 10:03 AM
link   
In case of WW3 loosing side will use non-conventional weapons. Will it be a pathway to clean technology? Probably yes since the most advanced surviving life form - roaches - are not into polluting technology anyway.

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 05:00 PM
link   
*Sigh*

I think you guys are completely missing the point of this thread.

Maybe someone can move this to Science & Technology?

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 05:05 PM
link   
If it got to the point where they would actually use nuclear weapons, all rational reasoning is out the window by that point, no one will be thinking of access to water and oil.

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 05:19 PM
link   
reply to post by babybunnies

The point is they wont NEED to consider using nuclear weapons, because the US has more powerful CLEAN bombs already.

posted on Jul, 28 2015 @ 03:39 AM
link   
I had a discussion with Dr Freeman Dyson about anti matter bombs and they would not be clean and still would emit a significant amount of radiation, they would be cleaner than fission bombs but not clean. Right now there is not enough antimatter to make a bomb. There is a new type of fusion bomb on the drawing board that would use antimatter as the trigger rather than using nuclear fission to trigger the fusion explosion. Again it would be cleaner but not clean. I recall on another forum once John Lear claiming they use clean nuclear bombs to make underground cities. That was hilarious years ago when I mentioned it to Dr Teller and Dr Dyson. If clean nuclear bombs had been developed then Project Orion would have moved forward. The primary obstacle for Orion was the fallout. If they are ever able to clean up the nuclear pulse engine then Orion may be brought back into existence.
a reply to: Rukas

posted on Jul, 28 2015 @ 04:21 AM
link   
a reply to: Rukas

because the US has more powerful CLEAN bombs already.

Not as powerful as Russia though.

Aviation Thermobaric Bomb of Increased Power (ATBIP) (Russian: Авиационная вакуумная бомба повышенной мощности (АВБПМ)), nicknamed "Father of All Bombs" (FOAB) (Отец всех бомб), is a Russian-made air-delivered/land-activated thermobaric weapon. In describing the bomb's destructive power, Russian deputy chief of the general staff Alexander Rukshin was quoted as saying, "all that is alive merely evaporates."[1] The bomb is reportedly four times as powerful as the US military's GBU-43/B Massive Ordnance Air Blast bomb (whose official military acronym "MOAB" is often colloquially called the "Mother of All Bombs" as a backronym). This Russian device would therefore be the most powerful conventional (non-nuclear) weapon in the world.[2] The veracity of Russia's claims concerning the weapon's size and power have been questioned by US defense analysts.[

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Jul, 28 2015 @ 05:13 AM
link   
There was a neutron bomb - confirmed as "likely" by an IAEA scientist.

It is all over youtube just search Yemen - neutron bomb

It is undeniable for those that know the physics of these things.

www.youtube.com...

www.youtube.com...

posted on Jul, 28 2015 @ 05:15 AM
link   
The small tactical nukes were specifically designed for the upcoming Mideast war !

The us generals now have the authority to use these tactical nukes !! Bypassing the normal strict measures needed.

posted on Jul, 28 2015 @ 05:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: Rukas

Neutron bombs have a larger radioactive fall out than regular bombs.

As for "having the technology already," they probably have positron bombs or antimatter bombs already too, they've been doing the research since the cold war.

Neutron bombs have less fallout I think you will find. It is used as most of the energy is released in electrons which penetrate deeply into the rock into which the bunker buster is fired. Notice in the youtube vid of the yemen neutron bomb... The proton bombardment that occurs ?

posted on Jul, 28 2015 @ 05:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: mungbean
Notice in the youtube vid of the yemen neutron bomb...

Now you are being silly - that was not a nuclear weapon!

top topics

<<   2 >>

join